Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448481 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2385 on: September 14, 2023, 03:14:05 PM »

Hello Everybody, I might be a little late posting this design but I hope it's better late than never...

With all the buzz about Ahsoka recently I figured an update to my Stormtrooper themed hilt was in order making it a Phase Two version.
Thanks for looking in on this one.
I LOVE this hilt!  These look absolutely FANTASTIC sir!

Hello Everybody,

I forgot to mention that one of the things that prompted me to redesign my Trooper hilt was the news that my friend Darth Rage was accepted into the 501st Legion costuming group with his Clone Trooper cosplay that he put together - and man it was really sweet. Here is my 501st/Capt Rex/Darth Rage inspired version of my Trooper saber.

And the last image is a photo of Darth Rage himself I borrowed from his social media (and not a movie screengrab) Rage now builds suits for the community.
And again thanks for looking in on this version and don't worry I still have a few to go yet!
First off: that's phenomenal news re: Darth Rage & his induction into the 501st!  Congratulations are in order  Smiley

I have to say that Rex has been a favorite of mine since I got into "The Clone Wars" and your saber does him justice: from the color scheme to the sleek lines (LOVE the Old Republic/Imperial insignia on the activation button) and the homage to the helmets, this is awesome  Cool

Hi LSG, yes I was totally stunned when I saw Rage's reveal of his cosplay. And when I found out how much work went into it, well astounding....the amount of sanding he did between paint layers and smoothing the joins in the parts, he now has one arm with muscles like Popeye the Sailorman!

And thanks for the compliment on my Trooper hilts. These are really the culmination of  four years work using Blender 3D (and a few designs I made earlier which I have PM'd pictures of to you cos they use "Other Guys" technology Grin Roll Eyes)
However, here is a comparison of my first Trooper hilts and todays...

Wow 2019 seems a long time ago looking at these...but good news....I have just created FOUR new versions bringing the total to 7.
Thanks and points incoming.
I LIKE this rendering for the First Order tonfa, ESPECIALLY the pommel.  Makes me think that this should REALLY be standard issue for the storm troopers' kit  Wink

OUTSTANDING work, FT!

WELL deserved point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2386 on: September 14, 2023, 10:00:09 PM »

Hello Dutch,

So glad you liked these Phase Two Trooper hilts too. I was able to include all the little details much better than the hilts from four years ago...you'll be able to see back in 2019 my models were still "faceted" and looked blocky but now I have the skills to smooth and contour parts much better. I'm also glad you picked up on the other details. (And good news, I came up with four new variants over the last few days so stay tuned!)

And I agree, Rex is such a fantastic character. One of my favourite memories is of Rex when he and a few other demobbed clones had the old AT-TE walker and go "fishing" in the desert (in Rebels).

Thanks as always.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2387 on: September 20, 2023, 07:59:00 PM »

Hello Everybody,

With all the excitement of the Summer Raffle I nearly forgot that I was due to post another design! Well I have a Vision here and it comes from the SW animation of the same name. Here is  the  "Margrave Saber"

And  below is a screengrab I used for reference....

Now this hilt is probably one of the most visibly accurate sabers I have modelled. And even though it looks basic and simple, it isn't - the reason being is that I didn't cut and paste a photo texture onto this hilt like a wrap....I modelled all the patterning into the model itself! That means the decoration is the model. I also went out of the way and modelled a nice display case with fully transparent glass (I used to have issues with Blender not displaying glass parts properly but I've worked out the technique)
Anyhoo I hope you like this Visions hilt and thanks for checking it out.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2388 on: September 20, 2023, 09:10:37 PM »

Hello Everybody,

With all the excitement of the Summer Raffle I nearly forgot that I was due to post another design! Well I have a Vision here and it comes from the SW animation of the same name. Here is  the  "Margrave Saber"

And  below is a screengrab I used for reference....

Now this hilt is probably one of the most visibly accurate sabers I have modelled. And even though it looks basic and simple, it isn't - the reason being is that I didn't cut and paste a photo texture onto this hilt like a wrap....I modelled all the patterning into the model itself! That means the decoration is the model. I also went out of the way and modelled a nice display case with fully transparent glass (I used to have issues with Blender not displaying glass parts properly but I've worked out the technique)
Anyhoo I hope you like this Visions hilt and thanks for checking it out.
Beautiful!  I remember watching this episode and liking the color scheme (not to mention the story; having delved "a bit" into alternate Star Wars stories, I like to learn new ideas which, often times, sparks creativity  Smiley).  You say "simple" and "basic" but allow me to disagree, at least in part: it may be a simple design, but that's akin to saying that a photograph of the sky with the sun is "simple;" it's no less wonderful to look at  Wink 
However, it definitely does not look "basic" IMO.  The illuminated activation button alone looks splendid my friend, and--like I said--the color scheme is gorgeous^^  I absolutely agree that the patterning is fantastic (heh, that kind of thing just appeals to me  Cheesy).

Long story short: great job, FT!

Point!

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2389 on: September 20, 2023, 09:42:35 PM »

Hi Dutch,

Thank you, so glad you liked the Margrave. I should have said this saber has a low parts count (it's made of just 6 pieces). The paint job is down to sectioning the parts which creates panels (called Faces in 3d modelling)  that can be coloured individually - and  if you distort the faces by manipulating the coordinates of their edges and corners  you can create the patterns (similar to shaping chicken wire mesh).

I think that makes sense....anyhoo thanks again and stay tuned for more Visions hilts and a few more Trooper variants.

EDIT: AND BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 4TH PLACE PRIZE!!! Well deserved!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #2390 on: September 20, 2023, 10:15:14 PM »

Hi Dutch,

Thank you, so glad you liked the Margrave. I should have said this saber has a low parts count (it's made of just 6 pieces). The paint job is down to sectioning the parts which creates panels (called Faces in 3d modelling)  that can be coloured individually - and  if you distort the faces by manipulating the coordinates of their edges and corners  you can create the patterns (similar to shaping chicken wire mesh).

I think that makes sense....anyhoo thanks again and stay tuned for more Visions hilts and a few more Trooper variants.
I really do like your Margrave saber; you make the design SOUND easy...but I know that I could NEVER do what you do  Wink

EDIT: AND BIG CONGRATS ON YOUR 4TH PLACE PRIZE!!! Well deserved!
Thank you my friend  Smiley 

I've been INCREDIBLY lucky with the Raffles and I'm very grateful for my experiences with UltraSabers  Cool

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2391 on: September 20, 2023, 10:59:05 PM »

Nice, I love that hilt and you did a great job of recreating it. The Ninth Jedi is one of the best episodes of Visions, though I've only seen Season 1.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2392 on: September 21, 2023, 01:56:49 AM »

Nice, I love that hilt and you did a great job of recreating it. The Ninth Jedi is one of the best episodes of Visions, though I've only seen Season 1.

Thanks SFD, I really was amazed how well this one worked because as I mentioned I didn't take the easy route and apply a photo texture to the geometry I actually put loop cuts into the cylinder then manipulated the extra vertices to form the outline of the pattern - then for each segment I created procedural textures for the blue, gold and black markings.

And Visions Season 2 is good  as well. It expands on the different styles of animation including Ardman Animations (of Shaun the Sheep fame) stop motion, though Ardman now uses digital modelling rather than physical puppets.
The stories however are also better especially the first episode titled "Sith"...and Ep4 "I am your Mother" is brilliant with many Easter Eggs (including how Maz obtained Luke's saber!)
Well worth watching when you get the chance.

Thanks again!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2393 on: September 21, 2023, 04:41:24 AM »

Brilliant job, truly an elegant weapon for a more civilized age there For, very regal looking colours.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2394 on: September 21, 2023, 11:40:45 AM »

And Visions Season 2 is good  as well. It expands on the different styles of animation including Ardman Animations (of Shaun the Sheep fame) stop motion, though Ardman now uses digital modelling rather than physical puppets.
The stories however are also better especially the first episode titled "Sith"...and Ep4 "I am your Mother" is brilliant with many Easter Eggs (including how Maz obtained Luke's saber!)
Well worth watching when you get the chance.

Visions season 2 is definitely something I want to watch, but I keep forgetting about it. It doesn't help that I'm not currently subscribed to Disney+. The most streaming services I'll watch at a time are a couple, so I don't subscribe to a bunch so that I can pay these companies for stuff I'm not going to watch. I'm perpetually subscribed to Amazon Prime, but not for the video. It's more for my addiction to Amazon shopping and wanting fast (sometimes same day) shipping. I also currently have Max and Netflix. I do need to get back onto Disney+, though, and watch some of the Star Wars stuff on there. Though, this time I don't think I'll bundle it with Hulu. Hulu is OK, but I really just want to watch some SW and **Maybe** some Marvel stuff. These things sure were more simple when there was mostly just Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.  Roll Eyes

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2395 on: September 21, 2023, 01:07:31 PM »

Brilliant job, truly an elegant weapon for a more civilized age there For, very regal looking colours.

Hi LSG, that is probably the best compliment that I could receive, that my work has reached "regal" status  Grin Thank you!

Visions season 2 is definitely something I want to watch, but I keep forgetting about it. It doesn't help that I'm not currently subscribed to Disney+. The most streaming services I'll watch at a time are a couple, so I don't subscribe to a bunch so that I can pay these companies for stuff I'm not going to watch.
I do need to get back onto Disney+, though, and watch some of the Star Wars stuff on there.
I really just want to watch some SW and **Maybe** some Marvel stuff. These things sure were more simple when there was mostly just Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.  Roll Eyes

Hi SFD, I can agree with this, the different platforms cost way too much and are way too many for what little each offers. Though regards Visions, there is good news and I've sent you a PM that you might find interesting!

Thanks to both of you for all the comments! Points inbound when I can add them.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2396 on: September 21, 2023, 11:38:51 PM »

The prices made sense when there were a few services. Cut cable (I was never a big fan of cable television anyway) and go to a couple subscription services. But then everyone had to star their own service and pull their content off of Netflix and Amazon.  Roll Eyes I do get Paramount+ completely free. Since I work at Walmart, associates get Walmart+ for free, and Walmart+ includes Paramount+ with ads. Not a bad deal at all.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2397 on: September 22, 2023, 02:40:17 AM »

The prices made sense when there were a few services. Cut cable (I was never a big fan of cable television anyway) and go to a couple subscription services. But then everyone had to star their own service and pull their content off of Netflix and Amazon.  Roll Eyes I do get Paramount+ completely free. Since I work at Walmart, associates get Walmart+ for free, and Walmart+ includes Paramount+ with ads. Not a bad deal at all.

Free is always good! (A bit like "Short help is better than no help"  Grin)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2398 on: September 22, 2023, 01:41:42 PM »

If you like free, Tubi is also a nice one. Varied content and no paid subscriptions, it's all ad supported. My cousin told me about it and I've watched a few movies and ALF on it. Their ad breaks aren't bad. About 90 seconds to 2 minutes. With shows, they're in the spots you expect them to be and they're about every 20 minutes in a movie. It reminds me of when Hulu had a free ad supported tier.

I don't remember there being any issues with the timing of the ad breaks on Tubi. Paramount+ is another story. They tend to miss the intended ad break and break in during a conversation or other important thing. Roll Eyes But, as I said, I don't pay for it so I put up with it.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2399 on: September 22, 2023, 04:55:06 PM »

If you like free, Tubi is also a nice one. Varied content and no paid subscriptions, it's all ad supported. My cousin told me about it and I've watched a few movies and ALF on it.

ALF?....from Melmac? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a looong time! The movie was good too if I recall.

Now where's that cat..I'm hungry! (<JUST KIDDING!!!!)

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: