Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LED Issue  (Read 1005 times)
Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« on: October 22, 2018, 02:47:15 AM »

So I've started having an issue with my Electrum Wind (Sentinel Yellow). I was teaching my boyfriend when I noticed the blade started to look a little orangeish and was flickering. I thought it seemed strange, but we continued and then the colored lights went out completely. Flash on clash to silver was still working, same with sound, but the colored lights in the blade went out completely (AV switch color is fine). I turned it off and then back on and the color of the blade came back for a while (still orangish) but then flickered and went out again. Not sure what the issue is, other than it's specifically the colored LEDs to the blade. My boyfriend tends to be too aggressive with his movements, so I'm wondering if it was caused by excessive trauma on impact (only thing that made contact was heavy grade blades--hilt was never hit).

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 04:05:41 AM »

Flash on clash colour, lit AV and sound still work, but the main LED colour does not?

Sounds like a loose wire that's connected to the main LED colour.  Heavy impacts can jostle wires loose from their connection, which isn't unusual at all ... but it can feel unnerving when you're not used to it.

To find out if this is the issue for sure, you'll need to slide out the LED module and unscrew the housing.  You'll be able to see the wires connected to the LED pad and if I'm right, one of those wires will have come off the pad.  

From there it's a matter of soldering the connections back together and you're good to go back to heavy duelling.  These LED's can handle it, so don't stop having all that fun with your saber  Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 10:42:12 AM »

Haz may be correct, I'm afraid.

If you do get that far, Lady Revan, and need more assistance, put up a pic or two, if you can.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:51:16 AM »

How long have you had it? If it's less than a year, it's still under warranty.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »

It does sound like a wire came loose while you were dueling just as hazard has mentioned.  If you have some background in electronics and soldering, it's pretty easy to tackle, hazard's instructions are completely on point but just as SFD has mentioned, if it's less than a year, it's still under warranty and in that case, contact UltraSabers. 

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »

It's still under warranty, so I'll just contact them and send it in... but he still needs to calm down lol. I have been trying to teach myself enough of mechanics to build my own saber from scratch and do repairs, but that's still a while off.

I was teaching him choreography rather than full contact, but he gets too into it and doesn't realize his own strength. -_-' I'm 5' tall, barely 100 lbs, and was working one handed with my less-dominant hand to strengthen my dual wielding. So someone more than twice my weight going at it with more aggressiveness than they should is a lot. I'm honestly surprised I didn't drop the hilt with impact.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 11:08:05 PM »

Unfortunately, these things can happen. While the sabers can take a lot of abuse, solder joins can pop. But, if he's that intense, calming down is a good idea. That's good that it's still under warranty. Might as well let them handle it. Cool

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 12:02:46 AM »

I have noticed things like these in my other sabers, but a lot of the time it's just the batteries. But seeing as FoC and sound still work it is probably the wires that all the above posters mentioned.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: