Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 453545 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2490 on: February 21, 2024, 11:27:22 PM »

Hi Logos,

Well having modelled the Z6 Rotary recently I reckon I could look at doing some classic Blasters too. I have a few projects I need to finish first but I'll add these to my list of things to do, ok. Stay tuned.

(p.s. I can't recall if I've told it here but I have a funny story about the Sterling L2-A3 Stormtrooper gun  Roll Eyes)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2491 on: February 22, 2024, 06:21:44 PM »

Hi Logos,

Well having modelled the Z6 Rotary recently I reckon I could look at doing some classic Blasters too. I have a few projects I need to finish first but I'll add these to my list of things to do, ok. Stay tuned.

(p.s. I can't recall if I've told it here but I have a funny story about the Sterling L2-A3 Stormtrooper gun  Roll Eyes)

I am always ready to wait for quality art. no rush.

I ran a search, you haven't told the story.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2492 on: February 23, 2024, 07:41:46 PM »

I am always ready to wait for quality art. no rush.
I ran a search, you haven't told the story.

Hi there, ok get comfy and I'll begin....years ago when I was at high school and we were planning which subjects to study our school arranged for the UK armed forces roadshow to visit during their recruitment drive. The roadshow was a travelling display featuring the Army, Air and Naval forces' displays. Well I went and checked out the Army branch, and their display had a mobile target range (built into the back of a tractor trailer) and there was a table with examples of the weapons currently used by the UK army. On it there was the service pistol, a few (deactivated) grenades and....a Sterling L2A3! Although chained to the table, you could pick them up and take a closer look and as I was handling the Sterling I heard the cadet behind the table bragging about how he could field strip the guns and reassemble them blah, blah, blah....soo I decided to test him!
I field stripped the Sterling! Then I dropped the parts onto the table and you should have seen the cadet's face as he turned to see what the noise was and saw all the parts spread on his desk! His face went whiter than a sheet of paper. Then the fun began....his CO started to walk back over to the display and the cadet frantically tried to put the gun back together. He started by trying to thread the barrel THROUGH the recoil spring instead of feeding the spring through the end cap. He made every mistake you could think of....and the CO got closer and seemed to notice something wrong.
Luckily for him, me being the Jedi I am, I waited till the last moment before taking the parts off the cadet and reassembled it for him. Just as the CO got to the table I dropped the gun onto it. The CO looked at me stunned then turned to the cadet and asked, "Did he just?...." as I just walked off casually to try out the firing range....but that's another story.

This happened back around 1990. Just after that the UK Army stopped using the Sterling altogether and introduced the SA80 assault rifle (which apparently was awful). The next time I saw an L2A3 I was in New Zealand last year. Oh well happy memories!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2493 on: February 26, 2024, 03:18:23 PM »

Hi there, ok get comfy and I'll begin....years ago when I was at high school and we were planning which subjects to study our school arranged for the UK armed forces roadshow to visit during their recruitment drive. The roadshow was a travelling display featuring the Army, Air and Naval forces' displays. Well I went and checked out the Army branch, and their display had a mobile target range (built into the back of a tractor trailer) and there was a table with examples of the weapons currently used by the UK army. On it there was the service pistol, a few (deactivated) grenades and....a Sterling L2A3! Although chained to the table, you could pick them up and take a closer look and as I was handling the Sterling I heard the cadet behind the table bragging about how he could field strip the guns and reassemble them blah, blah, blah....soo I decided to test him!
I field stripped the Sterling! Then I dropped the parts onto the table and you should have seen the cadet's face as he turned to see what the noise was and saw all the parts spread on his desk! His face went whiter than a sheet of paper. Then the fun began....his CO started to walk back over to the display and the cadet frantically tried to put the gun back together. He started by trying to thread the barrel THROUGH the recoil spring instead of feeding the spring through the end cap. He made every mistake you could think of....and the CO got closer and seemed to notice something wrong.
Luckily for him, me being the Jedi I am, I waited till the last moment before taking the parts off the cadet and reassembled it for him. Just as the CO got to the table I dropped the gun onto it. The CO looked at me stunned then turned to the cadet and asked, "Did he just?...." as I just walked off casually to try out the firing range....but that's another story.

This happened back around 1990. Just after that the UK Army stopped using the Sterling altogether and introduced the SA80 assault rifle (which apparently was awful). The next time I saw an L2A3 I was in New Zealand last year. Oh well happy memories!
My question is now: Where did YOU learn how to field strip a L2A3?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2494 on: February 26, 2024, 05:13:44 PM »

My question is now: Where did YOU learn how to field strip a L2A3?

One of my relatives worked with the UK Territorial Army (the part time reservist army) as a driver and now and then he'd have to transport crates of armaments to the local base in town and when they made the delivery there'd be security checks  etc and crates would be opened up and examined. The soldiers would show off to my relative on how to strip the weapons (just like the cadet on the roadshow I mentioned) and he learnt how to dismantle quite a few weapons. My relative passed that knowledge onto me.  By the time the base shut and my relative stopped working there I'd learnt how to strip the 1911, Fn-FAL rifle, L2A3 and hand grenades!
However I never got to actually handle any weapons till that roadshow.
Believe it or not, but there was also a magazine publication that was released in the UK during the mid to late 80's titled "Combat and Survival". It was a monthly subscription magazine that you collected and it formed an encyclopedia. Well, it had a section dedicated to weapons maintenance and operation and in one issue was the Sterling so the instructions I'd been told were confirmed. The roadshow took place soon after and the rest is history!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2495 on: March 01, 2024, 01:38:05 PM »

Not as often but I'm still here. I like the saber that you did for Tobi. Point to you good sir. MTFBWY

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2496 on: March 01, 2024, 03:07:07 PM »

One of my relatives worked with the UK Territorial Army (the part time reservist army) as a driver and now and then he'd have to transport crates of armaments to the local base in town and when they made the delivery there'd be security checks  etc and crates would be opened up and examined. The soldiers would show off to my relative on how to strip the weapons (just like the cadet on the roadshow I mentioned) and he learnt how to dismantle quite a few weapons. My relative passed that knowledge onto me.  By the time the base shut and my relative stopped working there I'd learnt how to strip the 1911, Fn-FAL rifle, L2A3 and hand grenades!
However I never got to actually handle any weapons till that roadshow.
Believe it or not, but there was also a magazine publication that was released in the UK during the mid to late 80's titled "Combat and Survival". It was a monthly subscription magazine that you collected and it formed an encyclopedia. Well, it had a section dedicated to weapons maintenance and operation and in one issue was the Sterling so the instructions I'd been told were confirmed. The roadshow took place soon after and the rest is history!
Awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2497 on: March 01, 2024, 07:27:14 PM »

Not as often but I'm still here. I like the saber that you did for Tobi. Point to you good sir. MTFBWY

Hi MavRick, no worries my friend, I have cut down the amount of time I am online on the forum myself. I'm just glad you are well and still seem to be impressed with the stuff I have to show off.
Regards the saber, I am slowly working my way through recreating some of the hilts from Star Wars Visions.

Thanks and a point incoming.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2498 on: March 01, 2024, 07:29:38 PM »

Awesome.

I just wish I still had moments of fun like that but times have changed I guess.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2499 on: March 04, 2024, 03:07:39 PM »

I just wish I still had moments of fun like that but times have changed I guess.
Times change, yes, but that doesn't mean that the good times are gone. I haven't been to a con since 2019. But I got to go with my little girl this weekend. She had a blast, and the people at the con had a blast seeing her. Warmed my heart. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2500 on: March 05, 2024, 10:59:06 AM »

Times change, yes, but that doesn't mean that the good times are gone. I haven't been to a con since 2019. But I got to go with my little girl this weekend. She had a blast, and the people at the con had a blast seeing her. Warmed my heart. Grin

My last convention was back in 2022. The organisers altered the date of the show last year and it coincided with a trip I had to make to look after a relative so I couldn't attend. However I'm hoping The Phantom Menace will be shown in a cinema near me for the 25th anniversary as I want to go and watch it in full Jedi garb (yes I know, sorry to mention the J word  Cheesy).
I'm so happy that you are able to share and pass on your passion for Star Wars to your li'l apprentice....those are good moments!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2501 on: March 06, 2024, 06:34:21 PM »

My last convention was back in 2022. The organisers altered the date of the show last year and it coincided with a trip I had to make to look after a relative so I couldn't attend. However I'm hoping The Phantom Menace will be shown in a cinema near me for the 25th anniversary as I want to go and watch it in full Jedi garb (yes I know, sorry to mention the J word  Cheesy).
I'm so happy that you are able to share and pass on your passion for Star Wars to your li'l apprentice....those are good moments!
It's all good. Having people at the show to fight makes things....interesting. Don't know yet if I'll be going, but it would be nice to go in full regalia. It's hard to do though with a little and the accompanying pack of supplies.

Sig by For Tyeth

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2502 on: March 19, 2024, 12:19:43 AM »

Apologies Everyone for being absent for so long but I've been under the weather and my laptop has been having....ahem "issues". Darn microsoft updates have messed with the battery condition and settings of my machine (downloading and installing updates in the background which drain my battery and then I can't get accurate readings to how much juice is left in the cells). As a result my laptop suddenly shuts down saying I only have 5% or less so I have to save my work yada yada...yah.
Anyway as a treat I have this design to show you all inspired by my trip to New Zealand last year. This was the first landmark I got to explore (and have a meal in)...and it just happens to look a bit like a saber, see what you think of Skytower One....

The Skytower was phenomenal, the restaurant actually rotates 360degrees and as I was tucking into my Salmon fillet meal the views were spectacular....and I think New Zealand authorities must have known I was in town - they erected a lightsaber in my honour! Anyhoo, thanks for checking this one out.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #2503 on: March 19, 2024, 08:38:44 PM »

Very nicely done, building inspired sabers could be a whole new field for you to explore...The detail on the emitter is espeically good. So awful you keep having computer issues - one can only imagine what you'd be capable of doing if you actually had reliable tools to work with.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #2504 on: March 19, 2024, 08:47:28 PM »

Computer issues suck. Electronics are good when they work the way they are supposed to but when they don't it can be very frustrating!
 This is a really cool design. I like the details in the emitter on this one quite a bit. It looks very useable and comfortable. Point to you for sharing good Sir. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: