Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: OLD MAN THOR  (Read 1111 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 19, 2018, 06:57:56 PM »

I know this is strictly not a movie or tv show, but I'm not sure the forum has a comic book place. However, if we want to get technical, Thor is in the MCU. There. All sorted. Anyway...

Old man Thor breathes new life onto an almost dead Earth.

Logan is in the far reaches of the universe in possession of the Phoenix Force.

And Dr Doom is s the Sorcerer Supreme, Immortal Iron Fist, Starbrand, and Ghost Rider making him one of the deadliest adversaries the universe has ever seen!

All this in Thor issue no. 6

http://therealstanlee.com/how-old-man-thor-became-the-most-powerful-character-in-a-dying-marvel-universe/?fbclid=IwAR11lJtr-eNZLXsbRd2TUazHob4G5p0Rkf0Vo1AqZy1T9EFzAj5K2XGiEiY

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:55:40 PM »

OK that looks AMAZING!! I love the idea of a timeline where the universe is old and dying and Thor, Logan, and Doom are some of the few people left in the Universe. I'm just thinking that this could be the end of the MCU. everyone but Thor, Logan, and Doom is dead. if Marvel ever decides to end the MCU this would be one of the best ways to do it.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:01:23 PM »

It's funny you mention the MCU ending, as Screen Junkies just had a fan ask that very question:

1) Should the MCU have a definitive end?
2) How would you end the MCU?

I agree with you, GF, that this would be a good story to adapt to end the MCU. Almost in a Lost style flash forward. They could also add in Maestro Hulk as well.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »

It's funny you mention the MCU ending, as Screen Junkies just had a fan ask that very question:

1) Should the MCU have a definitive end?
2) How would you end the MCU?

I agree with you, GF, that this would be a good story to adapt to end the MCU. Almost in a Lost style flash forward. They could also add in Maestro Hulk as well.

Man I would love to see the average movie goer's reaction to Maestro.   I love Thor's three granddaughters.  The Thor comics have been kind of Lackluster of late so I hope this is good.  Doom is the main reason I want the FF to be brought into the MCU.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 08:28:59 PM »

Doom is the main reason I want the FF to be brought into the MCU.
Ditto. And Galactus, which could a good build-up to massive villain on a similar level to Thanos, but obviously s very different threat. As for Doom, combining Stark level genius with Dr Strange mysticism? Yes please.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »

Ditto. And Galactus, which could a good build-up too massive villain on a similar level to Thanos, but obviously s very different threat. As for Doom, combining Stark level genius with Dr Strange mysticism? Yes please.

One of the reasons Doom is so dangerous.  Unlike Stark he doesn't reject the notion that Mysticism is just that... not a new tech to be controlled, but a Force to be harnessed. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 08:54:59 PM »

Doom is the main reason I want the FF to be brought into the MCU.
Also, introducing FF and their rogues gallery into the MCU is a fairly straight forward process, unlike with the X-Men. But that's a conversation for another time.

One of the reasons Doom is so dangerous.  Unlike Stark he doesn't reject the notion that Mysticism is just that... not a new tech to be controlled, but a Force to be harnessed.  
I just hope they make Doom an actual credible scary threat once he's in the MCU. A Vulture/Killmonger level threat, but one who does not get killed off.

Man I would love to see the average movie goer's reaction to Maestro.  
I think doing a flash forward seeing older versions of the current heroes (Maestro, Old Man Thor etc) could make for an interesting MCU phase of movies. The Maestro in particular would blow the minds of casual movie goers.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:48:36 PM »

Part of the story line and art work reminds me of King Thor.   I'll pay close attention to it

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 01:30:15 AM »

For anyone who doesn't know, these are  Thor's Granddaughters

Apparently, they were toying with bringing in Thor and Storm's daughter from another dimension, but went with a version of Valkyrie similar to Tessa Thompson's version from Ragnarok.  The artist shared the Character design and it received a lot of positive praise.. we might see it added somewhere down the line

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: