Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Any chance of a “dark saber”being made  (Read 923 times)
MountieHoo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: October 19, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »

Ala the one from Star Wars Rebels that the mandalorians have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

I do not think Ultrasabers has one in the works seeing as they are a combat saber smith, and they make their sabers as durable as possible and the Darksaber blade is a design that would be impossible to make with what US uses for their blades. Some of the other guys offer Darksaber blades but they are made of acrylic and are nowhere near as strong as the standard mid/heavy grade blades Ultrasabers offers. And the hilt would be nearly impossible to build mainly because of its rectangular design, and it because would be very difficult to fit all the required parts (led, Batteries, soundboard) into that kind of frame because it is simply too narrow.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 08:18:31 PM »

Also US fundamentally limits themselves to MHS sizes, so a rectangular hilt would have to be really freaking huge. Like Fulcrum big, or bigger. It's sad because these days 1.25 isn't standard internal size, as most shoppes do something closer to one inch. When you go smaller you can do shrouds or different shapes such as the Darksaber or Ahsoka's Rebel's sabers w/o being huge.

TL;DR, No.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:57:47 PM »

You never know what's in the pipe from Ultrasabers. Though, I'll echo what Golden Fedora and lovetadraw said. Aside from the fine points they brought up, I think a Darksaber would be on the expensive side if they did make one, because the machining on it would be totally different than anything else they do. Most of their main machine work is done with a lathe, then they go in and add those fine details and whatever else needs to be done. Obviously, a rectangular hilt can't be turned on a lathe. To do it quickly and efficiently, they would likely have to use a milling machine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: