Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Spin Wars 2018: need track  (Read 7136 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: October 29, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »

Need a music track for Spin Wars 2018. For anyone not familiar, each year I host a call for videos from the sabering and costuming community. I select a music track, people do routines to it, and I edit them all together into a montage that gets released on New Years Day. We have been doing it for a few years now and it is always pretty fun. This year though, I am having trouble finding a track, so I thought I would post and ask for some help/suggestions. Ideally I need something that is about 5 or 6 minutes long. Something that sounds good with saber video. Usually that means epic sounding cinematic type things with a varying pace. Dance music with base drops has worked well in the past as well. I need something that is royalty free as well so that I can get it out there without getting copyright flagged from here to the end of time and so that people can find and download the music for free to spin to. Any suggestions?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 12:18:07 AM »

There's a channel that I follow on YT called RisTho who has quite a bit of SW related remix tracks that are copyright free.  Here's a sample of a good track that I tend to play at work for serenity

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSe-oOPnZs0&amp;index=19&amp;list=PL9lFCOZj7yeuKkzC-zLQl5gwaehKI8sLe" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 12:34:43 AM »

I will see if I can help.

<------has been waiting for this announcement for quite some time.

I might already have my demo recorded DC..... Roll Eyes

Not a bad mix Infinit.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 01:20:18 AM »

I will see if I can help.

<------has been waiting for this announcement for quite some time.

I might already have my demo recorded DC..... Roll Eyes

Not a bad mix Infinit.

Thank you Master Resolute.  I look forward to seeing what you'll have for DC

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 04:17:15 AM »

Thanks. I will have a look at that channel and see what they say about use. In the meantime, any other suggestions are welcome. I had been meaning to get this up and going for a while, but I got busy making holocrons, doing stuff on Facebook, and grading papers. As you all can tell I have not been around this forum a lot lately. I will try to remedy that a bit in the coming weeks.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »

This video isn't really a music video but there are some really nice remixes on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8TZAhgqFs

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 06:04:50 AM »

You're welcome, here's another one by another YT that I follow

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30hgDkuEma0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

His work are Creative Commons on YouTube and his music are great and pretty lenthy

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2018, 09:31:31 AM »

Are you up for original music, DC? I might be able to whip up something. Also- what’s the timeframe you’re looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »

Are you up for original music, DC? I might be able to whip up something. Also- what’s the timeframe you’re looking for?

I'm glad you made it to this page, Master Elwood. I didn't want to add you into it without permission.  I believe he wants something between 5 to 6 minutes

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2018, 01:27:56 PM »

I'm glad you made it to this page, Master Elwood. I didn't want to add you into it without permission.  I believe he wants something between 5 to 6 minutes
Thanks, Infinite! Also curious when he wants to have the track selected🤙🏻

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 01:44:31 AM »

An original piece would be all kinds of awesome. As for time frame, the sooner the better though there is some time. To get things in hand by new years, I need to put a deadline on submissions around the 15th or s of December. The sooner people have the music, the more likely they are to be able to find the time to put together a video. Ideally, I would like to give people at least a month. As for the theme, something with a good spin tempo and some drops. Epic sounding instrumental with a bit of a sci fi edge. Beyond that, it is pretty open. In past years we used dub step, violin music, club music, dark metal instrumental, and cinematic fight score music.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 02:01:36 AM »

Thanks, Infinite! Also curious when he wants to have the track selected🤙🏻

You’re welcome, Master Elwood

An original piece would be all kinds of awesome. As for time frame, the sooner the better though there is some time. To get things in hand by new years, I need to put a deadline on submissions around the 15th or s of December. The sooner people have the music, the more likely they are to be able to find the time to put together a video. Ideally, I would like to give people at least a month. As for the theme, something with a good spin tempo and some drops. Epic sounding instrumental with a bit of a sci fi edge. Beyond that, it is pretty open. In past years we used dub step, violin music, club music, dark metal instrumental, and cinematic fight score music.

I can’t wait to partake in this!

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 08:27:13 AM »

Cool. No promises, but i’ll see if i can make some magic happen in the next couple weeks😊🤙🏻 either way, i can’t wait to be part of this year’s Spin Wars!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 03:31:50 PM »

Master Elwood, your original music are stellar. I look forward to seeing what you'll rig up for Darth Cephalus. 

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

Any word on that track Master Elwood?  I hate to bug you about it, but if it is not going to happen, I need to settle on something else in the next week.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: