Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: Infinit’s Spinning corner  (Read 138198 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2018, 10:34:45 PM »

Dude. In your first video from a week ago I could have easily guessed your off hand. Not anymore. Looking real good brother.
Let it flow! 

Thanks DS.  I start practicing with my non-dom hand first and then transition to my right. I also learn new moves on my left now which it gets super easy with my right.

Good practice on the back spins, especially later when you start to move more with your legs. Point  Wink

Thanks Matt Nihilus, have a point back!

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 02:36:21 AM »

Not sure how I missed this Infinit, nice work on your "not so" off hand. Keep it up. Point indeed.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 02:39:15 AM »

Not sure how I missed this Infinit, nice work on your "not so" off hand. Keep it up. Point indeed.

Thanks, DarthBoneTD!  I've been practicing on it quite a bit now focusing on leading with it.  Point back!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2018, 03:56:54 AM »

Dang, dude. You're spinning like crazy. Good stuff. Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »

Dang, dude. You're spinning like crazy. Good stuff. Smiley

Thanks SFD!  I'm loving saber flows! 

Early AM flows, my attempt to start integrating my moves, excuse the roughness please.  This is my first attempt

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-Nv8SOehT0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »

Early AM flows, my attempt to start integrating my moves, excuse the roughness please.  This is my first attempt

! No longer available

Well done James!!😄😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »

Well done James!!😄😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Master. Still working on my form and getting things smooth.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »

! No longer available

AKA...Early morning dedication. One thing I would suggest to you though is to take your practice outside or to a place that doesn't confine you in any way. Having walls or a ceiling too close will inadvertently train you to compromise your technique in order to not hit them. Simply, it trains poor technique. Being somewhere where you having plenty of space will allow you to train the full movement the way it should be so you don't have to inhibit yourself at all.

And also, I don't know if you've seen the video I did on a trick to learning the eclipse and reverse eclipse (aka the obi-ani), but it might help you with those moves as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcieFiTd2nk&amp;list=PLtxs8UJy21n7Sbsd1qRzzLrZO8zVh9mp_&amp;t=0s&amp;index=29" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Aside from that, keep up the good work and flow on my friend.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »

Looking great, bro. You're getting there with those transitions. You kept the saber moving the whole time and you were stringing together different spins nicely. Smiley

I wish I had the kind of dedication you do. But, I don't. I'll play with my sabers for 5 minutes and be like "that was fun" and then go do something else. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2018, 03:40:34 AM »

AKA...Early morning dedication. One thing I would suggest to you though is to take your practice outside or to a place that doesn't confine you in any way. Having walls or a ceiling too close will inadvertently train you to compromise your technique in order to not hit them. Simply, it trains poor technique. Being somewhere where you having plenty of space will allow you to train the full movement the way it should be so you don't have to inhibit yourself at all.

And also, I don't know if you've seen the video I did on a trick to learning the eclipse and reverse eclipse (aka the obi-ani), but it might help you with those moves as well.

! No longer available

Aside from that, keep up the good work and flow on my friend.

Thank you for the tips, Master Venturous.  I have plan to start spinning in my back yard and will get a set up arranged. I just have to clear some grassy area as my skin is allergic to it and you're right, the limited space will give me bad form.  I have not seen your video but will check it out as once I get into work in the AM (getting ready for bed as I type).  Thanks again and I appreciate any and every tips, criticism, and pointers that you're willing to give.   Cheesy

Looking great, bro. You're getting there with those transitions. You kept the saber moving the whole time and you were stringing together different spins nicely. Smiley

I wish I had the kind of dedication you do. But, I don't. I'll play with my sabers for 5 minutes and be like "that was fun" and then go do something else. Wink

Thank you, SFD to always checking out my videos.  I admit that it does take some liking and interest into sticking with spinning since it's not super easy but easy to get down the basics and with practice, you can learn the more intricate moves and transitions. 

I really love this art and side of the saber (I'm still going to build and customized sabers as well, that will never go away) and it's now a part of me.  That's how I started my love for spinning was to pick up my saber for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. 

Here's a last video for the night.  I dropped my Dark Initiate V4 on tile floor which broke the battery holder.  I super glued it but leaving it alone over night for it to cure and it's still usable but the battery holder needs to be replaced.  I planned on installing a Lit-Ion set up any how so it's out of commission for the time being.  I picked up my saber and disabled all of the sound on the Obsidian V3 so that I can practice in silence. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D3LfH5D0PM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2018, 04:01:16 AM »

Wow! Your progress is remarkable and your dedication is inspiring.

You look so much more confident and comfortable than you did 9 whole days ago when you started this thread. Props to you brother!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the video Master Venturous posted is the best I've seen for really tightening up   
the standard and reverse/inverted Eclipse. His no eclipse challenge entry is still my main source of inspiration though. Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2018, 06:07:45 AM »

Here's a last video for the night.  I dropped my Dark Initiate V4 on tile floor which broke the battery holder.  I super glued it but leaving it alone over night for it to cure and it's still usable but the battery holder needs to be replaced.  I planned on installing a Lit-Ion set up any how so it's out of commission for the time being.  I picked up my saber and disabled all of the sound on the Obsidian V3 so that I can practice in silence. 

Excellent work Infinit01! I like the behind the back and overhead transitions you displayed. Cool stuff.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:48 AM »

DPM. I can't see you in a thread without hearing this in my head,

e|--------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------|
D|-2-------12--11--10-------------|
A|-2-------12--11--10-------------|
E|-0-------10---9---8-------------|

e|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------12--11--10---------------------------------------|
A|-------------------12--11--10---------------------------------------|
E|-0-0-12-0-0-11-0-0-10---9---8-------0-0-7-0-0-6-0-0-5-0-4-0-3-0-2-1-|(x4)
   PM-|   PM-|   PM-|                 PM-|  PM-|  PM-|  PM  PM  PM

Which is a good thing. Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2018, 12:47:04 PM »

This thread is awesome Inf01!

Your progress is remarkable and I must say I admire your dedication  Wink
Wish I had enough space in my appartment to do some inside spinning. As it is now it's getting too cold outside to enjoy a spinning session and I only have the possibility to develop my skills once a week in my Lightsaber class (in which I don't have time to practice spinning). I'll have to try to find a place inside where I can practice...Maybe I can ask a friend if they have space or find other people so we could invest together into a place to practice (though finances are not exactly at their best right now...)

Have a point for all your effort!  Cheesy

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »

! No longer available

Just checked out the video and followed along. It made a lot of sense and worked so much better. I've been practicing it and here's a rough video

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VibaBj3uBKg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Wow! Your progress is remarkable and your dedication is inspiring.

You look so much more confident and comfortable than you did 9 whole days ago when you started this thread. Props to you brother!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the video Master Venturous posted is the best I've seen for really tightening up   
the standard and reverse/inverted Eclipse. His no eclipse challenge entry is still my main source of inspiration though. Wink

Thanks, Darth Silenoz!  One of the many reasons of creating my own thread was to help inspire those members to spin more and get comfortable.  I checked out Master Venturous' video and his tip and trick to help tighten up really works. I've been practicing it this morning and can see that it's much better. 

Excellent work Infinit01! I like the behind the back and overhead transitions you displayed. Cool stuff.

Thanks DPM! I really appreciate it, I've been practicing those hand transitions. 

This thread is awesome Inf01!

Your progress is remarkable and I must say I admire your dedication  Wink
Wish I had enough space in my appartment to do some inside spinning. As it is now it's getting too cold outside to enjoy a spinning session and I only have the possibility to develop my skills once a week in my Lightsaber class (in which I don't have time to practice spinning). I'll have to try to find a place inside where I can practice...Maybe I can ask a friend if they have space or find other people so we could invest together into a place to practice (though finances are not exactly at their best right now...)

Have a point for all your effort!  Cheesy

Thank you, Crue!  I appreciate you visiting this thread and viewing my videos.  I understand not having the correct amount of space. My house has low ceilings and with a 5 year old, space is a bit restricted that I have to move a few things around myself.  Master Venturous and Master Elwood has both recommend me spinning outside which I am currently prepping my back yard to do so (cut down the grass and clear a section since my skin is allergic to it).  I understand you not being able to practice outside since it's cold where you are and having a place with space until you're living there, can be costly so it's understandable.  Just practice when you can as much as you can.  The basic moves can be done inside but the more advance moves and when you're trying to add transitions will need the space. 

Thank you and have a point back for checking out this thread!

Morning spins to start the Monday off (This is before I watched Master Venturous' video but I do have the Eclipse revisited video that I made above)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMDO1A72W_M" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: