Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: New Font “Son of Darkness” Release, Overview and Tutorial  (Read 12742 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: October 23, 2018, 02:00:51 AM »

My new saber font “SON OF DARKNESS” is now available for download!

This is not only a collection of sounds, but also a complete collection of synchronized LED effect files. In total, there are over 400 files… including 170 sound files in both WAV and LSU formats, 61 UltraSabers Launcher Effect files in both RGBA and RGBW formats and finally; 1 complete, full font file in both RGBA and RGBW formats.

Download everything at the following link:

http://darkpath.media/sonofdarkness

This saber font package was designed to provide you with maximum flexibility and customization options. Because of the sheer volume of files included, I took a little extra time to produce an overview and tutorial video to help you install the font on your own saber, and help you get every possible enjoyment out of it.

The video is embedded below for your convenience, and a YouTube link is also provided for those who cannot view the video within the forum:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Al_T2m_SU&amp;t=452s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

YouTube Link (for those who cannot view videos embedded here in the forum):
https://youtu.be/_2Al_T2m_SU

Video Link (Sound Overview Video):
"Son of Darkness" Kylo Ren Inspired Lightsaber Sound Font
https://youtu.be/uw-cy3LdXDU

Video Link (Renegade Video):
Ultrasabers Renegade Quick Look
https://youtu.be/bxo3TCL-d7o

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:06:30 AM »

Here is the chapter index for the Overview and Tutorial video:

Chapter Index:

00:00 INTRODUCTION
00:36 Font Collection Overview
01:15 Video Content Overview

02:01 REFERENCE VIDEOS
02:02 Son of Darkness Sound Font Video
03:00 Son of Darkness Renegade Video

04:06 FILE DOWNLOAD OVERVIEW
04:15 Saberforum.Com
04:44 DropBox
04:48 DropBox Contents
05:30 RGBA vs RGBW (Part 1)
05:53 Renegade (UltraSabers.Com)
06:11 Consular (UltraSabers.Com)
06:39 RGBA Not Recommended?
07:04 RGBW Description
07:20 RGBA Description
08:08 Download the Correct File for Your Setup
09:30 Download Instructions

10:20 SON OF DARKNESS FONT AND EFFECTS SHOWCASE

10:43 Load Son of Darkness Font File on Your Saber

12:00 Son of Darkness Default Effects Overview
          Tag/Boot, Power-On, Power-Off, Hum/Idle, Swings,
          Impacts/Clashes, Spins, Stabs, Force, Lockup,
          and Gestures (Combos)

12:12 Split View (RGBA Renegade and RGBW Consular)

22:31 Son of Darkness Additional Effects Overview (Part 1)
          Tags/Boots (2), Power-Ons (7), Power-Offs (4), Forces
          (12), Lockups (5), and Gestures (Combos (16)

38:51 Son of Darkness Additional Effects Overview (Part 2)
          Gestures (Extended Sequences 8 )

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »

Thank you again for the sound fonts, DPM and for the great video on the breakdown of fonts, how to order, and configure them into our set ups.  Point incoming for the professional video and the great work on the sound fonts.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »

Thank you again for the sound fonts, DPM and for the great video on the breakdown of fonts, how to order, and configure them into our set ups.  Point incoming for the professional video and the great work on the sound fonts.
Thank you very much Infinit01  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »

Thank you very much Infinit01  Smiley

You're welcome and thank you for being so generous.  Love your work!

Side note: your guitar skills and background music are always killer!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 03:28:00 PM »

You're welcome and thank you for being so generous.  Love your work!
You're welcome Smiley From what I've witnessed, generosity is the spirit of the forum, so I'll do my part.

Side note: your guitar skills and background music are always killer!
Lol, thanks. I can't do a voiceover without at least some music in there. It just seems too dry.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 03:25:35 AM »

This is absolutely brilliant, slick, clean and informative - I've just loaded up the Son of Darkness to my Emperors Hand Diamond (RGBW) and it Looks and sounds amazing! This stuff is above and beyond, no amount of points can do justice to such a great package, the Sequences especially are brilliant for anyone who wants a Kylo Sabre this is the place!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2018, 07:49:23 PM »

This is absolutely brilliant, slick, clean and informative - I've just loaded up the Son of Darkness to my Emperors Hand Diamond (RGBW) and it Looks and sounds amazing! This stuff is above and beyond, no amount of points can do justice to such a great package, the Sequences especially are brilliant for anyone who wants a Kylo Sabre this is the place!
Wow, very nice of you to say, Lord_S_Gray; thank you very much Smiley I appreciate it.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the tutorial and the font collection itself. The Emperor's Hand is an awesome hilt; I'm glad that Son of Darkness compliments it Smiley

I'll be dropping a new font fairly soon, and will be posting a feature video of all the sounds; probably later today / tonight. I'd love to have your feedback!

Thanks again Lord_S_Gray!

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 10:16:38 PM »

It's been months since I've been on the saberforum, this is the first font/post of yours that I've seen and I'm very impressed with the level of detail and volume of content with this font, as well as in the tutorial. I'm glad there are other attentive-to-detail font makers on here since I've left.

I might try out this font on my...non-Obsidian, monophonic "big-name company" soundboard. I see your file naming convention is rather familiar...

Good work with your font(s).

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 07:53:47 PM »

It's been months since I've been on the saberforum, this is the first font/post of yours that I've seen and I'm very impressed with the level of detail and volume of content with this font, as well as in the tutorial. I'm glad there are other attentive-to-detail font makers on here since I've left.

I might try out this font on my...non-Obsidian, monophonic "big-name company" soundboard. I see your file naming convention is rather familiar...

Good work with your font(s).
Thank you kindly, projectno253. It's my first font offering, but I've been editing audio for just over 20 years. Being familiar with editing and having all of the software I could need; I figured I could do it Smiley

It's funny that you mention "The Other Guys" in terms of using these sounds. My motivation to create "Son of Darkness" came from searching for a good Kylo Ren font from other sources, downloading one, not liking it much, and... trying to make my own. Some of the file name familiarity certainly comes from that, in terms of the "Blaster" effects, "Combos", etc.

Of course, later on; I found that there were some good Kylo Ren fonts available right here on the forum Lol. Well, here's another one.

Thanks again Smiley

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 11:06:48 PM »

Link not working!  Sad

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2018, 12:47:38 AM »

Link not working!  Sad
Hey BatMike90, just checked the link and it worked for me; not signed into DropBox. What is the link doing for you; are you getting an error message?

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2018, 04:09:54 AM »

Hey BatMike90, just checked the link and it worked for me; not signed into DropBox. What is the link doing for you; are you getting an error message?

I am getting an error message.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2018, 04:17:49 AM »

I am getting an error message.

Try this one BatMike90:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rug3bnv72wcrfjs/AADIC5otFWyxRfCCCun6N8UBa?dl=0

The link is working for me and I'm not showing any errors, but it is a sort of "vanity" link that is facilitated via my "dark path.media" domain and points to the DropBox link. Perhaps your settings don't like that or something? Not sure. The link above is a direct link  Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2018, 12:17:36 PM »

I'd also check your browser, BatMike.  Chrome works best in most sites unlike Internet Explorer

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: