Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone Still Play SW: The Old Republic, Diablo III, DOOM, or Destiny 2....  (Read 2277 times)
jayryan84
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« on: October 20, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »

I used to eat, breathe, and sleep playing SW:TOR MMORPG on the PC. I started playing when it first came out up until around the time they made it Free2Play... after that I felt like they sort of watered it down, and despite paying a monthly fee, I sort of gave up and moved onto something else...

If anyone ever wants to play Diablo III please feel free to PM me, I am re-installing SWTOR to see where it puts me, I remember last time I took a break I had to switch servers and lost a lot of friends/clan-mates.

I have Battlefront II for PS4 which is a blast to play every now and then, lately I've just been playing D3, Destiny 2, DOOM Aracde/Snap Maps... I still have Dying Light and am really waiting for Dying Light 2. Mostly I've been too busy with work as of late and have been addicted to Clash of Clans for almost 4-5+ years now hehe.

I started my PC gaming a little later than my console gaming (NES around age 5, then of course SNES, Sega, PSX, and so forth now owning a PS4 and a really nice PC  Tongue ).... When I was about 11-12 I got into Quake II and played a lot of mods like Capture the Flag, Jailbreak, and a few others... eventually moving onto Quake III for years.

I always love meeting new folks that play games like this, I know everyone has their thing... as many of my friends here are back to playing WoW (which I refuse). I really loved SWTOR, the story-line was amazing, the online play was surreal at times especially PVP and the 8 player Raids.. but very time consuming. I am hoping to log into my SWTOR account at some point today to see where I left off.... this new addiction of mine (Saber Collecting) has really got me interested in hitting the SWTOR universe and exploring as it always felt like a home away from home roaming around the SW Galaxy heh Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:59:50 PM »

I loved Diablo III, but I don't have the game any more D: Otherwise I would totally play with you. You've inspired me to research into getting it again though. I loved all 3 Diablo games.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:07:44 PM »

I sporadically play SWTOR. I also started around launch, I think a couple months after in my case, and I was there when the game went F2P, I was still paying for it. But, then my install stopped updating and I tried reinstalling from my DVD, which didn't work. So, I got mad, I canceled my sub and stopped playing for the longest time. But, I come back to it from time to time, as a "preferred status" player. I don't pay a monthly fee for it. It was such a fun game in the really early days, I haven't liked it as much since they made leveling too fast, so that you can reach the end game content sooner. Roll Eyes I just wanted to play the game, not reach the end as quickly as possible.

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »

Yeah I used to play SWTOR a lot as well. What killed it for me is having so much new content that is single player only. I like being able to play by myself but nit being able to in an mmorpg kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Sitting here playing the same content as my wife separately sucks. On the other hand I play STO a lot and DDO. I would play WOW again but just have trouble with the monthly fee thing, I am cheap Smiley Anyway anybody wants to get together in any of those let me know.

jayryan84
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »

I've always been the "newb" or player who enjoyed as much single player action (story-line) as possible. What was good and bad was that some of the story-line in SWTOR (like the last battle vs the Emperor or whomever I honestly forget for the Jedi Knight story-line)... I had to group up with another Jedi Knight (since you can only go to your specific character role's Hangar for your ship), and it was cool you could "share" your ship aka basically give them a lift to whichever planet system. It was just an impossible boss for 1vs1, but 2vs1 we killed the boss in like 30 seconds.

I re-installed yesterday and ran around a bunch on Hoth randomly, besides losing a lot of my binds which made it difficult to battle (so many abilities and attacks I took forever learning and remembering sequences and attack combos.. I've just forgotten). The game still seems great, I did not see as many players on.. but it looks like they did a lot more story missions, I was end-game/max-level when I quit (around the F2P beginning), I also came back as a preferred-player and hacked around a bit, I was paying just so I could play PVP and Raids since they would limit you to like 3 PVP Multi-player games a day and limit you to only be able to do a few things each day/week.

My main character (Jayryan) still has it's PVP set of gear and my Raid set of gear... I haven't had the time to checkout all the new stuff they added, I am thinking about getting back into it for some of the new single-player story missions... I fell in love with SWTOR from the moment my friend's got me playing, I remember dominating Hutt-Ball and a few of the "Domination" PVP matches.. I know they added 1 or 2 new maps (there weren't many), but it was a blast running around in PVP matches or just PVE running around dual-wielding sabers on random planets killing whatever hehe...

I'll never have the time like I did when I was younger, especially my WoW days. I think I was the only one out of my friends to earn "The Explorer" title in WoW as I literally traveled and got an achievement for discovering EVERY area of the WoW map/world lol. I noticed SWTOR added something in which is similar, as I had visited Hoth and immediately started seeing similar achievement telling me I discovered "whatever area", areas I 100% went through years ago lol. I really like what they did with the Galaxy/Star Systems Map(s)... it looks a lot cleaner to find your systems/planets you want to travel to, I am sure they've added some new planets and added content to several as well.

My favorite planet was always Tatooine as it had a special PVP area and a lot of end-game areas to explore. I may hop in a little bit later today just to try and get my key binds down, I tend to enjoy hitting my buffs, then finding my enemies and using Force Leap to start it off, I just need to remember my strategies and combos... hard to explain I guess unless you've played, very much like WoW I suppose.. only Star Wars, so better (more interesting to me anyway).

Diablo III was probably the best investment ever, I think I got it for PC when it came out for $60'sh.. and after so many years it still has replay value, it's free, the game may cost like $30-40 now (not sure)... I was considering buying it for my PS4, but I prefer the PC version. The Seasons in Diablo III are pretty cool, you get rewarded with Set Gear for completing all the achievements for each Chapter. D3 always drops great gear for me and I generally just play single-player Bounty/Adventure Mode... I am hoping to shake the rust off in SWTOR and see if there are any good gear drops, but most were always limited to the higher end-game raids, and generally nothing good ever drops as they want you to spend $$ and buy from vendors, unlike Diablo III which did away with their real $$ Auction House years ago as Blizzard was getting upset that players were literally making lots of $$$ just farming and selling equipment.. heck I knew a kid who was making $300-500 a week selling gear on the D3 Auction House, he was really hurting for income when they shut the AH down  Grin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 10:48:59 PM »

I love the single player stuff in SWTOR. But, I prefer single player RPGs and would have rather had KOTOR III than that. When I first started, there were a few dozen servers and you'd sometimes be on a planet all by yourself. That was as close to single player as it got. Then they decided to go to less and less servers, trying to get people to play together. Of course, that doesn't work. People do their own thing. I really hate it when I'm playing by myself, just enjoying the game and story, when I'm fighting a group of enemies and some jerk has to come over and "help" me, like I need the help. This goes for any online games. Besides, that's pointless as you have to do a certain amount of damage in those games to get XP for a kill. So, that's what kills online games for me. Plus, you can be playing and lose Internet and the party gets cut short.

jayryan84
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 01:40:18 AM »

Cheesy lol right on. I tend to just roam around in Destiny 2 performing solo quests, I rarely venture into PVP besides Public Events... but what you said about folks trying to help cracks me up because I think the same thing in Destiny 2 when folks start following you around. It was a problem in WoW I can relate, folks would farm whatever you were mining in the same overcrowded areas... I do remember getting a bit pissy in SWTOR when farming, but I am having so much trouble re-adapting to the controls.. I literally need a full day/night.

Diablo 3 is great as you can simply play single player, and if you want to play with others you technically can tag along on open groups and you can get better experience and drops.. but some players catch on and /kick hehe.

DOOM just reminds me the most of Quake II/III, it's probably the best FPS to come out in awhile for any fans of the Doom series and Quake, RAGE was an utter disappointment (also developed by iD). Doom is a little different, I've sort of lost interest in PVP for most FPS and I haven't ventured past the Arcade mode besides doing a few Snap Maps.

You are 100% correct about KOTOR, I played a lot of Knights of the Old Republic (1) and it is probably one of the most underrated games ever. It was released in 2003 and I was huge on Quake 3 at that time. But yeah that game was amazing, so incredibly similar to SWTOR. I honestly never played KOTOR II, but I am guessing the graphics and engine were similar just with an extended story-line. Either way, playing as a Jedi Knight in SWTOR or KOTOR was always a blast as these were some of the first games I remember besides the Battlefront series where you got to see and more importantly play WITH a light saber! There was no way I was playing SWTOR as anything but a Jedi Knight... and it's still one of those games I can have some fun with jumping into and running around slashing random nonsense hehe.

The SWTOR galaxy is huge, travel can take time which is not fun. I must correct myself, the new map of the galaxy in SWTOR mimics the same map from The Force Awakens (the where to find Luke Skywalker map BB & R2 toss up). The last time I played SWTOR I remember the galaxy map being completely different, but I could be wrong. I also remember some of the space missions which were awesome, but unfortunately there were only a few and with very little replay value. As a matter of fact it honestly looked like some lost levels from the old PlayStation 1 game Rogue Squadron.. which was freaking awesome at the time and probably the first game you really got a chance to fly an X-Wing in. You had absolutely no freedom and had to run the levels the same routes pretty much like an NES game... same with the space missions in SWTOR.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 09:17:08 AM »

Personally, I preferred KOTOR and KOTOR II infinitely over SWTOR. I think my biggest issue with the MMO was when they tried to market it as KOTOR III and it’s just... not. Here’s to holding out hoping for a proper KOTOR III one day

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: