Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453476 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2430 on: October 20, 2023, 09:39:31 PM »

I'm late again but I like the Mando saber and the Battle Star Galatia saber! Points for sharing both.  I was just trying to think .....  Undecided weather or not you have you done a Buck Rogers saber? There's a through back for you.

Hi MavRick I er, haven't posted my Battlestar Galactica stuff yet because SFD is helping me out with some Blender techniques/settings to make my finished images better . So far I have one saber and two new spaceships.
BUT..... I do have a pair of Buck Rogers themed hilts with matching display stand that I'm building now... so stay tuned!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2431 on: October 21, 2023, 03:08:02 PM »

Hi Everybody,

So I apologise for double posting but while I work on the Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers hilts I'd best show my next new design...and this is firmly rooted in Star Wars Visions....

I am slowly working through all my unpublished designs I have I promise, and I'm slowly working on recreating all nine hilts from 9th Jedi if I can. I just keep getting new ideas and suggestions for new stuff so I'm real busy.
Anyhoo, thanks for checking this one out.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2432 on: October 23, 2023, 12:47:30 AM »

I really like that design. I started watching Visions again last night. Such a good show. I started rewatching season 1 (except Tatooine Rhapsody, I couldn't bring myself to watch that one again) and then I'll watch season 2. I'll be on the lookout for that saber design. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2433 on: October 23, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »

Hi SFD,

I did this saber as a modelling exercise to see just how close I could get to the original but I had way too much fun with it. As a result I decided to try doing other hilts. You might remember the Margrave hilt too. I can't recall if I posted my Ronin katana yet or not...I'll check back through the thread and see.

Thanks as always.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2434 on: October 25, 2023, 05:54:36 PM »

Hi Everybody,

So I apologise for double posting but while I work on the Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers hilts I'd best show my next new design...and this is firmly rooted in Star Wars Visions....

I am slowly working through all my unpublished designs I have I promise, and I'm slowly working on recreating all nine hilts from 9th Jedi if I can. I just keep getting new ideas and suggestions for new stuff so I'm real busy.
Anyhoo, thanks for checking this one out.
I've been enjoying both seasons of "Visions" as well and I've got to say: many of the stories are enjoyable, others...not so much...

BUT, FT's renderings of Visions-inspired sabers ALWAYS deliver!  The white-and-gold color scheme is just classic here, the hilt simple but not simplistic.  Wonderful!

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2435 on: October 27, 2023, 09:50:15 PM »

I haven't seen the star wars visions but I do like this design. It looks like the ribbing would provide good grip. Point to you for sharing. MYTFBWY

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2436 on: October 28, 2023, 12:23:11 AM »

I've been enjoying both seasons of "Visions" as well and I've got to say: many of the stories are enjoyable, others...not so much...

BUT, FT's renderings of Visions-inspired sabers ALWAYS deliver!  The white-and-gold color scheme is just classic here, the hilt simple but not simplistic.  Wonderful!
I haven't seen the star wars visions but I do like this design. It looks like the ribbing would provide good grip. Point to you for sharing. MYTFBWY

Thanks guys glad you both liked "Zhima's Fifth" - when I watched the Ninth Jedi I just thought this hilt stood out and knew I wanted to model it.

And to MavRick, Visions is definitely worth a watch (or more viewings) as it brings neat Star Wars stories in a fresh way. But if you don't have Disney+ like me, there are websites that you can watch it on. If you want details I can PM you the site address ok!
Thanks again and points incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2437 on: November 05, 2023, 01:26:43 AM »

Hello Everybody,

It's been about a week or so since I last posted a design so I best offer up something a little different today. I have been going back through my old design ideas and "re-forging" some sabers I created using some old software and one in particular I really wanted to update to a bespoke Blender modelled design. Now earlier this year I was in New Zealand and I managed to visit a place named Te Henga or "Bethells Beach" and it was here that scenes for Xena Warrior Princess and The Lord of the Rings were filmed...as well as some fight scenes from The Power Rangers! Well I had created the Katana hilts for the Rangers so I really needed to make a weapon for Rita...so here is "Repulsor Staff"....

I decided that a staff would be appropriate and I stuck with Rita's black, green and gold colour scheme. I added a power crystal pommel on the base and tried to create some intricate metalwork on the struts connecting the blade.
Sadly due to the fact I visited Te Henga just 3 weeks after the devastating flooding of New Zealand I didn't get ON the beach as it was closed for safety...but I got fairly close!
Thanks for checking this staff out. Till next time...

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2438 on: November 05, 2023, 03:07:20 AM »

I like the staff. I especially like the way you attached the blade to the shaft.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2439 on: November 05, 2023, 07:33:36 PM »

I like the staff. I especially like the way you attached the blade to the shaft.

Hi SFD, thanks but it was a pretty simple trick...I used a Torus Knot from the mesh object presets and just sized it to form the support. I wanted something that looked oriental/snake-like.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2440 on: November 06, 2023, 02:46:13 AM »

Like the vivid colours very fitting for the over the top source material. The pommel really works well to make it seem like its weoght would be balanced.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2441 on: November 06, 2023, 03:11:42 AM »

Like the vivid colours very fitting for the over the top source material. The pommel really works well to make it seem like its weoght would be balanced.

Hi LSG, I was hoping this staff would be a balance between the original Rita Repulsa actress Machiko Soga who had a staff/wand with the crescent moon motif and Elizabeth Banks' version of Rita which was more green and more of a spinning Bo staff. Hopefully the pommel would offset and give balance for the blade but if it isn't quite heavy enough maybe the pommel (which has magic in of course) can create it's own gyroscopic energy field to counter the blade. Glad you liked it, it was again fun making something a bit different.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2442 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:41 AM »

Hi Everybody,

I guess it's time for me to share my next version of my  "Speedster" speederbike ...this one is the "Ronin"...

Hope you like the custom paint job and thanks for checking this one out. And I still have more sabers, ships and stuff to showcase so stay tuned,

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2443 on: November 30, 2023, 09:50:59 PM »

Hello Everybody,

I have something a little different again today. Whilst watching an episode of The Bad Batch I saw Tech using a device I thought "I'd like one of those and make it multi-functional" so I made one in Blender 3D. Here is my DataViewPad FTE....

And some folks may recall Detective Tan Divo use one of these during his murder investigations in the Senate Building during Clone Wars! Hope you enjoyed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2444 on: December 11, 2023, 08:07:13 PM »

Look who's adding to their repertoire.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: