Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Questions before order my first lightsaber  (Read 2216 times)
Panda_is_coming
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« on: November 01, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

Hello,

I am a French customer, so in advance sorry for my english.

I will order with my lightsaber club my first lightsaber.

I defined my choice (Dark Initiate LE v4) and options. But I have a question about aesthetics:
1 - Is it possible when ordering to replace the Dark Initiate LE v4 regular solid pommel (black) with that of the Initiate LE v4 (silver)?
2 - If yes, how?
3 - Last question: Is the Silver color of the Initiate LE v4 regular solid pommel the same as the silver grooves of Dark Initiate LE v4?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:52:55 PM »

Hello,

I am a French customer, so in advance sorry for my english.

I will order with my lightsaber club my first lightsaber.

I defined my choice (Dark Initiate LE v4) and options. But I have a question about aesthetics:
1 - Is it possible when ordering to replace the Dark Initiate LE v4 regular solid pommel (black) with that of the Initiate LE v4 (silver)?
2 - If yes, how?
3 - Last question: Is the Silver color of the Initiate LE v4 regular solid pommel the same as the silver grooves of Dark Initiate LE v4?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hello,

1 and 2. I'm not sure but I would contact UltraSabers customer service to see if they can fulfill that request.  If they do allow you, they will probably ask you to opt for the solid pommel and add in notes that you want a silver one.  Again, contact customer service.

3. This is just me looking at the pictures on the site and I believe so but to me, the Dark LE versions has a really nice polished look to it versus the pommel is just silver from the aluminum that is mirrored kind of like chrome but don't quote me on it. My only Dark LE has been weathered so I can't give you a complete answer on that one.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 07:16:02 PM »

I have silver and black hilts, I have never actually compared them but I believe that they are close enough that it would be difficult to notice a difference.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »

The answers to your question are:

1. Yes.
2. Contact customer support
3. Yes.

I've pommel swapped LE hilts before and the pommels and grooves are the same high polish. It's the default high polish Ultrasabers does on all their bare aluminum hilts. This is a Dominix, not a Sentinel, but this is about how it will look:

The pommel is a little dinged up, but that was all me. It was in great shape when I got it, more than 2 years ago. Smiley

Panda_is_coming
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 01:35:04 PM »

Thank you for your answers.

I contacted the support, I wait for their answer.

Thank you scifidude79 for the photo, it comforts me in the idea that the Dark LE are more beautiful with the silver pommel.

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 09:00:15 PM »

Hey there, I imagine you can get a silver version of the initiate pommel if you ask.

If for some reason you can't, step 8 of the checkout process for the dark initiate le v4 allows you to choose a different pommel if you desire.

For example the low profile manticore pommel is $20 extra and would provide a similar look. You can check out the different options and see what you like.

Anyway I hope you love it when you get it.

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

jayryan84
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 02:20:04 AM »

Ultra Sabers will take care of you, please let us know when you get your saber and post a picture Smiley Your saber will go on a long journey from Texas, USA to France... May The Force Be With You!

scifidude that is a beautiful Dominix, really like the gold rings! I love my Dominix, I was tempted by the Dark Side and had to go for something black and red when I ordered my Dominix with Lite Sound... I love it.

Welcome again Panda and I hope we get to see your saber when it arrives to you safely Smiley

Panda_is_coming
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »

Hello,

I contacted Ultra Sabers 2-3 weeks ago and no problem, they agreed to replace the black pommel by the silver pommel without problem.

Our association to place the order, and I finally received my first sword Tuesday !!!

I posted some photos in the Ultra Sabers Gallery part: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40331.0

In any case, thank you for your answers.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 11:51:59 PM »

Nice!  Love that look!  :-)  That's a great hilt!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:58 AM »

Thank you for the update and congrats on your hilt once again!

Jagen Moonrider
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

☆Fade☆To☆Black☆

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 09:23:02 PM »

So I am ordering a Standard battle saber to which is going to be my first UltraSabers lightsaber I own is there anything I need to really be aware of when I use it?

I need them Dark Points give them to me

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 07:09:44 AM »

So I am ordering a Standard battle saber to which is going to be my first UltraSabers lightsaber I own is there anything I need to really be aware of when I use it?

Have fun! and stay away from breakable objects  Tongue

-Broadside

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 07:49:45 AM »

Have fun! and stay away from breakable objects  Tongue

^This^  (Point incoming for Fedora)

I'd say only try spinning it OUTSIDE at the beginning, just in case  Wink Give yourself a little time to be fully aware of the space you need.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 08:02:26 AM »

I'd say only try spinning it OUTSIDE at the beginning, just in case  Wink Give yourself a little time to be fully aware of the space you need.

Spinning outside definitely helps you to learn how much reach you have. don't try spinning indoors until you know what your overall reach is. I broke a few vases before I learned.

-Broadside

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: