Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448493 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2400 on: September 23, 2023, 01:47:19 AM »

Yeah, ALF. The show where the human cast hated playing second fiddle to a puppet who had the best lines.  Shocked It's still a funny show all these years later.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2401 on: September 24, 2023, 07:29:48 PM »

Yeah, ALF. The show where the human cast hated playing second fiddle to a puppet who had the best lines.  Shocked It's still a funny show all these years later.

Yep ALF is definitely a classic, and speaking of classics....I've been busy working on some "things"....I'll just leave these teasers here (but if anyone recognises them please don't spoil it by naming them in case anyone else doesn't recognise the outlines ok! Thanks)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2402 on: September 24, 2023, 10:38:25 PM »

I'm reasonably certain I recognize both. The bottom one is a slam dunk and I'm 99% sure on the top one.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2403 on: September 25, 2023, 01:34:30 AM »

I'm reasonably certain I recognize both. The bottom one is a slam dunk and I'm 99% sure on the top one.

Hi SFD, I figured you may recognise the bottom one but I think it would be inconceivable that you didn't work out the top picture too!  Roll Eyes

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2404 on: September 25, 2023, 11:19:32 AM »

Hi SFD, I figured you may recognise the bottom one but I think it would be inconceivable that you didn't work out the top picture too!  Roll Eyes

Actually, I recognized the top one first. I saw that movie in theaters and I own the 25th anniversary blu-ray. Then I looked at the bottom one and was like "duh."  Cheesy I may or may not have watched an episode of that show last night.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2405 on: September 25, 2023, 06:36:21 PM »

Yep ALF is definitely a classic, and speaking of classics....I've been busy working on some "things"....I'll just leave these teasers here (but if anyone recognises them please don't spoil it by naming them in case anyone else doesn't recognise the outlines ok! Thanks)

First one I'm ALMOST sure of (PM sent  Grin).

The second...you got me (something tickles the mind but nothing to elicit anything exact...)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2406 on: September 25, 2023, 07:00:35 PM »

First one I'm ALMOST sure of (PM sent  Grin).

The second...you got me (something tickles the mind but nothing to elicit anything exact...)

I read your answer and you were correct on picture one. And SFD thinks he's 99.9% sure of picture two (and I know he's an expert on the inspiration for the hilt so I think he knows  Roll Eyes) Sorry there aren't any prizes though!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2407 on: September 25, 2023, 11:37:46 PM »

Bottom one I have strong suspicions of top one not so sure....if they are what I think thought that's some pretty nifty work, but then that's exactly what we've come to expect spoiled as we are by For's designs and creativity!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2408 on: September 26, 2023, 03:01:48 AM »

And SFD thinks he's 99.9% sure of picture two (and I know he's an expert on the inspiration for the hilt so I think he knows  Roll Eyes)

Negative, I'm 1000% sure on that one, never had a doubt. I love that show, I've seen every single episode. I watched an episode last night.

It was the first one that I was only 99% on. Though, given your "inconceivable" comment, I'm certain that I was right. Wink

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2409 on: September 26, 2023, 04:03:18 PM »

I have to admit that this "game" is damned fun  Cheesy

Bottom one I have strong suspicions of top one not so sure....if they are what I think thought that's some pretty nifty work, but then that's exactly what we've come to expect spoiled as we are by For's designs and creativity!
Could NOT agree more!

Negative, I'm 1000% sure on that one, never had a doubt. I love that show, I've seen every single episode. I watched an episode last night.

It was the first one that I was only 99% on. Though, given your "inconceivable" comment, I'm certain that I was right. Wink
I agree: that show is fantastic.  Although I have to say that I much prefer Seasons 4+  I felt that the actors had become comfortable in the role and that the writers were able to really explore the pathos of the situations that developed.

...Although I have to admit to one particular thing in the final season that I just can't stand  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2410 on: September 26, 2023, 08:30:03 PM »

I have to admit that this "game" is damned fun  Cheesy

Hi Dutch, I'm so glad it has turned into such an entertaining way to pass the time!
I had intended to use these silhouettes as a way of teasing my upcoming projects ..but they seem to have taken on a life of their own.
Anyhoo, you PM'd me first with the correct answer as to the identity of hilt one so you have a sneak peek in your inbox! Hopefully it will look better than the silhouette!

And thanks everyone for the kind comments.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2411 on: September 30, 2023, 07:02:37 PM »

Hello Everybody

Well after the fun of "Game of Shadows of the Saber" we return to my regular posting schedule and we see the return of another "Trooper" saber....this time a Mando Trooper....

Again it's the little details and colour schemes that sells this one I think, hope you enjoy!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2412 on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:21 AM »

I like the colors.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2413 on: October 04, 2023, 12:24:13 AM »

I like the colors.

Hi SFD, sorry I neatly missed this comment...Thanks, glad you like this Mando scheme. I'll be honest though, I'm not sure how or why I added the orange trim under the  horns but because it is a complimentary colour on the spectrum it looked ok.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2414 on: October 08, 2023, 01:10:36 PM »

Hello Everybody,

A few posts back I paid tribute to Roger E Mosley aka TC from Magnum PI and I couldn't just stop at recreating his helicopter in saber form. Magnum himself had a famous iconic form of transport...that red Ferrari 308! So I figured why not recycled a Ferrari and make a saber? Here is that hilt...

I managed to create a sweeping handgrip, incorporated the hood grilles...the Prancing Horse emblem and even a Cross of Lorraine symbol on the activation switch. The Cross of Lorraine was the Platoon emblem belonging to the squad Magnum, Rick and TC served in during the Vietnam War.  All three characters wore a signet ring adorned with the Cross of Lorraine in gold and Onyx.
Anyhoo, thanks again for checking this design out and stay tuned as I still have more to come....

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: