Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Attention All Force Users!!!  (Read 13918 times)
Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2018, 02:10:06 AM »

See? I already changed my mind.
I've never handled a Dorinian, so I can't say it's the only saber I would want (I am extremely curious to know how it handles for tricky spinning though)

So, I would choose a,
Dominix V4, (to be weathered)
Orange illuminated black AV switch
Dark Catalyst pommel
Emerald driver
Obsidian V4
Li-ion with BuckPuck
No cover-tech (can get in the way of contact moves)
Windows on emitter
32" MG blade with round tip (to be cut down to 30")

This is my idea of the most useful and diverse saber for me personally to actually spin and dual with (and still have look awesome on display).
I also feel like a Dominix, particularly when weathered, can be paired well with any color LED. I also like orange illuminated AV switches with all blade colors as well. Plus, I would want a non canon saber that could be my own. This saber could be Light or Dark side. So this would be my ultimate saber despite how many fancier looking hilts there are.

I stand by this as my final answer... I think.

Great question Malik! -1

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 02:28:27 AM »

For the record, this question was brought up by someone else. I just thought it was a REALLY good question. So I put it to you faithful forum, can you answer this question? What shall it be?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 02:40:18 AM »

See, I've already changed MY mind ....... well no, no I didn't.  But I'm liking some of these choices so far, and the Dark Catalyst has intrigued me for some time now.   

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2018, 02:16:55 AM »

Well I only get a v2 phantasm initiate LE. But if I could choose one double, it would be the future phantasm v5 initiate LE in blazing red, stunt setup, with quick disconnect coupler. If I can't keep a double blade, then I would take a v5 initiate LE, blazing red, stunt, dorinian pommel !

Envoyé de mon ASUS_X00ID en utilisant Tapatalk

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:40 PM »

Emerald driver
Obsidian V4

This is why they have the Diamond board, it's only $30 more!

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2018, 12:32:53 PM »

See? I already changed my mind.
I've never handled a Dorinian, so I can't say it's the only saber I would want (I am extremely curious to know how it handles for tricky spinning though)

So, I would choose a,
Dominix V4, (to be weathered)
Orange illuminated black AV switch
Dark Catalyst pommel
Emerald driver
Obsidian V4
Li-ion with BuckPuck
No cover-tech (can get in the way of contact moves)
Windows on emitter
32" MG blade with round tip (to be cut down to 30")

This is my idea of the most useful and diverse saber for me personally to actually spin and dual with (and still have look awesome on display).
I also feel like a Dominix, particularly when weathered, can be paired well with any color LED. I also like orange illuminated AV switches with all blade colors as well. Plus, I would want a non canon saber that could be my own. This saber could be Light or Dark side. So this would be my ultimate saber despite how many fancier looking hilts there are.

Good choice there, DS.  My Dominix V4 made me want the Aeon and those two are my favorite sabers for spinning.  They're comfortable and easy to use without fatiguing my hands.  The windowed emitters ate my hands up in the beginning, but it got callused.  Great choice for function and for looks. Plus, you're right, it'll be your own and you can change colors to switch between light and dark side.  The saber is really versatile and one of US' best original design in my opinion.

I stand by this as my final answer... I think.

Upgrade to Diamond! Upgrade to Diamond!   Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 08:46:34 AM »

Really?  My Aeon V4 is my go to for spinning, how’s the Catalyst for spins?
Its awesome.  :-)

I am using a 32" blade instead of the 36" blade.  The actual exposed blade is only about 2" shorter because of the very shallow blade socket, but I haven't had any blade security issues.  The choke point is very comfortable and extremely useful when it comes to spinning or flourishing.

I added a Scorpion pommel to mine for aesthetics.  My current iteration is a Obsidian Lite with a lit AV switch and a Tri-Cree LED in Adedgan Silver which I filter with Lee filters for variation.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 04:12:49 PM »

Its awesome.  :-)

I am using a 32" blade instead of the 36" blade.  The actual exposed blade is only about 2" shorter because of the very shallow blade socket, but I haven't had any blade security issues.  The choke point is very comfortable and extremely useful when it comes to spinning or flourishing.

I added a Scorpion pommel to mine for aesthetics.  My current iteration is a Obsidian Lite with a lit AV switch and a Tri-Cree LED in Adedgan Silver which I filter with Lee filters for variation.  :-)

I too use a 32" blade for most of my sabers and tried spinning with a 32" on a Dark Initiate, it was still a little too long for me.  One of the biggest things that steered me away was the concern for the shallow blade socket so it's good to know that it doesn't compromise the integrity of the blade being secured.  I may have to look into this saber in the future

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 09:38:19 PM »

I would choose this one:

Upgraded to Diamond with a crystal reveal chamber since Palpy is paying...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2018, 09:52:38 PM »

Guess the reasons for my choice only work for myself, lol. A lifelong saber in my book needs to be simple, and easily repaired/modded by the wielder, so it needs to be as simple as I am.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Naris Suril
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

Light Side, but still a Grey Jedi

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2018, 02:17:06 AM »

I think I would go with my Aeon v4 with Catalyst hilt and Blue-illuminated silver switch that I am waiting patiently for the funds to purchase (only two to two and a half months to go!).
It's simple, it's plain, it's elegant--all I really want.
Blade colour is Violet Amethyst.

Main Saber: Aeon V4 in Dark Violet Amethyst, Diamond Controller with Catalyst Pommel
Arsenal Sabers: (all are VA, unless noted)
Flamberge V2 (all 3 GB), Brood Guard SE, Spectre (engraved), Reaper (black), Aeon V2 (Yari added), Apprintace V4 (modded into a whip), Dark Mantis (RIP Christopher Lee), Dark Warglaive, Malice, Dorinian, Phantom v4, Sentinel v5, Scorpion (black), Initiate V2 (blue), Initiate V2 (green)
All arsenal sabers are To be ordered later.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 08:24:02 AM »

Naris, very nice. And my favorite blade color ta boot! Have a point.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

ZekeTheGameFreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »

I'd probably go with the Specter with a diamond controller. If I just had money to blow, that'd be the next saber I get.

There is Passion, yet Peace
Serenity, yet Emotion
There is Chaos, yet Order
The is no Dark or Light only the Force

Purchased Sabers: Dark Apprentice V4 Obsidian LITE/ Fire Orange
                       Dark Apprentice V4 stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Dominix V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Initiate V4 Stunt/ Blazing Red
                       Apprentice V4 Stunt/ Guardian Blue
Light Side points please, should the Force guide you to.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »

I'd probably go with the Specter with a diamond controller. If I just had money to blow, that'd be the next saber I get.

The spectre is a beautiful hilt and would be amazing in any color. I've always been attracted to it, mainly because I love the pommel.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2018, 02:40:14 AM »

Can’t lie, do like that spectre there Zeke. It don’t change my answer, but it is cool.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: