Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: will D-rings ever become an option on an ultrasabers hilt?  (Read 1723 times)
Mandalorian4life
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -2

« on: October 23, 2018, 03:41:55 AM »

hey I have a quick question for everyone on the forum and the ultrasabers team as well. one of the things I've always been wondering in the back of my mind is if there will be any consideration to add more options for hanging your hilt onto your belt. I've never been a big fan of the covertec system, and have always liked the original trilogy method of taking a D-ring and attaching it to your hilt. some might not like the D-ring setup, but I know I love it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. any chance this could become possible on ultrasabers hilts? I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to have it as an option for some who don't like covertec knobs

hearing from the Ultrasabers team and the forum for feedback would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 03:55:20 AM »

Possibly. Would look nice especially on the Graflex and Chosen One sabers =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 06:10:26 AM »

I know that there are a couple of sabers (I believe the spectre is one of them) that do have an option for a D-ring. Not sure which others, but I'm sure if it's available on one, there must be a couple others with the option as well.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »

The Archon v3 pommel comes with a D-ring.  One could also purchase an Archon/Arbiter pommel and request the ring.  Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:38:52 AM »

Yeah only a couple sabers have the option. I think the biggest problem is just figuring out where to install them on sound sabers.

Just a heads up, TCSS has a few D Ring options you can use to add to your sabers. I for one love D Rings and have added a few to mine.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »

I believe that many of the Luke/Vader hilts have D-rings and a few others mentioned above have them as well.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »

Graflex and Chosen one via UltraSabers come standard with covertec clips, not d-rings. I just ordered 10 D-rings to see about modding some of my initiate hilts. Drilling and tapping threaded holes for mounting the d-rings is not difficult, but once you do that you're committed.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:11 AM »

I think sabers that come with D-rings depends on the model.  The base sabers like the Aeon/Initiate/Dominix and Apprentice/Sentinel sabers won't come with them but the likes of the Graflex and the Chosen One come with one.  Worse case, just like a few of the members who have mentioned, buying a pommel with one or buying a D-ring from TCSS to drill and tap the D-ring into the pommel would be another option.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: