Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 448568 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2475 on: January 22, 2024, 06:36:25 PM »

I couldn't place the blaster on the underbelly of the speeder as it has the "lift thrusters" there and the side mounted option put the weapon too close to the control pedals. So I put it central on the hood (making it operable from the seated position) but after a rethink I've rotated the blaster 60deg to the side and mirrored it so now you get TWO Z6s!
I'm hoping to post this speedster on my site this weekend and don't normally reveal renders before I publish but here's a sneak peek so you can see if you like the new armament arrangement.
p.s. I've "installed" a remote firing control on the handlebars so both weapons can be fired simultaneously or singly from the handlebars or manually from each blaster when needed. There is also an "Auto" firing mode that uses sensors mounted under each blaster that detects "Friend Or Foe" signals meaning you can keep the blaster firing but if another Sith vehicle is detected then it will cut out until another hostile is in target view...Ok the sneak peek...

Hope this interests you.

The twin guns give a more menacing appearance. It almost immediately reminded me of this beauty from the 90's:

On a more technical note, speeders of all shapes, sizes, and types are classified as repulsor craft. This means that their "flight" capability is not derived from normal aeronautics, but rather repulsor-lift technology. (Forgive me if I'm condescending.) Not entirely certain how repulsors stay powered considering that Anakin's pod was already floating before Qui-Gon gave him the power supply, considering that it seems that when they lose power they crash.....unless it's just something that no one pays attention to in the story telling and rely on "It works until I need it to fail in a fiery crash."

I hope I passed the test and that this meets your needs!
YES!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2476 on: January 23, 2024, 01:00:33 AM »

Hi Logos,

Glad this one appeals to you. I tried to recreate the SW equivalent of a custom Tricycle as I thought a Sith sat laid back in the seat cruisin' with the Z6s sorta had attitude.
I haven't seen that hover bike you posted though - it was scary how similar mine was to it....but getting onto the subject of Anakin's speeder...
In the UK there's an area in the north west (near Liverpool and Manchester) that was famous for floating automobiles. The amount of car car crime there was so bad that if you left your car parked unattended for 5 minutes when you came back your rims would have been stolen and your car would be propped up on beer crates!

Thanks as always!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2477 on: January 23, 2024, 06:22:11 PM »

Glad this one appeals to you. I tried to recreate the SW equivalent of a custom Tricycle as I thought a Sith sat laid back in the seat cruisin' with the Z6s sorta had attitude.
There's a little to be desired in the handle bars. Figured you took inspo from Mando and did more lean-forward on purpose. Unless the yolk extends.

I haven't seen that hover bike you posted though - it was scary how similar mine was to it....
Dunno if the greatness of Reboot ever made it to the UK, but I posted a pic of Megabyte's "motorcycle".

If you get the opportunity to watch....DO IT! Just don't watch S4. EVVVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is beyond horrible. Call it quits at S3.

but getting onto the subject of Anakin's speeder...
In the UK there's an area in the north west (near Liverpool and Manchester) that was famous for floating automobiles. The amount of car car crime there was so bad that if you left your car parked unattended for 5 minutes when you came back your rims would have been stolen and your car would be propped up on beer crates!

Thanks as always!
Not sure where Anakin's speeder comes into play, but your bad neighborhoods sound soft. I know there are areas in the States where 5min would be generous to wait before stealing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2478 on: February 09, 2024, 01:47:43 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while as I've been busy with family stuff but I thought you might like to see a new saber I actually managed to find time to design for my own character.

This one's kinda a mix of old and new (I'm old and the saber is new Grin).
Anyhoo I hope you like this one and that you are all doing well. Thanks for looking in.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2479 on: February 09, 2024, 03:09:01 PM »

Very elegant. I like it.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2480 on: February 09, 2024, 08:35:51 PM »

Very elegant. I like it.

Hi Logos, thanks very much. I had just watched a show about antiques and there were some Art Deco era items shown and I saw a table lamp that inspired me. The stem just screamed saber to me, and the socket to screw in the light bulb reminded me of a Graflex so I thought bingo!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2481 on: February 12, 2024, 09:40:04 PM »

Nicely done, can certainly see the art deco there, certainly a weapon for more civilized times. The glow effect at the emitter gives it a nice flash of extra colour for the green blade.

Hi Logos, thanks very much. I had just watched a show about antiques and there were some Art Deco era items shown and I saw a table lamp that inspired me. The stem just screamed saber to me, and the socket to screw in the light bulb reminded me of a Graflex so I thought bingo!

Inspiration from everywhere as always there For!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2482 on: February 13, 2024, 06:46:35 AM »

Nicely done, can certainly see the art deco there, certainly a weapon for more civilized times. The glow effect at the emitter gives it a nice flash of extra colour for the green blade.

Inspiration from everywhere as always there For!

Hi LSG great to hear from you, hope all is well with you. I have had to broaden my focus onto a lot more diverse things searching for inspiration while I wait for the chance to watch any of the new Disney SW content. I have managed to watch The Bad Batch and Visions/Jedi Tales but no live action stuff.
I'm a little disappointed with what I could show of the saber because the blade is animated, having a flame or warping effect flowing out the emitter but rendering the animation created a HUGE file that I couldn't upload!
Anyhoo, I'm glad you liked what I could showcase, thanks and chat soon I hope.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2483 on: February 13, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »

DANG IT! I had an idea for you to do that wasn't sabers and now I can't remember what it was. And it was a really good idea. I hate getting old.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2484 on: February 13, 2024, 10:18:37 PM »

DANG IT! I had an idea for you to do that wasn't sabers and now I can't remember what it was. And it was a really good idea. I hate getting old.

Hi Logos, I know that feeling all too well...but don't worry I find that if I don't try too hard to recall an idea then eventually it will pop back into my head. I know you're a Sith but Qui-Gon did say, "Quiet your mind and focus on the here and now where it belongs" just do that and I'm sure something will trigger your memory.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2485 on: February 13, 2024, 10:30:16 PM »

I haven't been on the forums much lately but I see that you have a new saber design. I like the simplicity of this one. Point to you for sharing.  MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2486 on: February 14, 2024, 01:25:11 AM »

I haven't been on the forums much lately but I see that you have a new saber design. I like the simplicity of this one. Point to you for sharing.  MTFBWY!

Hi MavRick, good to know you are still lurking and popping in now and then. I think most of the regulars have slowed down in the amount they post recently but I still see names I recognise now and then!

The saber though came as a surprise, I was just sat working on my computer and Mrs Tyeth was watching an antiques show and I caught a glimpse of a table lamp and the design stemmed from there. What's more amazing is how long it took me to take time and design a hilt for myself! Stay safe and chat soon.

points incoming.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2487 on: February 14, 2024, 03:20:04 PM »

Hi Logos, I know that feeling all too well...but don't worry I find that if I don't try too hard to recall an idea then eventually it will pop back into my head. I know you're a Sith but Qui-Gon did say, "Quiet your mind and focus on the here and now where it belongs" just do that and I'm sure something will trigger your memory.
HA! I have a feeling that mindset led to his death....Maul was 5 steps ahead.

I vaguely remember getting inspiration watching another artist use Blender software to draw and animate a chess pawn transforming into a queen once it reached the other side of the board.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2488 on: February 20, 2024, 02:51:53 PM »

Hi Everybody,

It's time for me to post another Blender build and this time it is a saber from Star Wars Visions. The hilt in question belongs to the cybernetic boy that had dreams of being a r"eal Jedi" - ToBi. Sadly he has a terrible experience where his enthusiasm and curiosity leads to the death of his father/creator. He later comes face to face with the person responsible for the killing and a battle ensues....this is the saber ToBi wielded...

I am slowly working my way through posting the backlog of designs I've built but the new series of The Bad Batch should be dropping soon so I may be busy again if I see anything that inspires me. Anyhoo thanks for taking time to check this saber out and I hope you liked it. Till next time....

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2489 on: February 21, 2024, 08:55:14 PM »

I don't know if this was my idea, but.......BLASTERS. Specifically the good ones (read "original"); the ones that were built from real-world guns. [I recently discovered one of the reasons they used real guns for the props was so they could fire blanks and give realistic recoil. Grin Grin Grin]

Mauser C96

Sterling SMG

Margolin .22 MTs

Luger P08

I'd love to see what you could do with real gun designs. New or old designs, doesn't matter.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: