Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448512 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2415 on: October 08, 2023, 01:14:59 PM »

I like the sleek Ferrari inspired lines and the red. Though, I've never seen Magnum P.I.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2416 on: October 09, 2023, 06:02:43 PM »

I like the sleek Ferrari inspired lines and the red. Though, I've never seen Magnum P.I.

Hi SFD, believe it or not but the base object for this saber is the same part I used for the TC Roger Mosley helicopter hilt - I just added the hood grilles ad rear window deck sections. I guess it helps that the chopper and car are both aerodynamic.

The original Magnum P.I. series is a good watch if you get chance to see it.
Thanks as always.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2417 on: October 09, 2023, 09:19:53 PM »

The original Magnum P.I. series is a good watch if you get chance to see it.
Thanks as always.

Well, it's a Glen A. Larson show, so I should definitely check it out. Plus, Tom Selleck starring in anything never hurts. I'm currently rewatching one of Larson's other notable shows, the original Battlestar Galactica. I also have Knight Rider on DVD, which is another of his famous shows.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2418 on: October 10, 2023, 12:46:28 AM »

Well, it's a Glen A. Larson show, so I should definitely check it out. Plus, Tom Selleck starring in anything never hurts. I'm currently rewatching one of Larson's other notable shows, the original Battlestar Galactica. I also have Knight Rider on DVD, which is another of his famous shows.

Hi there, Glen A. Larson WAS the tv schedule for me as a youngling. I recall watching Battlestar Galactica The Movie on a big screen movie projector at a local fete. I just fell in love with the Vipers, fight jackets and blasters. In fact I did a few designs based on BSG including one in tribute to Richard Hatch but I can't post those pics as I used that saber building app from the Other Guys. However WAY back in 2018 I did build a Knight Rider themed saber based on K.I.T.T. - the only problem was back then I didn't know how to light my models properly or add light bloom. But here is the picture again which I've brightened up a bit...

Hope you liked the nostalgia trip! (Man 2018?  Shocked)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2419 on: October 10, 2023, 03:24:26 AM »

I like the K.I.T.T. saber.

I actually recently bought Battlestar Galactica: The Movie on 4K Blu-Ray. Sure, it's essentially Saga of a Star World in its original format, before they added the scenes where Baltar is spared so he could become the villain of the series, but it's still fun to watch. Also, it's nice to see original BSG in widescreen and the picture is fantastic on the 4K transfer. I also picked up Galactica 1980, which I've never seen before, on DVD.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2420 on: October 12, 2023, 02:11:50 PM »

I like the K.I.T.T. saber.

I actually recently bought Battlestar Galactica: The Movie on 4K Blu-Ray. Sure, it's essentially Saga of a Star World in its original format, before they added the scenes where Baltar is spared so he could become the villain of the series, but it's still fun to watch. Also, it's nice to see original BSG in widescreen and the picture is fantastic on the 4K transfer. I also picked up Galactica 1980, which I've never seen before, on DVD.

Is Galactica 1980 the show set on Earth with the two Galactica warriors looking after a bunch of Boy Scouts (and they had the convertible flying motorcycles)?
I'd seen some poor reviews of that show but I thought it was ok for a break from the more serious timeline story.
(p.s. sorry late responding, I  had a family medical situation that needed attending to!)_

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2421 on: October 12, 2023, 02:56:06 PM »

Is Galactica 1980 the show set on Earth with the two Galactica warriors looking after a bunch of Boy Scouts (and they had the convertible flying motorcycles)?
I'd seen some poor reviews of that show but I thought it was ok for a break from the more serious timeline story.
(p.s. sorry late responding, I  had a family medical situation that needed attending to!)_

Probably. I haven't watched it yet, I'm still finishing my rewatch of the original series. It looks like Lorne Greene and Herbert Jefferson Jr. were the only two from the original show to reprise their roles for more than one episode. It's probably the only thing (video wise) that's official BSG that I've never seen. It's not that highly rated, but I'll give it a look. After all, it's only 10 episodes and the DVD set was cheap. It's not in the correct region, but I'll be playing it on my PS5, so no worries there.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2422 on: October 17, 2023, 04:59:13 PM »

Hello Everybody

Well after the fun of "Game of Shadows of the Saber" we return to my regular posting schedule and we see the return of another "Trooper" saber....this time a Mando Trooper....

Again it's the little details and colour schemes that sells this one I think, hope you enjoy!
I LOVE the details on this saber!!!  From the color scheme to the greebles to the open kyber crystal furnace, this is one B@D@$$ saber  Smiley

Hello Everybody,

A few posts back I paid tribute to Roger E Mosley aka TC from Magnum PI and I couldn't just stop at recreating his helicopter in saber form. Magnum himself had a famous iconic form of transport...that red Ferrari 308! So I figured why not recycled a Ferrari and make a saber? Here is that hilt...

I managed to create a sweeping handgrip, incorporated the hood grilles...the Prancing Horse emblem and even a Cross of Lorraine symbol on the activation switch. The Cross of Lorraine was the Platoon emblem belonging to the squad Magnum, Rick and TC served in during the Vietnam War.  All three characters wore a signet ring adorned with the Cross of Lorraine in gold and Onyx.
Anyhoo, thanks again for checking this design out and stay tuned as I still have more to come....
OMG talk about nostalgia!  Heh, as a kid, I loved Magnum PI: from the Ferrari to the mustache, I couldn't wait to grow up and be like him  Wink

VERY clean lines with this hilt, sleek...much like its inspiration  Wink  Kudos for the details: the instantly recognizable Prancing Horse to the Cross of Lorraine deep cut (nice!) and the ALWAYS classic color scheme, this is an awesome saber!

Hi there, Glen A. Larson WAS the tv schedule for me as a youngling. I recall watching Battlestar Galactica The Movie on a big screen movie projector at a local fete. I just fell in love with the Vipers, fight jackets and blasters. In fact I did a few designs based on BSG including one in tribute to Richard Hatch but I can't post those pics as I used that saber building app from the Other Guys. However WAY back in 2018 I did build a Knight Rider themed saber based on K.I.T.T. - the only problem was back then I didn't know how to light my models properly or add light bloom. But here is the picture again which I've brightened up a bit...

Hope you liked the nostalgia trip! (Man 2018?  Shocked)
Heh more 80s nostalgia.  By the Maker I'm old  Cheesy

The Vipers WERE/ARE cool!  I was glad to see them in the reimagined BSG.  But like ALL the kids amongst my friend group, we ALL wanted to drive K.I.T.T.

Well, now I want to wield the K.I.T.T. saber  Smiley  GREAT color scheme (something about the black, yellow, and red combo=aesthetically pleasing IMO).

WONDERFUL work, FT^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2423 on: October 17, 2023, 06:25:02 PM »

Hello Dutch,

So glad this latest batch of hilts triggered some nostalgia for you.
The K.I.T.T. saber is so old I didn't know how to add the light glow FX and I was terrible at lighting the model. The saber also featured the Knight Foundation knight/horse head chess piece as it's pommel decoration. One benefit of the textures I used was that you can just about make out the details - if I had used a fully glossy material you would struggle to see anything.

And I appreciate your kind words as always....but I just thought, if I ever got my hilts into production I think you'd probably be bankrupted many times over with all the ones you'd like to own Grin

EDIT: Oh and for both Dutch and Sci-Fi-Dude...I am working on some Battlestar Galactica themed hilts so stay tuned!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2424 on: October 17, 2023, 11:09:59 PM »

EDIT: Oh and for both Dutch and Sci-Fi-Dude...I am working on some Battlestar Galactica themed hilts so stay tuned!

Ooh, sounds exciting.  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2425 on: October 19, 2023, 06:43:09 PM »

Ooh, sounds exciting.  Grin

Hi SFD, well I hope my new projects are something of interest - I just have to learn how to light an object in a "space environment" - you know illumination from one light source (star/sun) etc.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2426 on: October 20, 2023, 03:44:04 AM »

Hi SFD, well I hope my new projects are something of interest - I just have to learn how to light an object in a "space environment" - you know illumination from one light source (star/sun) etc.

Well, not to toot my own horn or anything, but here's an example of how I like to light space scenes:

Here's a clearer look at the rendered result:

Note: I messed with some settings in post production, but you get the idea. Wink

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2427 on: October 20, 2023, 01:12:56 PM »

Hi SFD,

If my renders looked half as good as this I'd be firing up an orchestra to celebrate let alone a horn. I was going to ask you for a few pointers but you beat me to it with these screenshots so thanks very much. I can already see I am making the mistake of using the Sun option as the light source and not the Point light (in videos I'd seen on YT the creators used the Sun).

I'll try a few renders using these settings and hope they don't melt my laptop's shared graphics chip!
Thanks again.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2428 on: October 20, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »

Yeah, the "sun" option is best for ground scenes where you have the sun shining down. You can change the position and even the angle of the light to have shadows where you want them for the time of day. However, it's not an omnidirectional light. The only omnidirectional light that Blender has is the point light. Just be sure to increase the size if you're doing something on the scale of a space scene. That will look more natural and soften the shadows.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2429 on: October 20, 2023, 09:07:19 PM »

I'm late again but I like the Mando saber and the Battle Star Galatia saber! Points for sharing both.  I was just trying to think .....  Undecided weather or not you have you done a Buck Rogers saber? There's a through back for you.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: