Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Author Topic: New RPG launch 2018- TOR era game discussion thread  (Read 4470 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3023

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #165 on: January 02, 2019, 11:51:47 PM »

Thanks to those that have already submitted character sheets for review.

I hope to get first reviews out by the end of this weekend for those already submitted. Ones submitted after today will just wait a little longer because priority to those who submitted first Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 599

Some people just never learn. I'm one of them.

« Reply #166 on: January 03, 2019, 01:28:49 PM »

I'm still working on mine slowly.... I'll get there. Tongue

(Sig by me!)

wandering-seeker
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -11

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »

I do have a thought, not quite so much an opinion. If there's people who are having to leave the RP or go quiet for a long time because of the real world, perhaps they could hand their characters over to the GMS to either be executed or captured and held until they can be revived when the player returns. Just a thought because I know that even if the GMS are still around and active, the loss of a player could end up hanging the story. But if the GMs know, they can cover for it so that losing a player doesn't kill a line.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1684

Lord of the Force

« Reply #168 on: January 03, 2019, 07:44:26 AM »

Just FYI, I'll be out of town until the 14th, so I won't be doing any RP work till after that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #169 on: January 03, 2019, 05:19:57 PM »

I do have a thought, not quite so much an opinion. If there's people who are having to leave the RP or go quiet for a long time because of the real world, perhaps they could hand their characters over to the GMS to either be executed or captured and held until they can be revived when the player returns. Just a thought because I know that even if the GMS are still around and active, the loss of a player could end up hanging the story. But if the GMs know, they can cover for it so that losing a player doesn't kill a line.

We typically turn over control of our characters if we aren't going to be around, then a GM or another player(of your choosing) plays that character.

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2019, 06:10:02 PM »

I have addressed this in the first post:

We would ask that if you are interested in playing, that you commit to posting at a minimum once a week. We understand that real life gets in the way (just read my first few sentences of this post!) but we think once a week is an acceptable minimum, and quite a few regulars expressed that they thought this was quite lenient. If you cannot commit to regularly posting once a week, Iím sorry but this RPG may not be for you. We will enforce that if you are gone for a week or more and we need your character to act in order to get the game moving, then us GMs will NPC your character until you return. Donít worry, we donít go about killing off characters just coz. We have enforced this is previous games and it worked just fine, we just NPC your character in the background as needed in keeping with your character sheet. If you know that you are going to be absent, a quick PM to us will let us know that we can NPC your character, or you can nominate another player to look after your character in your absence. Real life always comes first.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2019, 07:34:48 AM »

OKAY HELP PPLZ..... Either mega blonde moment, or tireds, or.... well lets just blame being blonde coz I can  Grin

I am sure I wrote somewhere the exact year we were playing but I am having a mega fail finding it. I thought I had written 8ATC, but at some stage I remember discussing with someone 5ATC. The last game was 8ATC so I don't know if I ended up setting it the same or what?

Its hard to critique backgrounds if I don't know when we are rofl!

If there are no confirmations I'm gonna stick with 8ATC.... coz....

EDIT: and this is why we have two GMs- one to fix the others blonde moments!  Cheesy My dear associate has just pointed this out in the top of the cantina thread:

Samick's Luck Cantina, Nar Shaddaa

It's 8 years after the Treaty of Coruscant.

I still can't find it anywhere in this thread or the character sheet thread which seems silly and surprising so from now on unless someone points out where I've specifically written otherwise:

WE ARE SET IN 8ATC. MAKE SURE YOUR BACKGROUNDS REFLECT THIS TIME FRAME

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #172 on: January 08, 2019, 04:12:16 AM »

Right. After forgetting im meant to be on call in case work needs me tomorrow as relief (woops!) I stayed up late getting rpg stuff done. First round of reviews out. Severus, yous will hopefully be done in next two days, if i dont work tomorrow- coz if i do i wont have time and ill be operating on little sleep Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2019, 02:29:21 PM »

Going to work on my character sheet monday. Cheesy

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2019, 05:35:39 PM »

I'm still working on it. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »

Just to clarify, we can use BBY in our sheets?

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2019, 02:11:57 PM »

BBY didn't exist then. There's no reason why you can't convert it to BTC or ATC. The TOR timeline thread will help you there.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:10 PM »

BBY didn't exist then. There's no reason why you can't convert it to BTC or ATC. The TOR timeline thread will help you there.

I tried but it's math. I don't like math. Tongue

(Sig by me!)

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 148

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2019, 10:06:49 PM »

I tried but it's math. I don't like math. Tongue

Using BBY would be in the thousands of years and more complicated.   Tongue  Treaty of Coruscant is the 0 point here, just like Battle of Yavin was for the Prequels, OT, and Sequels.

Kind of the kickoff point is 28 BTC when the Sith Empire returned and invaded. ToC is the 0 point when the Sith Empire forced the Republic into the cease fire treaty.  Then we are at 8 ATC in our game.

On an alternate note, please remember things about certain languages.  Most languages are simply on a spoken level.  Twi'leks, with their spoken Ryl and silent Lekku languages, have some different points of conversation.  The spoken part of Ryl can be learned, but there is also a subtext part of it with the Lekku that only members of that species can grasp.  There have been only a few other instances besides protocol droids that anybody knows that part.  Usually this is achieved by another species with head tails like Togruta or Nautolans.  The other completely silent Lekku language is pretty much only for that species to speak to each other with very few exceptions of other species with head tails.  Now, someone who really knew Twi'leks and had a lot of exposure to them might be able to read certain emotional inflection while the Twi'lek was talking, like happiness, sadness, anger, or discomfort, but probably not a great deal beyond that.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »

Using BBY would be in the thousands of years and more complicated.   Tongue  Treaty of Coruscant is the 0 point here, just like Battle of Yavin was for the Prequels, OT, and Sequels.

Kind of the kickoff point is 28 BTC when the Sith Empire returned and invaded. ToC is the 0 point when the Sith Empire forced the Republic into the cease fire treaty.  Then we are at 8 ATC in our game.

On an alternate note, please remember things about certain languages.  Most languages are simply on a spoken level.  Twi'leks, with their spoken Ryl and silent Lekku languages, have some different points of conversation.  The spoken part of Ryl can be learned, but there is also a subtext part of it with the Lekku that only members of that species can grasp.  There have been only a few other instances besides protocol droids that anybody knows that part.  Usually this is achieved by another species with head tails like Togruta or Nautolans.  The other completely silent Lekku language is pretty much only for that species to speak to each other with very few exceptions of other species with head tails.  Now, someone who really knew Twi'leks and had a lot of exposure to them might be able to read certain emotional inflection while the Twi'lek was talking, like happiness, sadness, anger, or discomfort, but probably not a great deal beyond that.

Yeah, I corrected it. lol I THINK I got her birth year right... I just finished and will be PM'ing you two shortly.

Also a note about languages: I know Blondie said Sith were Xenophobic and most wouldn't know other languages due to this, and she's right they were, except they were this towards non humans who WEREN'T full blooded Sith... and the Order actually adopted Basic and Sith as their official languages, so it would be likely that a trained Sith would be fluent in the Sith language.
Unless I read the Wookiepedia on that wrong..

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: