Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 138227 times)
Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »

Thank you Master Elwood, it's all thanks to you
No sir! I’m just aiding in your skill-building🙏🏻😌 you are already a great architect😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 10:23:11 PM »

Hi there Infinit,

Just watched your latest vids and I gotta say you are going about your training the right way, Slow and Smooth to start..leads to Fast and Flowing to finish.

You are receiving great advice from Master E Graestar.

points to both.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 11:09:28 PM »

No sir! I’m just aiding in your skill-building🙏🏻😌 you are already a great architect😊

Thank you Master Elwood. You’re too kind but there’s something to say about you after Boeing my first video and giving new techniques to work on that fixed my figure eights within one video. I practiced for months and everything just looked sloppy until you came into the picture so much appreciation to your teachings my Master!

Hi there Infinit,

Just watched your latest vids and I gotta say you are going about your training the right way, Slow and Smooth to start..leads to Fast and Flowing to finish.

You are receiving great advice from Master E Graestar.

points to both.

Hey there Tyeth. Thank you for your kind words as well. When I first started, I asked Master Elwood for a few tips and he mentioned started off slowly until I get my form right, speed will come later. This was months ago and even before my first video.  I have been focusing on form and keeping my speed slow because of that. Once Master Elwood and I started our training, it was easy for me to work certain issues I had since I started off with a good foundation laid out by Master Elwood. 

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 11:19:00 PM »

Hi Infinit,

Another tip would be to follow the tip of your blade as it travels around the orbit then, when the blade passes behind you can focus on the pommel to maintain awareness of the position of the blade. (This is because the pommel is 180 degress opposite the blade, so the blade will move in mirror fashion to the pommel)

Keep up the great work.

(that reminds me I need to do a bit of practice too, I'm off to a local comic-con next week and need to be sharp Wink )

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 11:30:44 PM »

Hi Infinit,

Another tip would be to follow the tip of your blade as it travels around the orbit then, when the blade passes behind you can focus on the pommel to maintain awareness of the position of the blade. (This is because the pommel is 180 degress opposite the blade, so the blade will move in mirror fashion to the pommel)

Keep up the great work.

(that reminds me I need to do a bit of practice too, I'm off to a local comic-con next week and need to be sharp Wink )

Hey there Tyeth, that's a great tip to follow in regards to the tip of the blade and the pommel.

Thanks for your kind words, since I've gotten great direction and a great teacher, I've gotten really serious with my spin and have been since addicted to it.

I'm excited for you on your upcoming con, you will take pictures, won't you?  I look forward to seeing what you'll do

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 11:39:21 PM »

Hi again Infinit,

Oh it won't be anything epic as it is a local con. I also don't have any Jedi threads to wear as I'm a bit stretched financially atm (looking after family etc).

I imagine most of the time I'll be available for the Padawans attending to try out their sabers against mine or borrowing mine for their photo opportunities!

I'll get what photos I can though.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 12:02:45 AM »

Hey there Tyeth,

As long as you're attending the con for the sole purpose of having fun, even without a costume, it'll still be pretty cool. I didn't know that you look forward to lending your saber to a padawan or have some fun saber sparring with.  Kudos to you, padawans do remember kind acts from strangers like that.  Point incoming for looking out for our future Jedi and Sith

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 09:37:17 AM »

Had an early spin session before starting work early this AM and from all of the videos I took, this was the best one.  I keep making weird faces, lol

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA7-Ke3F1Bo&amp;t=2s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2018, 02:35:35 PM »

Early morning spin flows

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPstCfey-YA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2018, 06:49:10 PM »

I'm happy to see you in the great spinning family ! Welcome xD

Each video show your progress ! Continue you'll be one of the best !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2018, 06:52:40 PM »

I'm happy to see you in the great spinning family ! Welcome xD

Each video show your progress ! Continue you'll be one of the best !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you Darth_Ravn.  I have a really good Master that's guiding through the process. I didn't realize how addicting it was

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2018, 07:15:39 PM »

One, sometimes two videos a day? Who does that?
That's dedication. Very inspiring.

I've always said I love seeing peoples progression documented. Whether it's someone tightening up a figure eight or working on an angel roll, I always learn something.
Everyday you're getting noticeably, WAY better. And it makes me realize I need to step it up. I'm analyzing my technique again. I was getting lazy. Like Master Resolute says, (I'm paraphrasing here) "always go back to the basics."

Master Elwood, Just a thought, but do you think hand switches should be introduced next? Seems logical to me, but what do I know? Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2018, 08:49:24 PM »

I've always said I love seeing peoples progression documented. Whether it's someone tightening up a figure eight or working on an angel roll, I always learn something.
Everyday you're getting noticeably, WAY better. And it makes me realize I need to step it up. I'm analyzing my technique again. I was getting lazy. Like Master Resolute says, (I'm paraphrasing here) "always go back to the basics."

Master Elwood, Just a thought, but do you think hand switches should be introduced next? Seems logical to me, but what do I know? Wink
Yessir, that’s up next🤙🏻 with a little extra for this hungry padawan(and i use that term in UTMOST respect🙏🏻😊) with a spot of directionality, blade awareness, and footwork basics🧐

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »

Looking good there, Infinit. Smiley

I've noticed you like that Dark Initiate for spinning. I take it the windows don't bother your hand?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 12:20:05 AM »

Quite honestly, it was you and Master Elwood that put spinning on my radar and once I got into it with the right direction and instructions, it just got addicting.  Believe it or not, 80% of my flow spins aren’t recorded and of the 20% that I do, are mostly to check for and see if I’m doing it right but mainly to have Master Elwood view and help me adjust my form accordingly.

Someone also told me to keep a record of your progression so that you’ll know how far you’ll come and also to catch any errors you normally wouldn’t catch while spinning.   Wink

Master Elwood did mention hand switches so it’s funny that you mentioned it

Yessir, that’s up next🤙🏻 with a little extra for this hungry padawan(and i use that term in UTMOST respect🙏🏻😊) with a spot of directionality, blade awareness, and footwork basics🧐

And I’m honored to be your padawan, Master Elwood.   Cheesy I’m motivated and look to perfect my craft with your guidance.  I look forward to the next steps that you’ve mentioned

Looking good there, Infinit. Smiley

I've noticed you like that Dark Initiate for spinning. I take it the windows don't bother your hand?

Thank you SFD! That means a lot. Believe it or not, I prefer the Aeon and Dominix but only one if my Aeons can mute it’s sound while my other one and Dominix cannot, so I use the Dark Initiate which is just the same only shorter.  The windows did eat up the skin between my thumb and index finger but it did callus on both hands over time so it doesn’t hurt anymore.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: