Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HOW TO INTRODUCE THE X-MEN INTO THE MCU  (Read 1144 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 19, 2018, 09:21:45 PM »

With the Disney acquisition of Fox increasingly likely to go through by mid-2019 and big Disney cheese Bob Iger confirming that the Fantastic Four and mutants will be part of the existing MCU. While introducing the FF into the MCU is fairly simple, the X-Men prove a harder challenge. This article puts forth a credible explanation as to how this can be achieved.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-mcu-break-marvel-continuity/

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 09:33:54 PM »

With the Disney acquisition of Fox increasingly likely to go through by mid-2019 and big Disney cheese Bob Iger confirming that the Fantastic Four and mutants will be part of the existing MCU. While introducing the FF into the MCU is fairly simple, the X-Men prove a harder challenge. This article puts forth a credible explanation as to how this can be achieved.

https://screenrant.com/x-men-mcu-break-marvel-continuity/

Most theories on how to introduce the X-Men have to do with the Infinity Stones...and they all make perfect sense.  The only issue I see is that ALL the mutants then will be "young".   Characters like Wolverine or Apocalypse would pose a different problem. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 09:42:10 PM »

Most theories on how to introduce the X-Men have to do with the Infinity Stones...and they all make perfect sense.  The only issue I see is that ALL the mutants then will be "young".   Characters like Wolverine or Apocalypse would pose a different problem. 
They addressed in the article about Xavier, Magneto (radiation from time in the military and being subject of secret Hydra experiments respectively) and Apocalypse (aliens/Celestials), but you're right, Wolverine does pose a problem.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:23:17 PM »

They addressed in the article about Xavier, Magneto (radiation from time in the military and being subject of secret Hydra experiments respectively) and Apocalypse (aliens/Celestials), but you're right, Wolverine does pose a problem.

Weapon X is easy to put in as many incarnations have it as an off shoot of the attempt to revive the Super Soldier program.  Hmm...perhaps I am mistaken but I don't think they ever revealed how the Tesseract got to Earth...have they?  Perhaps it somehow fell in Canada in the late 1800's near the home of a young man who just witnessed the murder of his father...

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:48 PM »

Weapon X is easy to put in as many incarnations have it as an off shoot of the attempt to revive the Super Soldier program.  Hmm...perhaps I am mistaken but I don't think they ever revealed how the Tesseract got to Earth...have they?  Perhaps it somehow fell in Canada in the late 1800's near the home of a young man who just witnessed the murder of his father...
Weapon X program is easy to explain. Mr Howlett coming into his powers in the 1800s: apart from the great opening sequence to Wolverine: Origins (the only good part of that whole movie), I don't think they ever referenced Logan's past that far back in the movies. While it's an interesting point that comic book fans know, it really isn't an essential part to who Logan is now. I do like your explanation of him maybe being affected by the tesseract. But how then did the tesseract end up in Germany during WW2?

This is why writers rooms are essential and necessary sometimes. To work out these logistical storytelling points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:47:18 PM »

Weapon X program is easy to explain. Mr Howlett coming into his powers in the 1800s: apart from the great opening sequence to Wolverine: Origins (the only good part of that whole movie), I don't think they ever referenced Logan's past that far back in the movies. While it's an interesting point that comic book fans know, it really isn't an essential part to who Logan is now. I do like your explanation of him maybe being affected by the tesseract. But how then did the tesseract end up in Germany during WW2?

This is why writers rooms are essential and necessary sometimes. To work out these logistical storytelling points.

Having it show up that far back can give a lot of wiggle room.  Hmm...lets see.

1800's Canada:

We see a boy in his room playing...suddenly Thunder and Lighting split the sky.  He runs to the window and sees a bolt hit the ground in the forest.  He sneaks out side and is met by his friend...Victor.   Flashes of light in the forest.  They make their way and a thunderous boom shakes the ground and a glowing object hits the ground near them.  Its the tesseract.  They both go near it and are bathed in its light.  As Victor grins Logan begins to look pale.  Logans father begins calling for them and they run back home.  Close up shot of the tesseract.  We hear footsteps and see a booted foot with the tip of a red cape visible, then a he picks up the object and we hear the thump thump of the hammer as Thor flies away.  Days later we see Logan, in bed sick.  The rest runs about like his origin always does.  Sees his father murdered, pops his claws etc. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 10:59:20 PM »

Having it show up that far back can give a lot of wiggle room.  Hmm...lets see.

1800's Canada:

We see a boy in his room playing...suddenly Thunder and Lighting split the sky.  He runs to the window and sees a bolt hit the ground in the forest.  He sneaks out side and is met by his friend...Victor.   Flashes of light in the forest.  They make their way and a thunderous boom shakes the ground and a glowing object hits the ground near them.  Its the tesseract.  They both go near it and are bathed in its light.  As Victor grins Logan begins to look pale.  Logans father begins calling for them and they run back home.  Close up shot of the tesseract.  We hear footsteps and see a booted foot with the tip of a red cape visible, then a he picks up the object and we hear the thump thump of the hammer as Thor flies away.  Days later we see Logan, in bed sick.  The rest runs about like his origin always does.  Sees his father murdered, pops his claws etc.  

Nicely done. Point.

Although humans have been shown to hold the tesseract already without any effects. So may need some latent DNA sciencey explanations, especially how he developed bone claws (heightened sense and healing factor are actually easier to explain).

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »

Nicely done. Point.

Although humans have been shown to hold the tesseract already without any effects. So may need some latent DNA sciencey explanations, especially how he developed bone claws (heightened sense and healing factor are actually easier to explain).

Just the latent X gene being kick started by the Infinity Stone.  If I remember Correctly the Mutant Gene came about because of Experiments by the Celestials and later the Kree...both of which of course are already set up in the MCU.   

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:23:36 PM »

Within the MCU, the Inhumans were created by the Kree, so the X-Men would either be Inhumans, or else they would have to say that a different batch of Kree were experimenting on humans as well or something. But yeah, I don't think it would be too hard to explain.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2018, 11:51:01 PM »

I agree with everyone and do think about Wolverine's intro into the MCU. Most of the other characters would be written in pretty easily though

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 01:02:58 AM »

Within the MCU, the Inhumans were created by the Kree, so the X-Men would either be Inhumans, or else they would have to say that a different batch of Kree were experimenting on humans as well or something. But yeah, I don't think it would be too hard to explain.

As far as I can understand, Mutants were the result of Experimentation on humans by the Celestials, while Inhumans come from the Kree experiments

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: