Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
Author Topic: Revan Armor Project  (Read 50908 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #120 on: November 17, 2018, 01:34:19 AM »

I might look into getting some armor of sorts to go with my outfit, like my light sabers got to make it more me.

An armor for your Jedi Kazuto character. I say some shoulder pads, arm guards, shin guards to start with.  Maybe find a Dark Trooper's chest piece and use that or paint a Storm Trooper's chest piece black and then paint something on the chest armor that reflects Kazuto

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #121 on: November 17, 2018, 01:50:41 AM »

I might look into getting some armor of sorts to go with my outfit, like my light sabers got to make it more me.

Just know that when you have the breastplate on (if you go that route), single two handed wielding becomes more difficult because of how close you can bring your arm across your body. Dual wielding or single handed is almost easier I noticed wearing it....

That being said, I just realized I need to edit something in the chapter I’m currently working on if my fanfic. I forgot she’s wearing the armor now.... unless I specify she’s not wearing it, which could also work in context. Hmmm....

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #122 on: November 17, 2018, 01:53:40 AM »

Just know that when you have the breastplate on (if you go that route), single two handed wielding becomes more difficult because of how close you can bring your arm across your body. Dual wielding or single handed is almost easier I noticed wearing it....

That being said, I just realized I need to edit something in the chapter I’m currently working on if my fanfic. I forgot she’s wearing the armor now.... unless I specify she’s not wearing it, which could also work in context. Hmmm....
Noted, though one handed wielding and dual wielding are my plan. I can get a good hold of most things with one hand anyway.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #123 on: November 17, 2018, 02:01:29 AM »

Noted, though one handed wielding and dual wielding are my plan. I can get a good hold of most things with one hand anyway.

Excellent! Shouldn’t be an issue for you then. It was the main thing I noticed wearing the Revan armor, and it sort of pushed me into a habit of single handing when I have 1 Blade now.... which is better practice for dual wielding anyway, but far less practical when you are smol and defending.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #124 on: November 17, 2018, 02:04:54 AM »

Excellent! Shouldn’t be an issue for you then. It was the main thing I noticed wearing the Revan armor, and it sort of pushed me into a habit of single handing when I have 1 Blade now.... which is better practice for dual wielding anyway, but far less practical when you are smol and defending.
I think if you flip your hold, it's easier to block single wielding.

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2018, 02:12:38 AM »

Not really. It’s more of an issue of the inertia on the impact causing ricochet. There are some angles that are easier to block with inverted grip, but mostly it’s an issue of I need to turn my blocks into almost a block bash to stop the momentum of the oncoming saber with an opposing force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »

Your not exactly wrong, and I see your logic, but a reverse grip (which i use quite a bit) doesn't give you much leverage for blocking unfortunately.
That's just what I've noticed for myself anyway. If you can make it work, more power to ya!

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2018, 02:19:30 AM »

Your not exactly wrong, and I see your logic, but a reverse grip (which i use quite a bit) doesn't give you much leverage for blocking unfortunately.
That's just what I've noticed for myself anyway. If you can make it work, more power to ya!

Not really. It’s more of an issue of the inertia on the impact causing ricochet. There are some angles that are easier to block with inverted grip, but mostly it’s an issue of I need to turn my blocks into almost a block bash to stop the momentum of the oncoming saber with an opposing force.

Well I also read it off a youtube comment, and it might have also been in regard to steal long swords. Also dual wielding if you're fighting someone with one weapon, you can cross you blades and block that way. Though also I've yet to have any serious sparing.

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2018, 02:30:56 AM »

Well I also read it off a youtube comment, and it might have also been in regard to steal long swords. Also dual wielding if you're fighting someone with one weapon, you can cross you blades and block that way. Though also I've yet to have any serious sparing.
Crossing blades is better for some blocks, but not all. On a similar note, you can block with both blades from the same direction. Most of what I do is combat choreography rather than full-contact, so you also take into account what looks best from an audience perspective.... depending on what you’re coming out of, it can also be awkward to try to block some things with both sabers. I’ve also found that sometimes what makes sense for an attack or block on paper isn’t necessarily what flows the best in the moment, and often find myself attacking/defending right with my left hand and vice versa. I’ll try to film some of the Choreographed Movements (CMs) my temple uses dual blades VS one and show you what I mean. There’s one specifically that’s notoriously difficult with dual blades even though it’s arguably the easiest CM single blade. Everyone in the temple who dual wields does it differently, but I think my defense might be the most efficient (without being too biased Tongue ). Attacking l, that one is significantly easier reverse grip when dual wielding though. My preferred defense for it, however, is forward grip. But opposite sides (left blocks right and right blocks left)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2018, 02:43:20 AM »

Crossing blades is better for some blocks, but not all. On a similar note, you can block with both blades from the same direction. Most of what I do is combat choreography rather than full-contact, so you also take into account what looks best from an audience perspective.... depending on what you’re coming out of, it can also be awkward to try to block some things with both sabers. I’ve also found that sometimes what makes sense for an attack or block on paper isn’t necessarily what flows the best in the moment, and often find myself attacking/defending right with my left hand and vice versa. I’ll try to film some of the Choreographed Movements (CMs) my temple uses dual blades VS one and show you what I mean. There’s one specifically that’s notoriously difficult with dual blades even though it’s arguably the easiest CM single blade. Everyone in the temple who dual wields does it differently, but I think my defense might be the most efficient (without being too biased Tongue ). Attacking l, that one is significantly easier reverse grip when dual wielding though. My preferred defense for it, however, is forward grip. But opposite sides (left blocks right and right blocks left)

Hmm, I got a lot to learn.

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2018, 02:50:17 AM »

Hmm, I got a lot to learn.
Haha, most you learn through experience. Like I said, what seems to work on paper isn’t necessarily what works best in the moment. Unfortunately when it comes to dual wielding, most of it is trial and error trying to translate existing single blade stuff for two blades... I’m currently working on creating an original “Revan VS Bastila” (even though they’re both using single blades in the cut scene, where is the fun of neither using their signature style?) choreography designed to be done with one person with dual blades and the other with staff... except I suck at staff (largely because of my height) so it has made it much more difficult than I originally anticipated. I don’t think I can get much further with the choreography project though until I have a better understanding of staff. I’m hoping to learn Obi VS Maul CMs soon to start getting a feel for it in a choreography written for staff specifically.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2018, 03:15:56 AM »

Haha, most you learn through experience. Like I said, what seems to work on paper isn’t necessarily what works best in the moment. Unfortunately when it comes to dual wielding, most of it is trial and error trying to translate existing single blade stuff for two blades... I’m currently working on creating an original “Revan VS Bastila” (even though they’re both using single blades in the cut scene, where is the fun of neither using their signature style?) choreography designed to be done with one person with dual blades and the other with staff... except I suck at staff (largely because of my height) so it has made it much more difficult than I originally anticipated. I don’t think I can get much further with the choreography project though until I have a better understanding of staff. I’m hoping to learn Obi VS Maul CMs soon to start getting a feel for it in a choreography written for staff specifically.

I just saw the first flash back of Revan vs Bastila lol

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2018, 03:33:41 AM »

I just saw the first flash back of Revan vs Bastila lol

Yeaaaaah, Revan’s signature is dual blades (which you get to fight an apparition of him/her with in KOTOR II) and Bastila uses staff the entire game other than that flashback.

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Chains keep us together

« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2018, 04:03:27 AM »

Yeaaaaah, Revan’s signature is dual blades (which you get to fight an apparition of him/her with in KOTOR II) and Bastila uses staff the entire game other than that flashback.
I am now dual wielding two swords

Saber Collection:

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2018, 05:01:04 AM »

I am now dual wielding two swords

Which skills have you chosen. Sometimes you actually do less damage dual wielding. My current research playthrough, “Gwen”, discovers this the hard way more than once lol

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: