Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Savior in Sentinel Yellow (AKA, Ultrasabers does it again)  (Read 14171 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: October 23, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »

THE SAVIOR

What's up, everyone? This is going to be my review of one of Ultrasabers' newest releases, The Savior. The title of this review is: Ultrasbers Does It Again! WOW!

Now, for people who don't know, I'm into video games. If I had to pick one game above all that is my absolute favorite, it would have to be Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. No, it's not just my favorite Star Wars game, it's my favorite game period. The sequel is good too. For a long time I've wanted to get a saber inspired from that game and from its protagonist, Revan.

Revan was a Jedi who lived approximately 4,000 years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. When he was a young Jedi, the Mandalorians invaded the Republic. Embroiled in a war, the Republic turned to the Jedi Council for help in the war, but the Jedi refused. They sensed a growing darkness that would come to pass if the Jedi went to war. However, a group of young Jedi led by Revan defied the Jedi Council and went to war anyway. Headed by Revan, the Republic forces defeated the Mandalorians and the war ended when Revan killed Mandalore himself on Malchore V. However, instead of returning to the Republic, the bulk of Revan's fleet headed out into unknown space, only to return a couple years later as a new Sith force, led by Revan, who had crowned himself the Dark Lord. The Sith led by Revan declared war on the Republic and the Jedi. A group of Jedi boarded Revan's ship to kill him, but Revan's own apprentice, another promising young Jedi and Revan's friend, named Malak, turned on him and fired on his ship. Revan was believed to be dead, but was in fact captured by the Jedi. The Jedi wiped his mind and reprogrammed him with a new identity, that of a soldier loyal to the Republic. The reborn Revan once again became a Jedi, but this time instead of becoming the Dark Lord, he defeated his former friend and apprentice Malak and restored peace to the Galaxy. That's Knights of the Old Republic, the first game.

Now, you have choices in the game. Aside from being male or female, you can decide if you want to defeat Malak to restore peace, or to take your former position back as the Dark Lord. It's a really fun RPG with lots of different variations, including different abilities and Jedi powers, plus lots of replay value as you can do different things. I first played the game in 2004, and it changed my life. I hadn't really played any RPGs before, now it's a favorite genre of mine. I've played the game through multiple times since, including on the XBOX and on the PC. I also have the game for my Kindle tablet. It's a fantastic game.

The Savior is based on the main lightsabers from the game. Being a huge game from 2004, there are only three lightsaber types, Lightsaber, Short Lightsaber (where shoto lightsabers originated) and Double Bladed Lightsaber. The main lightsaber is the one the Savior is modeled after. It's also commonly referred to as Revan's first lightsaber, the one he built as a Padawan and carried throughout the Mandalorian War and as the Dark Lord. Canonically, it had a blue and then a red blade. Using retroactive continuity the game Star Wars: The Old Republic established that Revan's second lightsaber, the one you actually build in the game, had a different design, and that's the Butcher, the other new release. I don't have that one. I bought the Savior, because it looks like the KOTOR sabers.

I ordered my Savior as a stunt to save money, I'll add sound to it later. I got it in Sentinel Yellow, because I love playing as a Jedi Sentinel in KOTOR. By the way, that game is where the terms Guardian Blue, Consular Green and Sentinel Yellow came from. The game divides Jedi into three classes based on abilities, and they're the Jedi Guardians, Consulars and Sentinels. Guardians focus more on martial might, becoming more skillful saber users. Consulars focus more on Force abilities, having unrivaled Force powers. Sentinels focus on other skills, such as computer use, security systems, etc, and are kind of balanced between Guardians and Consulars in terms of saber and Force use. The Sentinels are my favorite and Yellow is the color of the Jedi Sentinel. Though, I've played all three classes, of course.

The Savior is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. It's right about 13 and 1/8 inches long, and the usual 1.45 inches or so at the main grip areas. There's nothing sharp or uncomfortable on this saber, it's all smooth. Even the little greeblie screw is rounded and not bad, though I don't duel. I have spun it some and that screw isn't in the way or anything. It's not a really heavy hilt, it's lighter than some of the heavier Ultrasabers I have, such as the Emperor's Hand, Electrum Wind, Lost Gray and Guardian. I'd say it's closer to the weight of my Shock and Consular. I got mine with a 32" midgrade blade, because that's my favorite blade, and it's well balanced. The balance point is right on the section that sticks out on the back of the emitter, forward of what I consider to be the main hand grip. There's plenty of real estate for a second hand between the switch section and Covertec. I got mine with gold anodizing and no windows.

And now, a photo bomb:

The presale blade plug it came with:

The pommel vents:

And, the full saber lit up in all its glory:

To me, this saber is a 20 out of 10. I'm so glad Ultrasabers decided to release this design and did it so beautifully. As you can see, the blade plug from the presale is just like the Circle plug that US sells, only gold. I like it, it looks great in the saber. Anyway, that's my review. If people would like, I'll do a video later in the week.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »

great job SFD, very detailed and elaborate. I'm glad you like the Savior. your review may have convinced me to get one.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »

Wow!  Just as always, I love your introduction into how and why you ordered the saber and it's real canon history (not Disney canon).  I've never dabbled into the KOTOR games since I'm not really into RPGs since I like being able to fight all over an area versus just standing there an trade blows along with "special abilities" but that's just me. I may just give it a try though.

Digressing.  The Savior is a beautiful saber and you ordered the color I'd get, in Gold anodized accents which are so pleasing.   The SY blade is a nice touch as well and the blade plug is just a bonus!  This saber is definitely next on my list to buy.  Point incoming.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »

Great pictures and review!  Do you think you could post a picture next to say an aeon or dominix for an idea of scale?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »

Yes please, also, can you do a side by side picture of the Savior and the Shock?

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 04:05:50 PM »

Sweet SFD, I love it, especially in the gold setup. It seems a little more functional than the Butcher. I think I would want it in PO w/silver flash. Great review, so we can live vicariously through you.
Thanks, Point

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 04:20:30 PM »

Definitely want one more now for sure Tongue Looks good with a yellow blade I think

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »

Beautiful saber, SFD. The more I see of SY, the more and more I like it, and I'm glad I have one on the way.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2018, 08:00:40 PM »

Nice  Cool

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2018, 09:46:57 PM »

Dude! What the hell!!! You totally snuck this one in on me!!! I can’t believe how cool that is!!!! It’s so cool I can’t stop using exclamation points!!!!!!!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »

Thanks a lot, everyone. The Savior is fantastic, I recommend everyone thinking about it get one. Smiley

Scale picture with the Aeon LE V4 and Shock:

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:05 PM »

Thank you for the side by side with the Aeon and the Shock, SFD.  I plan on picking up a Shock and Savior in the future and this gives me a great idea as far as size is concerned. Point incoming

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »

Nice review/pics/color choice. Point for rocking some sweet yellow

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2018, 12:53:36 AM »

Sweet write up,great saber. I love the yellow. Gold blade plug looks cool too. I’m a fan of the shock, and the savior it has a similar design in some aspects, while looking quite different in other ways. It’s a really great job by US Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2018, 12:58:51 AM »

Sweet write up,great saber. I love the yellow. Gold blade plug looks cool too. I’m a fan of the shock, and thos has a similar design in some aspects, while looking quite different in other ways. It’s a really great job by US Smiley

Agreed, the Savior and the Shock are two sabers on top of my list to own.  Love their designs and the differences between the two

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: