Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 138245 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 12:52:19 AM »

I've never liked spinning my Initiate (even when it had electronics) due to the windows, not even after I got a 24" blade for it. I like my Aeon and Dominix because they don't have windows.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 12:58:48 AM »

I've never liked spinning my Initiate (even when it had electronics) due to the windows, not even after I got a 24" blade for it. I like my Aeon and Dominix because they don't have windows.

Believe it or not, you will get used to it it will have grow callus to accommodate the Windows

Here’s a vid of my padawan spinning.. watch until the end

http://youtu.be/0fznIKkqHZc

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 12:08:19 PM »

Believe it or not, you will get used to it it will have grow callus to accommodate the Windows

Here’s a vid of my padawan spinning.. watch until the end

http://youtu.be/0fznIKkqHZc

Aaaaawwwww!!! Clearly your boy’s inherited some of your skills😊🤙🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

Aaaaawwwww!!! Clearly your boy’s inherited some of your skills😊🤙🏻

Thank Master, Elwood.  Believe it or not, he got curious when I was following alone with one of your videos and he just plucked the saber out of my hand and started spinning himself.  I was stabbed at the end, but I'm okay, I'm okay...

Early morning spinning:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KONzp7QpQog" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »

Great stuff, bro. Smiley

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

I’m lovin’ this thread pal!! Apparently, I gotta up my game. You’re puttin in way more work than me!!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 06:11:43 PM »

Great stuff, bro. Smiley

Thank you, SFD!  It's addictive and I direction now

I’m lovin’ this thread pal!! Apparently, I gotta up my game. You’re puttin in way more work than me!!!

Thank you Gumby.  I'm glad that I can motivate you, it's my whole point along with keeping record of my progress but also get others involved.

Points to all

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 12:10:05 AM »

Looking good Infinit01! I don’t do much with the off hand, unless it’s involved in a combo move or something. That’s cool; I should start working on the off hand.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 01:17:48 AM »

Looking good Infinit01! I don’t do much with the off hand, unless it’s involved in a combo move or something. That’s cool; I should start working on the off hand.

Thanks DPM! You should, it’s good for combat and spinning. My sensei in martial arts say its good to have balance between your dominant and non dominant sides. The Masters teach and promote that for spins as well.  Record some videos and share it when you do please

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2018, 01:22:28 AM »

Thanks DPM! You should, it’s good for combat and spinning. My sensei in martial arts say its good to have balance between your dominant and non dominant sides. The Masters teach and promote that for spins as well.  Record some videos and share it when you do please

I agree 100% with this.
I would also like to see you spin with your Metallica fonts, DPM.
                 *bangs head throws up maloik*

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »

Have a new focus to work on and master.  Recorded a video last night but it was after 20 minutes of practicing the new moves.  This morning, after some warm ups, I recorded this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i9QuyPSDLg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2018, 01:10:33 PM »

Just poking around...

...looking pretty freakin' cool in here. Smiley

Way to go Infinit!

Man, this wait an hour thing is going to end me...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2018, 01:20:03 PM »

Just poking around...

...looking pretty freakin' cool in here. Smiley

Way to go Infinit!

Man, this wait an hour thing is going to end me...lol

Hey there, Rapine! Thank you for checking out my videos!  It's something I got into and just got addicted.  I have great motivators like yourself, DS, Gumby and have great instructions from Master Elwood himself!  Yes, I recall I already owe you another point from your cookies that you baked.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »

Still can't give you one...lol

Just expect a few today at some point. Tongue

I'm sure you've watched some of Darth Cephalus's videos.  Samhain138 is really good too...

Master Venturous was where I finally really "got it" though.  An art I've let go for now unfortunately...

...so it's good to see some great work!  Get in on that "SpinWars 2018"  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40100.0

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

Still can't give you one...lol

Just expect a few today at some point. Tongue

I'm sure you've watched some of Darth Cephalus's videos.  Samhain138 is really good too...

Master Venturous was where I finally really "got it" though.  An art I've let go for now unfortunately...

...so it's good to see some great work!  Get in on that "SpinWars 2018"  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40100.0

I know the feeling, finally gave you one for the cookies but you had to make me laugh in the Meme thread so I owe you one for that.   Will do  and expect some more your way as well.

I'm glad that you said that, Darth Cephalus's training videos are what got me going with my spins.  Shout outs to him and kudos for posting all of those training videos.  Til this day, I still visit those to look at and practice with. 

Samhain is a master at the staff and his saber flow videos are always on point leaving me in awe, the most impressive part is that he can do everything you see him in the videos dressed down, in costume.  I have spoken to him and will hopefully have the honor to train and learn from him as well.  Now, his contact staff and pyro spin videos are on a different realm of it's own.  I don't think he's even human at this point.

Honestly, Master Venturous' stuff are killer like Master Resolute.  I haven't dabbled into their world yet but Master Elwood has been kind enough to offer me training and is currently giving me training and direction.   

I do hope that you get back into the flow of things, my whole point of my thread is to keep track of my progress and to help motivate members to continue with their spins and working with their non-dominant hand more often. 

I will try my take in the SpinWars 2018 but I'm no competition to the likes of Master Venturous, Resolute or Elwood.  I'm going to do it for fun of course and with some new instructions from Master Elwood, I should have some really good videos to offer Darth Cephalus. 

Thank you for the kind words, Rapine and for motivating me.  I love this art and I only regret not starting and taking this seriously when I first got into sabering. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: