Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448515 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2355 on: July 28, 2023, 02:00:02 AM »

I really like that. I'm especially a fan of the classic racing car vibe.

Thanks SFD, glad you like this one too. I was watching old footage of Formula One racing when it reminded me that George Lucas loves Hot Rods and classic muscle cars so I had a think about suitable vehicles I could base a hilt on. Then I recalled the famous Audi/Auto Union cars in the Silver Arrows team which were super streamlined with mad aerodynamic bodywork....and thought the Audi I showed, if made a little narrower would form a great frame for a Speeder bike.

But amazingly the base for this model consists of just two basic cubes that I stretched then added subsurface modifiers to (I know you'll understand what I mean by that).

point incoming.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2356 on: July 28, 2023, 03:36:29 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I have said in the past that I was getting a bit short of in universe Star Wars inspiration so needed to expand my model making to include objects other than just lightsabers. So I made a few pairs of electrobinoculars and a few starfighters/ships, well today I present my take on a favourite form of Star Wars transport - the Speeder Bike. I saw one in the recent Ahsoka trailer so this is as good a time as any to reveal mine. Here is my Speedster....

And I have mentioned before that I'm a fan of motor-racing, be it on two or four wheels, and it was a famous racing car that helped inspire the styling of this Speedster....the Audi Silver Arrows....

And that just about wraps up this week's contribution, I hope you liked it and thanks for looking in.

This looks really cool. You can definitely see the inspiration from the classic car. I like your version of the speeder better then the original.  It looks like "when" I hit a tree I might actually survive on your speeder bike. The O.G. bike is just helping you wedge deeper into the tree with its design. Only two guns though?
 Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I'm always interested in seeing them!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2357 on: July 28, 2023, 05:04:57 PM »

This looks really cool. You can definitely see the inspiration from the classic car. I like your version of the speeder better then the original.  It looks like "when" I hit a tree I might actually survive on your speeder bike. The O.G. bike is just helping you wedge deeper into the tree with its design. Only two guns though?
 Thanks for sharing your talents with us. I'm always interested in seeing them!

Thanks so much Kaiser, and I'm glad you feel my design would be more survivable if it were in a crash - it is a bit more solid. I did design this as a basic transport so didn't add too much in the way of weaponry but I do have a "twin-pod" version coming soon that I could modify and add a cannon or two. Roll Eyes.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #2358 on: July 29, 2023, 09:13:02 AM »

Thanks so much Kaiser, and I'm glad you feel my design would be more survivable if it were in a crash - it is a bit more solid. I did design this as a basic transport so didn't add too much in the way of weaponry but I do have a "twin-pod" version coming soon that I could modify and add a cannon or two. Roll Eyes.

You posted six pictures and the last is the classic. The fourth pic is a rendering from the low angle and it made me think the two protrusions were blasters.

You should do a sith/mad max version.  Same model, just black with silver under body damage. Then overload with guns! Slightly reducing the speed? Duel triggers and controlled firing helps to steer and all guns firing at once helps to decelerate.
 Just saying!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2359 on: July 29, 2023, 03:50:33 PM »

You posted six pictures and the last is the classic. The fourth pic is a rendering from the low angle and it made me think the two protrusions were blasters.
 You should do a sith/mad max version.  Same model, just black with silver under body damage. Then overload with guns!

Hi Kaiser, sorry I was just doing some tinkering with some mods for the Speedster when you posted this idea (which I will also work on)....but I do have this as an interim solution... Shocked

Hope this works!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2360 on: July 29, 2023, 06:11:54 PM »

You've gotta be a beast to drive that thing and shoot that minigun at the same time.  Cheesy

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #2361 on: July 29, 2023, 09:28:39 PM »

Hi Kaiser, sorry I was just doing some tinkering with some mods for the Speedster when you posted this idea (which I will also work on)....but I do have this as an interim solution... Shocked

Hope this works!

This is perfect. No need to change the color. I'm impressed you did that so quickly.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2362 on: July 29, 2023, 10:23:09 PM »

You've gotta be a beast to drive that thing and shoot that minigun at the same time.  Cheesy
This is perfect. No need to change the color. I'm impressed you did that so quickly.

Hi SFD and Kaiser, thanks guys. I was gonna do a single barrelled cannon but after our recent discussions on belt fed blasters I figured why not go big and do a Z6 minigun! And you two have finally cracked me....this is the first man portable baster that I have 3D modelled!

Points incoming when I can add them.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2363 on: August 03, 2023, 12:32:39 AM »

Great design For, with or without the gun, camo like colouring makes it fit well. Amazing the breadth of places you can draw inspiration from. This kind of vehicle that could be adapted to almost any environment given it runs on repulsors, could imagine a fleet of them of different colours for different uses with different attachments to the tops/sides ie the Speedester is a flexible solid base upon which to add gear for special uses. Also the Thunder dome saber looks great, what a concept and so well executed as always. The idea of 'light saber' gladiator battles is pretty vicious, very short bouts I have no doubt!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2364 on: August 03, 2023, 01:06:45 AM »

Great design For, with or without the gun, camo like colouring makes it fit well. Amazing the breadth of places you can draw inspiration from. This kind of vehicle that could be adapted to almost any environment given it runs on repulsors, could imagine a fleet of them of different colours for different uses with different attachments to the tops/sides ie the Speedester is a flexible solid base upon which to add gear for special uses.

Hi LSG thanks, I'm so glad this Speedster has another fan. But I have to say either you have read my mind or been in my workshop (again) because I do have a few variants/repaints coming soon including a bike/sidecar "Twinpod" version. I am working on some more "mission pack" bolt on parts like the Z6 I just added..
Also the Thunder dome saber looks great, what a concept and so well executed as always. The idea of 'light saber' gladiator battles is pretty vicious, very short bouts I have no doubt!

Well....I can safely say none of the lightsaber Thunderdome duels would be held over two legs Grin

And finally back to the Speedster and Kaiser Sosay's suggestion...a tactical black Sith inspired version with Mad Max scratches...

Thx again and points on the way.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #2365 on: August 03, 2023, 08:45:54 PM »

Hi LSG thanks, I'm so glad this Speedster has another fan. But I have to say either you have read my mind or been in my workshop (again) because I do have a few variants/repaints coming soon including a bike/sidecar "Twinpod" version. I am working on some more "mission pack" bolt on parts like the Z6 I just added..
Well....I can safely say none of the lightsaber Thunderdome duels would be held over two legs Grin

And finally back to the Speedster and Kaiser Sosay's suggestion...a tactical black Sith inspired version with Mad Max scratches...

Thx again and points on the way.

I love it! Everything looks better in black. Nice work as always.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2366 on: August 04, 2023, 06:26:30 PM »

I love it! Everything looks better in black. Nice work as always.

I kinda like this one a lot too. I will say that I didn't go as far as I could with the scratches cos I didn't want to damage it too much.
I was worried a solid black scheme might have overpowered the model so you couldn't see it's details but it worked out way better than I hoped. And believe it or not the scratches are the same texture as the camouflage but I tweaked the scale and colour values to recreates silvery streaks and patches versus the green/black camo pattern.

Thanks as always.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2367 on: August 15, 2023, 04:16:14 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I'm a little bit late posting this but I had to go out of town to see an elderly relative and had to stay in a nice 18th century coach-house that has been turned into a 5 star hotel!
The hotel was unbelievably nice (especially the staff) but unfortunately the Internet connectivity was a bit hit and miss due to the building being located in a valley.
ANYhoo...I'm here to show you the next variant of my Speedster Bike in a Hoth/ice planet styled paint scheme...and the NEW sidecar variant that I call "Binary Twinpod"

The single seater is a basic repaint in snow camo but I did change the colour of the propulsion system to give the vehicle "Cool-lift Repulsors" so it doesn't melt the snow/ice! The sidecar Twinpod version however is an all round Recon and Attack vehicle for two crew and features an integrated navigation and target acquisition system with both a viewscreen panel and the ability to wirelessly send the imaging to an optical device within the passengers' helmets HUD. Oh yes and the Z6FT minigun of course. Thanks for looking in on this upgrade.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2368 on: August 22, 2023, 06:17:03 PM »

Hello Everybody,

Ok I think it's about time to post my next offerings as I am trying to catch up and post all the designs I have posted on my site already. However today's designs are actually more of a  tribute to two fantastic and iconic actors that we lost around August and September last year.
The first is a tribute to Roger E. Mosley...Theodore "TC" Calvin. TC and his famous Hughes 500 helicopter swooping down to Honolulu Beach in the intro credits always stuck in my mind and fuelled my interest in aeroplanes and choppers. But the character of TC himself and the man behind the character were also fascinating.

Shortly after this sad news of Roger's passing came the equally sad news for Sci-Fi fans around the world when we discovered Nichelle Nichols, our beloved Lt Cmdr Uhura also passed away. This was my tribute to the "Queen of the Comms"...

Two icons of popular TV(and movie) culture who are sadly missed already. I hope I did justice to both of them in remembrance for everything they gave to me through their works.
And yes, that is Uhura's famous comms earpiece, which I also modelled!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2369 on: August 23, 2023, 04:51:29 AM »

Two more great sabers For, the little touch of the Helicopters number on the Magnum TC is great, the star trek one with bold colurs very fitting for the aesthetic of the uniforms.

And the Hoth speedster looks great, For-Foundries offering camouflage patterns to suit all their customers needs it seems and cool repulsors so they are harder to track and don't kick up a trail. I'm sure there are a lot of buyers across the galaxy for such a sleek adaptable vehilce.   

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: