Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New RPG launch 2018- TOR era game discussion thread  (Read 8077 times)
Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 148

For the Light of the Republic! (LS Points Please)

« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:14 PM »

Yeah, I corrected it. lol I THINK I got her birth year right... I just finished and will be PM'ing you two shortly.

Also a note about languages: I know Blondie said Sith were Xenophobic and most wouldn't know other languages due to this, and she's right they were, except they were this towards non humans who WEREN'T full blooded Sith... and the Order actually adopted Basic and Sith as their official languages, so it would be likely that a trained Sith would be fluent in the Sith language.
Unless I read the Wookiepedia on that wrong..

Yes, the Empire and Sith(human Sith and Sith species Sith) both looked down on all aliens as mostly scum and nothing very good.  Even powerful alien Sith were still not very respected.  The Sith language I'm not sure how many in the Empire were taught it, and I don't know how acceptable it was for non Sith species to be speaking the language.  I imagine Sith Force users were probably ok to know the language as it was part of culture and history.

If your character is Empire or Sith Force user it probably will require explanation why you would know any other languages.  Whether they were learned while growing up, or if your character happens to be that species or if it was one of the more common alien languages that is spoken very widely and would be something good to know.

Saber Armory:
Archon v2.1 w/sound - CG/FoC/AS
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3156

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2019, 09:09:47 AM »

Yeah, I corrected it. lol I THINK I got her birth year right... I just finished and will be PM'ing you two shortly.

Also a note about languages: I know Blondie said Sith were Xenophobic and most wouldn't know other languages due to this, and she's right they were, except they were this towards non humans who WEREN'T full blooded Sith... and the Order actually adopted Basic and Sith as their official languages, so it would be likely that a trained Sith would be fluent in the Sith language.
Unless I read the Wookiepedia on that wrong..

I will default to Severus on this one I think. From memory in SWTOR dont human sith dislike the Sith species as well?

Also the maths isnt terrible difficult. We are in 8ATC. So your characters age, take 8 from that. Whatever number is left is your birth year in BTC.

So if you are 26 now in 8ATC, at Treaty of Coruscant you were 18. Therefore you were born in 18BTC. Savvy?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 686

This is our chance! We can make a real difference.

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2019, 09:37:44 AM »

I will default to Severus on this one I think. From memory in SWTOR dont human sith dislike the Sith species as well?

Also the maths isnt terrible difficult. We are in 8ATC. So your characters age, take 8 from that. Whatever number is left is your birth year in BTC.

So if you are 26 now in 8ATC, at Treaty of Coruscant you were 18. Therefore you were born in 18BTC. Savvy?

That's what I did, she was 16, so 16BTC.

My character does know a few languages, at least partially. My explanation was simply that she's an interrogator, and learned some things while interrogating alien peoples. Tongue

(Sig by me!)

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2019, 08:48:24 PM »

Itís been a little while and I have not been keeping up with SWTOR as much as I used to, but I do recall Human Sith not particularly liking the Sith purebloods, but then again most Sith donít like Sith other than themselves.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #184 on: January 13, 2019, 08:53:11 PM »

Itís been a little while and I have not been keeping up with SWTOR as much as I used to, but I do recall Human Sith not particularly liking the Sith purebloods, but then again most Sith donít like Sith other than themselves.

Ain't that the truth. Tongue

(Sig by me!)

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #185 on: January 13, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

Yes, there is a bit of prejudice, but because Sith species Sith are "purebloods" and the history and lineage behind them is sacred, nobody really brings it up.  I've played SWTOR a lot and usually you don't hear a lot of dogging on purebloods, except for some on the ones that can't use the Force.  Many human Sith are still definitely racist, but they mostly direct it other species and not purebloods.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »

I am giving everyone notice that the shavit has hit the fan at work today, and so this week I might not get much chance to get rpg stuff done- next week either since this shavit will roll over and both weekends are flat out busy but i will do my very darndest!

Our store has no assistant manager coz he got fired. The manager's last shift is meant to be thursday, except he has a medical certificate that covers all this week. We technically have no managers for our store atm. And our area manager is on leave. And the rosters either havent been done right or in the case of next week there are no rosters, and until i was contacted by the relief area manager who had the day off today i didnt even know who our manager would be next week! I spent all afternoon trying to find managers to run shifts and  staff to work them and will do the same tomorrow. And now ive been given authority ill be running shifts all over the joint too.

My hours this week have gone from 25 to 41- 3 days work to 5 and those hours may still increase- and next week will be the same kinda thing. And ive got a tonne of stuff to do around the house in what little spare time I have. And thursday im basically helping my new manager who has to move to our store early settle into the store and help do management duties so its not all heaped on her because well... the last managers did nothing and theyve left things a massive mess and its gonna be a sh1t storm for her. She at least is very nice, ive worked with her before and we get along great. So at least thats a positive! We still dont have an assistant manager though lol.

Now.... I need a strong drink Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 493

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2019, 07:12:41 AM »

I am giving everyone notice that the shavit has hit the fan at work today, and so this week I might not get much chance to get rpg stuff done- next week either since this shavit will roll over and both weekends are flat out busy but i will do my very darndest!

Our store has no assistant manager coz he got fired. The manager's last shift is meant to be thursday, except he has a medical certificate that covers all this week. We technically have no managers for our store atm. And our area manager is on leave. And the rosters either havent been done right or in the case of next week there are no rosters, and until i was contacted by the relief area manager who had the day off today i didnt even know who our manager would be next week! I spent all afternoon trying to find managers to run shifts and  staff to work them and will do the same tomorrow. And now ive been given authority ill be running shifts all over the joint too.

My hours this week have gone from 25 to 41- 3 days work to 5 and those hours may still increase- and next week will be the same kinda thing. And ive got a tonne of stuff to do around the house in what little spare time I have. And thursday im basically helping my new manager who has to move to our store early settle into the store and help do management duties so its not all heaped on her because well... the last managers did nothing and theyve left things a massive mess and its gonna be a sh1t storm for her. She at least is very nice, ive worked with her before and we get along great. So at least thats a positive! We still dont have an assistant manager though lol.

Now.... I need a strong drink Tongue

Sorry to hear about this new mess you're in. I think you should take as long as you need for this. We all will understand if you have to step away for a bit to help out other people in real life.

Hope everything works out for you!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Kaboose0008
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2019, 12:28:08 PM »

Wow, that a check of a curve ball. I second Golden's words. Take whatever time you need, Real life has to come first. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1766

Lord of the Force

« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:24 PM »

Well I should be able to get working on my character sheet now that I'm back. Uni just started up again, so I will have to see what kind of time I have, but so far it looks good.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »

Well Blondie, I have a ton of chores I need to spend Thursday on, then I'm working like 7 or 8 days in a row, so I won't have time to revise my character sheet anyway. Tongue

Take your time and good luck.

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

Thanks everyone for your understanding Smiley

Today im trying to find team to work and do rosters- never done rostering- chase emails, phone calls everywhere, do follow ups, attempt to do a large task that should have been done last week and is massively overdue, join in with conference call meetings-again never done before- field customer complaints.... in general play at being manager. Im taking a couple of much needed minutes to sit, eat, and have a break before returning to the hectic.

At least i have some very thankful area managers who have been great helping me out, and the manager coming in is so grateful.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 493

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2019, 08:36:36 AM »

pretty sure this has already been asked but are we allowed to have more than one character (one jedi/one sith) or is that not allowed?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Krace
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2019, 12:45:31 PM »

pretty sure this has already been asked but are we allowed to have more than one character (one jedi/one sith) or is that not allowed?

No, unless it was necessary, we're limiting people to only one character.  It can cause certain issues and with the new game, it's just easier to limit people to one.

Saber Armory:
Dark Liberator v3 - VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2019, 11:59:07 PM »

No, unless it was necessary, we're limiting people to only one character.  It can cause certain issues and with the new game, it's just easier to limit people to one.

The rule in the old rpgs was that if you had two characters they could never meet and never interact. That worked fine in the way it was played then, but for now it is far more guaranteed that your characters will meet. If we get enough players and make it more open world later then we will look at reinstating the multiple pc thing.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: