Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aux port programming???  (Read 2653 times)
0mib
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« on: October 31, 2018, 07:55:13 PM »

Hey guys and hopefully gals, QQ so I can finish off my project saber/unhealthy obsession, I have successfully (It seems) hooked up the additional 3 AUX channels to rated LEDs, (the first was hooked up from the factory to the illuminated switch) but for some reason they only light when assigned the battery indicator... I can confirm they all work by going into the launcher and rotating channels through said monitor, but can't get them to light consistently like the illuminated switch... is there a trick to it? i currently have the peak voltage assigned to each channel (from the relevant datasheets) in the launcher, as I was initially thinking nominal was just not enough, and while i can see that the LED used in the illuminated switch is set to 2.8 V I have no idea of it's provenance, so I don't know how this compares to it's rating... Anyone experienced in these mods? Cool THX in advance....

0mib the cranky highlander

atron
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »

The AUX channels are controlled in the same way as the main LEDs they must be turned on in the font's effect - via the effect editor. If you set up the correct voltage/current in the board config (and have them enabled), go in the effect editor and add some points on their respective graphs and test the effect to see if they work - put the point at the maximum then try different values to check if you set the voltage/current ok and see how it looks on your saber.
If you just want to have them light in the same intensity all the time you can set one point on the idle/hum effect and disable it for all other effects (in advanced font wizard mode -> edit effect), I think you have to do this for all your fonts if I read the manual correctly. This would be a waste as you can control its intensity in time in the same way as with the power LEDs and make them pulsate or some other interesting effect - I mean add more points and do some nice light effects if you are using the aux channels  Smiley
Check out the manual in the MainTab->Resources->DiamondUserManual for more details.
Are you adding extra LEDs on the Raven? where are you putting them? Crystal chamber? - I'm really curios and would love to see what you are doing with the aux channels.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »

Hey there 0mib,

Awesome that you're close to being done.  I hope you get it up and running very soon. Smiley

While I was reading this, I noticed that your signature looked a bit on the tall side though. 

In an effort to fit more posts per page, and not distract too much from what's being said, the forum administration has placed a cap of 200 pixels on signatures.  Yours is barely over at 288, but is noticeable.   Undecided

Any way you can reduce it just slightly? 

-1 for Raven love. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

0mib
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -8

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »

Aha! I did not realize the aux channels were tied to effects but that makes sense.  As for where they're going, iv'e added a piece to my saber that hasn't gotten much love.  I think it wierds people out so, pretty much mission accomplished.  Grin  EDIT: in the time it took me to figure out what to say here I jumped in the launcher and implemented the changes. nothing drastic, just proof of concept, the right side is a red/blue lamp so I have the red steady and the blue pulsing so it pulses from red to purple.  Other side is just a violet assigned to power monitor.  It works better than I could have dreamed, thank you atron!  Your'e a technological avatar.  I'm more Moloch myself.  Wink  Which points do you prefer? Here's some pics so everyone can throw the love/hate.  Be honest, I know i'm slightly twisted.

So, explanation. I'm not force sensitive, just a tinkerer/engineer/weapon smith.  The throttle is an analogue control to change the blade shape/size.  Iv'e played with the idea of saying it's based on the Protosaber, (not proto-saber)
 or even the Scepter of Ragnos.  And i'd still like to build a pack to make it a retro saber.

One from last night, green font, better setting, capturing the blinking violet power indicator.

And the rest of the accessories inspired by the Raven Reborn.  The costume was a not-a-kilt, hence the sporran.  And yeah, i'm coming up with a better name, for now i'm going with Ruth.

@ Rapine, sorry about the sig, didn't pay much attention as I figured I'd do a new one as soon as I finished the saber. Now I have to put a little work into that, but I cut the old one down.

So, All four aux channels in use! Unqualified success! Thank you again atron, this makes my year!  Smiley Cheesy Grin

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 08:29:56 PM »

Interesting mods indeed, something I haven't seen. I think it looks pretty cool myself and of course the only person it really matters to is yourself. Nice work.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 08:33:15 PM »

Hey thanks 0mib. Smiley

Right on.  Looks unique for darned sure. 

-1 again. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

atron
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 08:46:54 AM »

No prob, glad it works - no preference on points either way.
Yeah you're right it looks weird Smiley but that's one of the most original things I've seen in a while, really like how you kept the two claws, thank you for sharing.
From the moment I saw the break handle I keep getting an image where the brake cable that goes in the emitter, is made from fiber optic and lit up with RGB from the aux channels - to make it look like it's feeding the crystal extra power - I apologize for the suggestion but I had to get it out of my mind.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 12:26:11 PM »

Whoa, I'm really digging your modded Raven sabers, 0mib.  They're unique and different but not in a bad way to me and looks really well thought of and built.  Have a point for that

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 08:32:17 PM »

Great job 0mib! And your saber customization looks really great, i like it!

Glad to see someone finally utilizing the other 3 accent channels; this is a mod I've been wanting to do for some time with my Emperor's Hand, and now that my warranty has finally ended on that I feel a bit less sinful taking it apart. I'm really happy to see that it is in fact doable.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: