Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Launcher won't recognize Saber  (Read 2671 times)
argoths
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 20, 2018, 10:39:33 PM »

Hello, I'm new here and am having an issue getting my Obsidian v4 lightsaber to connect to the UltraSabers Obsidian v 2.45 Launcher (which i believe is the most recent one?)
I've downloaded the installer and set up the program, and have the correct mini usb cables. As per the instructional video, i open the launcher first, then power on the saber, and then plug said saber in. I can tell that my computer recognizes that something is plugged in (due to the usual Windows sounds); however, no change occurs in the launcher. Hitting the connect button returns the "Saber Disconnected, Autoconnect Enabled" message.
I've tried switching cables, varying plug in order, but nothing seems to work. There was a moment where a window popped up repeatedly for a few seconds, but now- nothing. Anyone have any further troubleshooting i can do? Thanks

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »

Which operating system are you using?

Also, turn on the saber, plug it in and then open the launcher. That's how it works when it works for me.

I have Windows 10 build 1803, which is why I asked what operating system you run. I have to continuously plug in, unplug it, replug it, etc. until I finally get it to connect without errors. It's a huge pain in the butt. It usually takes somewhere between 5 and 50 tries to get the Windows device manager to recognize the saber, because this is all dependent on a 12 year old driver that comes with Windows.

argoths
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 10:45:24 PM »

Which operating system are you using?

Regular windows 10, but i'm not sure what build.

However, (despite the fact that I tried this exact thing like four or five times and it didn't change anything), rebooting the saber while it was still plugged in is apparently what I needed to do  Roll Eyes I'm just glad I got it to work, and I'll remember to try that at least ten times in the future before posting lol

Thanks for the fast reply though!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 10:47:08 PM »

Hey, as long as you got it to work, that's all that matters. It's frustrating when you try it and it doesn't work. For the longest time, I didn't think mine worked at all, so I gave up after trying different ports. Then, one time I tried it and a freak occurrence happened and it connected on first try, so I knew it was possible. Thus began the plug it, unplug it thing.  Roll Eyes I've never even talked myself into changing fonts due to this, I just fixed my sensitivity settings so that breathing on it too hard doesn't trigger a swing and swinging it doesn't trigger a clash.

argoths
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 11:22:28 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I love my saber, but i wish i could get it to connect without having to turn things off and unplug/replug for ten minutes. Plus, as i just learned, it disconnects the saber when you change a bank, so now I need to get it to reconnect all over again  Roll Eyes I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: