Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: EVERYTHING GREAT ABOUT CHRONICLE  (Read 1780 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: October 21, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »

Who has always wanted to have superpowers? What would it actually be like to have superpowers in the real world? Let us examine the movie Chronicle that does a fantastic job of exploring exactly those points.

Full disclosure: I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!
      - It was made for only $12 million.
      - It introduced me to the wonder that is Michael B Jordan
      - It makes a great double bill with Unbreakable
      - It shows what a good film maker Josh Trank actually is, despite what happened with Fant4stic
      - It has an Akira style final battle.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHEGhQghPY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:26:14 PM »

I haven't seen this movie but meant to watch it.  Isn't this the one where teenagers find some type of substance that gave them powers? 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »

I haven't seen this movie but meant to watch it.  Isn't this the one where teenagers find some type of substance that gave them powers? 
Kind of. They're at a rave party and discover a crater containing....something (it's never explained what). The sequel was supposed to explore the origin of the "thing". This movie is more about them dealing with/messing around with their powers, as well as exploring does power corrupt and are people inherently good or evil. Brilliant film. Highly recommended.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 03:20:20 PM »

Max Landis gets flack sometimes and I don't always share his views...but he gets super heroes.  I got to wonder what he could have done with Suicide Squad

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 03:31:15 PM »

Kind of. They're at a rave party and discover a crater containing....something (it's never explained what). The sequel was supposed to explore the origin of the "thing". This movie is more about them dealing with/messing around with their powers, as well as exploring does power corrupt and are people inherently good or evil. Brilliant film. Highly recommended.

Will definitely add on my list of need to watch. Didn't know that there's a sequel for it coming out.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 06:24:12 PM »

Will definitely add on my list of need to watch. Didn't know that there's a sequel for it coming out.
Josh Trank and Max Landis had plans for a sequel. However, due to all the Fant4stic drama, it probably won't happen now. But then again, look how many years there was between Unbreakable and it's sequel, so never say never.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 06:28:22 PM »

Josh Trank and Max Landis had plans for a sequel. However, due to all the Fant4stic drama, it probably won't happen now. But then again, look how many years there was between Unbreakable and it's sequel, so never say never.

So true, I love sci-fi movies so I'll give it a go

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »

Max Landis gets flack sometimes and I don't always share his views...but he gets super heroes.  I got to wonder what he could have done with Suicide Squad
Sometimes he says some dumb stuff. Sometimes he comes across a little smug. However, he does have talent and I agree, he does get superheroes. I've heard he's currently working on a remake of An American Werewolf in London (which he dad directed). HUGE mistake. Leave it alone. One of the best horror movies of all time and still the BEST transformation from man to werewolf in cinematic history.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »

Sometimes he says some dumb stuff. Sometimes he comes across a little smug. However, he does have talent and I agree, he does get superheroes. I've heard he's currently working on a remake of An American Werewolf in London (which he dad directed). HUGE mistake. Leave it alone. One of the best horror movies of all time and still the BEST transformation from man to werewolf in cinematic history.

Wasn't there already a remake?   btw Have you read American Alien, max's take on Superman's origin.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 07:48:15 PM »

Wasn't there already a remake?   
There was an ill-fated sequel; An American Werewolf in Paris. Interesting story, during pre-production on the original film they were having trouble securing the required shooting permits and were 1 day away from moving the whole production to Paris and changing the name of the movie. Also, the scene on the moors when they first encounter the werewolf was actually shot on the grounds of Buckingham Palace.

btw Have you read American Alien, max's take on Superman's origin.
I read the first couple issues and liked what I read. Need to get the TPB so I can read the whole run.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2018, 07:54:35 PM »

There was an ill-fated sequel; An American Werewolf in Paris. Interesting story, during pre-production on the original film they were having trouble securing the required shooting permits and were 1 day away from moving the whole production to Paris and changing the name of the movie. Also, the scene on the moors when they first encounter the werewolf was actually shot on the grounds of Buckingham Palace.

I read the first couple issues and liked what I read. Need to get the TPB so I can read the whole run.

Drunk Superman.... that's all I'll say :p

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2018, 08:58:11 PM »

Looks like an interesting movie. I'll have to give it a go.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 09:04:55 PM »

Have you guys really never seen this movie?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You are in for a treat. Seriously, make it a top priority to be the next film you watch. I'm sure you should be able to find it streaming somewhere. Or buy it on dvd or bluray. You. Will. Not. Be. Disappointed.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 10:44:17 PM »

I'll take your word for it. I may be able to convince my dad to watch it with me on Saturday.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 01:12:14 AM »

Have you guys really never seen this movie?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You are in for a treat. Seriously, make it a top priority to be the next film you watch. I'm sure you should be able to find it streaming somewhere. Or buy it on dvd or bluray. You. Will. Not. Be. Disappointed.

No lie, I haven’t seen it and you have yet to steer me wrong, Knox. I’ll try to give it a go sometime this week or the weekend.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: