Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168]   Go Down
Author Topic: For Tyeth Blender 3D Concept Sabers  (Read 472410 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1564

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #2505 on: March 19, 2024, 09:50:34 PM »

Very nicely done, building inspired sabers could be a whole new field for you to explore...The detail on the emitter is espeically good. So awful you keep having computer issues - one can only imagine what you'd be capable of doing if you actually had reliable tools to work with.
Computer issues suck. Electronics are good when they work the way they are supposed to but when they don't it can be very frustrating!
 This is a really cool design. I like the details in the emitter on this one quite a bit. It looks very useable and comfortable. Point to you for sharing good Sir. MTFBWY!

Thanks guys, so glad you liked the emitter section on this hilt as I am pretty proud of how it turned out. I think it helped that I had been sat at one of the windows and the building's presence sorta rubbed off on me (the whole country had the same effect to be honest, just amazing).
And the tech troubles stem from being on a low income and I had to buy reconditioned laptops (one for me which crashed already and one for Mrs T). They were older and a bit lacking in the first place then on top of that microsoft keep trying to update Windows to Win11 even though the laptop can't run it....and I can't turn updates off, I can only delay them.
Oh well, I'll keep going as long as I can (hopefully I'll get a new machine sooner than later), but for now thanks so much for your comments cos they are really appreciated and keep me motivated.

points of gratitude incoming to you both.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2506 on: March 20, 2024, 02:14:07 PM »

Apologies Everyone for being absent for so long but I've been under the weather and my laptop has been having....ahem "issues". Darn microsoft updates have messed with the battery condition and settings of my machine (downloading and installing updates in the background which drain my battery and then I can't get accurate readings to how much juice is left in the cells). As a result my laptop suddenly shuts down saying I only have 5% or less so I have to save my work yada yada...yah.
Anyway as a treat I have this design to show you all inspired by my trip to New Zealand last year. This was the first landmark I got to explore (and have a meal in)...and it just happens to look a bit like a saber, see what you think of Skytower One....

The Skytower was phenomenal, the restaurant actually rotates 360degrees and as I was tucking into my Salmon fillet meal the views were spectacular....and I think New Zealand authorities must have known I was in town - they erected a lightsaber in my honour! Anyhoo, thanks for checking this one out.
That grip is.....interesting. It looks like it could be either extremely comfortable of a huge pain.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2507 on: May 04, 2024, 09:54:39 PM »

Hi everybody, after the slight technical hiccup the forum suffered I thought I would kick start my thread with a May The Fourth Be With You celebration photo.
I hope you all have a great day (I have, having just re-watched The Phantom Menace in my local cinema - I missed it in 1999) and have fun celebrating"

Oh, and I suppose for balance' sake I should wish a happy Revenge of the Fifth for tomorrow too!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2508 on: May 07, 2024, 08:31:27 PM »

Oh, and I suppose for balance' sake I should wish a happy Revenge of the Fifth for tomorrow too!

Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -840

« Reply #2509 on: May 08, 2024, 10:32:47 AM »

Hi everybody, after the slight technical hiccup the forum suffered I thought I would kick start my thread with a May The Fourth Be With You celebration photo.
I hope you all have a great day (I have, having just re-watched The Phantom Menace in my local cinema - I missed it in 1999) and have fun celebrating"

I can't help but notice that Vader seems a little dim next to you!
 I know who I  would bet on.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2510 on: June 08, 2024, 09:38:33 PM »

I can't help but notice that Vader seems a little dim next to you!
 I know who I  would bet on.

Hi Logos, sorry I haven't responded sooner but I hadn't been feeling too good and doing social media was low on my list of tasks....but I just saw your latest "What'ya Watching" post and thought you'd like this design....

And yes the handgrip is a rubberised sleeve so you don't rip your palms open using this hilt.
Finally.....my saber being a bit bright...er yes it is but I can't say much about it (due to something something Other Guys and me making a few "improvements")
However it was popular with the visitors of the comic con who wanted pics holding it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2511 on: June 10, 2024, 06:36:41 PM »

Hi Logos, sorry I haven't responded sooner but I hadn't been feeling too good and doing social media was low on my list of tasks....but I just saw your latest "What'ya Watching" post and thought you'd like this design....

Well duh. +1

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 430

« Reply #2512 on: June 11, 2024, 01:05:26 AM »

Slick looking saber there FT certainly lives up to its name, looks as potent for the user as the opponent!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2513 on: June 11, 2024, 04:04:49 AM »

Slick looking saber there FT certainly lives up to its name, looks as potent for the user as the opponent!
Well duh. +1
Thanks guys! Glad the hilt fits the bill. And to LSG (hi there!) this saber is probably more suited to an experienced user or a super powered super villain! But I did implement a rubberised texture on the grip after the suggestion from Logos for a previous hilt.

Cheers guys, points of appreciation incoming.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2514 on: June 11, 2024, 02:10:05 PM »

It's little things like that I pay attention to. Something about bad experience with the other guys. But also just studying the designs while watching the movies for a lifetime. Like Obi Wan's and Luke's sabers; it makes no sense to put a bulky activation box right in the middle of the lower half of the grip. Unless the box is supposed to separate your hands when two-handing...but then it throws off the balance when you single hand.

Sig by For Tyeth

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1109

« Reply #2515 on: Yesterday at 12:07:11 AM »

Hello Everybody,

I haven't posted in a while as I've been busy with family stuff but I thought you might like to see a new saber I actually managed to find time to design for my own character.

This one's kinda a mix of old and new (I'm old and the saber is new Grin).
Anyhoo I hope you like this one and that you are all doing well. Thanks for looking in.
This is a wonderful saber, FT!  THIS is the kind of saber that I could TOTALLY see hanging from the belts of Jedi during the High Republic!  Sleek, clean, simple (but not simplistic), truly an elegant weapon of a bygone era  Wink

Apologies Everyone for being absent for so long but I've been under the weather and my laptop has been having....ahem "issues". Darn microsoft updates have messed with the battery condition and settings of my machine (downloading and installing updates in the background which drain my battery and then I can't get accurate readings to how much juice is left in the cells). As a result my laptop suddenly shuts down saying I only have 5% or less so I have to save my work yada yada...yah.
Anyway as a treat I have this design to show you all inspired by my trip to New Zealand last year. This was the first landmark I got to explore (and have a meal in)...and it just happens to look a bit like a saber, see what you think of Skytower One....

The Skytower was phenomenal, the restaurant actually rotates 360degrees and as I was tucking into my Salmon fillet meal the views were spectacular....and I think New Zealand authorities must have known I was in town - they erected a lightsaber in my honour! Anyhoo, thanks for checking this one out.
Amazing interpretation, FT!  This really is an example of how "Form Meets Function" is done RIGHT  Smiley

Oh, and LOVE the "For Tyeth Travel" visuals  Cheesy

Looking good my friend!

W00T!  Happy (belated) May the FOURTH!!!

"When Qui-Gon Met Vadey..."  Cool

And yes the handgrip is a rubberised sleeve so you don't rip your palms open using this hilt.
Finally.....my saber being a bit bright...er yes it is but I can't say much about it (due to something something Other Guys and me making a few "improvements")
However it was popular with the visitors of the comic con who wanted pics holding it.
OK, AWESOME amalgamation of two of my favorites: Star Wars AND Venom  Grin

B-E-A-UTIFUL work (as always) sir!

WELL deserved Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #2516 on: Yesterday at 12:28:47 AM »

Hello Dutch!

Thanks so much for the kind words on my work over the past 6 months or so. It hit me that I had designed over probably 700, maybe 800 sabers (I've lost count actually) for other characters and people in the community but I hadn't done one for myself. Luckily one day I saw a nice old antique standard lamp and shade and I instantly saw it as a lightsaber and remodelled it as my own hilt. Glad you like it.

And I'm not sure if you were referring to me or the scenery when you mentioned "Lookin' good there!" but I gotta say New Zealand beat me hands down....it is a gorgeous country with great people (and food as served in the tower restaurant).
And I couldn't have a better welcome than a Lightsaber crane salute!

Thanks again and a point on it's way to you also.

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: