Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448774 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2370 on: August 23, 2023, 06:28:56 PM »

Two more great sabers For, the little touch of the Helicopters number on the Magnum TC is great, the star trek one with bold colurs very fitting for the aesthetic of the uniforms.

And the Hoth speedster looks great, For-Foundries offering camouflage patterns to suit all their customers needs it seems and cool repulsors so they are harder to track and don't kick up a trail. I'm sure there are a lot of buyers across the galaxy for such a sleek adaptable vehilce.   

Hi LSG, I'm so glad the "uniform" theme worked so well on Uhura's hilt and you picked up on it. Those William Ware Thiess designed costumes were just so iconic in themselves.
Then of course TC's hilt, I was so influenced by his helicopter that I added a DLC onto Microsoft Flight Simulator which added the chopper to the game. I spent hours buzzing round Hawaii (and my thoughts go out to those affected by the Maui Wildfiires).
Finally,  I just thought the famous tail registration number had to feature on the hilt.

"For-Foundries"....I like that! Do you mind if I steal that name as an official division of my design empire?  Roll Eyes Grin

Thanks for the kind comments as ever. Point incoming.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2371 on: August 25, 2023, 04:30:37 PM »

Well, it's hard to believe that I haven't been on the forums for over a month but with the passing of my pops this summer has been a diffrent one.
 I've missed a lot on here as I see that you have been very busy posting new and cool stuff , which I like a lot. Points to you for sharing your work with us! MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2372 on: August 26, 2023, 12:21:58 AM »

Well, it's hard to believe that I haven't been on the forums for over a month but with the passing of my pops this summer has been a diffrent one.
 I've missed a lot on here as I see that you have been very busy posting new and cool stuff , which I like a lot. Points to you for sharing your work with us! MTFBWY!

Hi there MavRick, drop by whenever you feel like it, don't burden yourself with thinking we expect you to comment day in day out. You need time to work through stuff I imagine (and remember I'm here if you should need an ear to listen to you ok -just drop me a PM)
I'm thankful that you are still around and you enjoyed my recent work. Stay well and look after you and your family.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2373 on: September 03, 2023, 09:37:55 PM »

Hello Everybody, I might be a little late posting this design but I hope it's better late than never...

With all the buzz about Ahsoka recently I figured an update to my Stormtrooper themed hilt was in order making it a Phase Two version.
Thanks for looking in on this one.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #2374 on: September 03, 2023, 10:22:56 PM »

Love the design and colors. Sending you a point for this one! This design is so close to the Prophecy saber I kind of want to get one and then replicate your color scheme.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2375 on: September 04, 2023, 01:48:49 AM »

Love the design and colors. Sending you a point for this one! This design is so close to the Prophecy saber I kind of want to get one and then replicate your color scheme.

I can see it now you mention it! Wow you have a good eye for ideas. I never considered what this "Trooper" colour scheme would look like on US hilts. Although I did model and paint a version of a US hilt for our friend Karmack....

If you ever do mod a Prophecy in the Trooper skin I'd love to see it. Thanks as ever.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2376 on: September 04, 2023, 03:38:12 PM »

I love how you worked the clone trooper helmet design into the emitter. Genius.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2377 on: September 04, 2023, 09:44:01 PM »

I love how you worked the clone trooper helmet design into the emitter. Genius.

Hi SFD, the visor detail was just another one of the little things I add to try and really tie a saber to it's inspiration. I was going to try and make the visor a cut out window but it looked untidy and worked better left solid.

Thanks as always, a point is on it's way to you.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2378 on: September 05, 2023, 11:57:39 PM »

Nice really got the colour scheme dead on with this one. Exactly like the helmet

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2379 on: September 06, 2023, 06:17:34 PM »

Nice really got the colour scheme dead on with this one. Exactly like the helmet

Hi LSG, hope you and your folks are doing well. Glad you liked the Phase Two trooper upgrade. I was particularly pleased with the paint job on this one, because believe it or not, this camo/weathering is the same texture I used on recent models such as my Speedster bike and Electrobinoculars. I was able to recycle the texture.

And may I say the images accompanying your Fan-Fiction story is phenomenal - points incoming!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2380 on: September 06, 2023, 08:10:38 PM »

I really like the Commander Cody saber. It looks very good and you can see a lot of details that match his armor. And the color scheme is spot on.  Grin Point to you good Sir.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2381 on: September 06, 2023, 08:42:05 PM »

I really like the Commander Cody saber. It looks very good and you can see a lot of details that match his armor. And the color scheme is spot on.  Grin Point to you good Sir.

Hi MavRick, thanks to you also - I really enjoyed updating this saber from my original Finn FN-2187 First Order hilt I made way back.
And it won't be a big surprise but I have a Rex variant of this design and....maybe a Mando themed one too coming up, so please stay tuned!

point incoming!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2382 on: September 12, 2023, 07:46:46 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I forgot to mention that one of the things that prompted me to redesign my Trooper hilt was the news that my friend Darth Rage was accepted into the 501st Legion costuming group with his Clone Trooper cosplay that he put together - and man it was really sweet. Here is my 501st/Capt Rex/Darth Rage inspired version of my Trooper saber.

And the last image is a photo of Darth Rage himself I borrowed from his social media (and not a movie screengrab) Rage now builds suits for the community.
And again thanks for looking in on this version and don't worry I still have a few to go yet!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2383 on: September 13, 2023, 11:53:01 PM »

Absolutely nailing it with these ones For, the colour and design really seamless for the armour, would be completely fitting on the belt of those Clones. and wow what a Cos Play by Darth Rage.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2384 on: September 14, 2023, 02:38:56 AM »

Absolutely nailing it with these ones For, the colour and design really seamless for the armour, would be completely fitting on the belt of those Clones. and wow what a Cos Play by Darth Rage.

Hi LSG, yes I was totally stunned when I saw Rage's reveal of his cosplay. And when I found out how much work went into it, well astounding....the amount of sanding he did between paint layers and smoothing the joins in the parts, he now has one arm with muscles like Popeye the Sailorman!

And thanks for the compliment on my Trooper hilts. These are really the culmination of  four years work using Blender 3D (and a few designs I made earlier which I have PM'd pictures of to you cos they use "Other Guys" technology Grin Roll Eyes)
However, here is a comparison of my first Trooper hilts and todays...

Wow 2019 seems a long time ago looking at these...but good news....I have just created FOUR new versions bringing the total to 7.
Thanks and points incoming.

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: