Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Coming Soon: Metallica-Themed Multi-Font Collection, "The Full Arsenal"  (Read 4461 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: October 28, 2018, 01:28:27 AM »

I will be creating and releasing a collection of multiple Metallica-themed lightsaber fonts entitled, "The Full Arsenal"

Here is a preview video of "Hardwired" - The first entry in the collection. "Hardwired" includes 175 sounds taken from Metallica's "Hardwired to Self-Destruct" album.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyvLo0CXiaY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

Here is a direct link for those who cannot view the embedded video:
https://youtu.be/QyvLo0CXiaY

The sounds are assigned and labeled traditionally so that you know where they should go, but the font works differently than a standard lightsaber font does. The font allows you to essentially cycle through all the different "riffs" of the album. Because of that, all of the sounds are at the same volume and there are a total of four different hum sounds available.

The "Swing" sounds are slower, groove style riffs.
The "Clash" sounds are quicker, transitional and percussive riffs.
The "Spin" sounds are faster, upbeat style riffs.
The "Lockup" sounds are fast, ferocious riffs that loop seamlessly.
The "Gesture" sounds are extended parts.

I'm working on the LED lighting sequences currently. When that is done, I'll post "Hardwired" for download  Smiley

Similar to what I did for the "Son of Darkness" font, I will do a quick-look video of the font loaded and working on a saber. I will also include a tutorial with the download link, albeit much shorter than the one I did for "Son of Darkness".

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »

Wow. I am looking forward to your end result. \m/

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 02:08:01 AM »

Holy crap.  So ready for this.  Of course I sincerely hope Kill 'Em All, Puppets et al. are in the plan, but I also hope St. Anger and even Load are on the list too.  Whatever you choose to share, rest assured I will be grabbing copies of all available.  Thanks for sharing and may the gods of metal smile upon your house!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 02:16:18 AM »

I am looking forward to this as well.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 08:11:01 PM »

Holy crap.  So ready for this.  Of course I sincerely hope Kill 'Em All, Puppets et al. are in the plan, but I also hope St. Anger and even Load are on the list too.  Whatever you choose to share, rest assured I will be grabbing copies of all available.  Thanks for sharing and may the gods of metal smile upon your house!
Indeed; it’s all in the plan currently. “The Full Arsenal” will eventually contain fonts from all 10 major albums. The accompanying LED lighting will match the album cover colors / themes.

After “Hardwired”, I’ll work on one of the first five classic albums. Right now, I’m thinking Ride the Lightning or the Black Album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2018, 11:09:36 PM »

Awesome!  As you might guess from my username, I would vote for Ride The Lightning next.  Smiley  I can't wait to make one of my sabers the most metal it's ever been.

Unsolicited addition: if you get bored after all the albums, there's always the cover songs from Garage Days and/or Inc...

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »

Awesome!  As you might guess from my username, I would vote for Ride The Lightning next.  Smiley 
I did indeed notice your username Smiley The Call of Ktulu is a great tune, and still one of my favorites to play live.

Unsolicited addition: if you get bored after all the albums, there's always the cover songs from Garage Days and/or Inc...
You want it all Smiley I can respect someone who just can't get enough 'Tallica Lol.

I do enjoy a lot of that stuff of course. These fonts have to be based on albums, or more specifically; pieces that were recorded at the same time, with the same equipment, etc. Otherwise, the pieces don't fit well together. Garage Days / Garage, Inc. could be done, but it would have to actually be broken down into "Sub-Fonts", i.e. one font for "Garage Days Revisited", one for the newer "Garage, Inc." (Disc 1) stuff, etc. Beyond that, the one-offs probably wouldn't sound very good.

Rest assured though; if people like these Met-Fonts, I'll keep making them Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 04:30:04 AM »

Here is a video of the "Hardwired" font in action on a Diamond Spectre saber Smiley

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl32obb9ei0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

[External Link] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl32obb9ei0

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 04:00:28 AM »

Here is a video of the "Hardwired" font in action on a Diamond Spectre saber Smiley

[External Link] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl32obb9ei0

Wow. A well deserved point incoming! Hell yeah, keep making them!

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 11:40:12 AM »

Incredible sound font you created, DPM.  Great work once again! Point

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 01:03:49 PM »

Wow. A well deserved point incoming! Hell yeah, keep making them!

Incredible sound font you created, DPM.  Great work once again! Point

Thank you gentlemen!  Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 12:36:01 PM »

I would vote for Ride The Lightning next. Smiley

ktulu1347 - I'm happy to inform you that Ride the Lightning will indeed be next in this collection Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »

Also- for everyone looking to download the "Hardwired" font, I finished all the LED effects for it this weekend. I didn't expect these Metallica fonts to be quite as large as "Son of Darkness" was; just because there will be a total of 10 fonts in the collection, but... it's every bit as large; larger even.

I will prepare a short tutorial video, which will take a few days to shoot and produce. It will not be as long as the video for Son of Darkness though Lol. I won't go over all the RGBW vs RGBA stuff again; I'll just reference that video instead of covering it again.

Anyway, I'm shooting to release "Hardwired" this weekend. I'll keep you updated Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 03:26:41 PM »

So evil. I love it.

Supreme skill there.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 11:38:00 PM »

Also- for everyone looking to download the "Hardwired" font, I finished all the LED effects for it this weekend. I didn't expect these Metallica fonts to be quite as large as "Son of Darkness" was; just because there will be a total of 10 fonts in the collection, but... it's every bit as large; larger even.

I will prepare a short tutorial video, which will take a few days to shoot and produce. It will not be as long as the video for Son of Darkness though Lol. I won't go over all the RGBW vs RGBA stuff again; I'll just reference that video instead of covering it again.

Anyway, I'm shooting to release "Hardwired" this weekend. I'll keep you updated Smiley

I look forward to it!!! Point!

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: