Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New RPG launch 2018- TOR era game discussion thread  (Read 12092 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 719

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #195 on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:38 PM »

The rule in the old rpgs was that if you had two characters they could never meet and never interact. That worked fine in the way it was played then, but for now it is far more guaranteed that your characters will meet. If we get enough players and make it more open world later then we will look at reinstating the multiple pc thing.

I remember having two characters at one point in a very early(I think the very first) RPG, and I had them interact and get into a fight. Then they implemented that rule. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 517

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #196 on: January 20, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »

No, unless it was necessary, we're limiting people to only one character.  It can cause certain issues and with the new game, it's just easier to limit people to one.
The rule in the old rpgs was that if you had two characters they could never meet and never interact. That worked fine in the way it was played then, but for now it is far more guaranteed that your characters will meet. If we get enough players and make it more open world later then we will look at reinstating the multiple pc thing.

Ok. Thanks!

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3206

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2019, 01:31:35 AM »

Guess who's back! After two weeks of madness life is starting to settle. Got an awesome manager, full time hours and currently no assistant manager. But we will get there.

About to head off playing smuggler in the real world, then hopefully tonight i can get back to playing freelancer in imaginary world

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -392

Dark Jedi

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2019, 02:32:13 AM »

welcome back!  Grin Grin

glad things are smoothing out for you.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #199 on: February 05, 2019, 01:51:57 AM »

I think the RPG just died again.

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #200 on: February 05, 2019, 10:14:33 AM »

I think the RPG just died again.

It can't really die if it never got started...Sad

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #201 on: February 05, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »

It can't really die if it never got started...Sad

true

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1793

Lord of the Force

« Reply #202 on: February 05, 2019, 12:12:57 PM »

Not dead, just busy. I know B1ondie and I are both super busy right now, so hopefully things will settle down soon. I'm working on my character sheet when I've got time, but I haven't had much time recently.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #203 on: February 05, 2019, 07:35:47 PM »

I'm just itching to play!

(Sig by me!)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2019, 07:20:50 PM »

So I checked in with both our wonderful GM's today, just to see if all was well. They're both fine, just dealing with Darth RL. They hope to be back soon-ish, but no timeline on that yet. The important thing is that they're fine. Smiley

(Sig by me!)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

Chains keep us together

« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2019, 11:33:27 AM »

It would seem to me RP on this forum is dependent on two people being here who often are too busy to be here to lead the RP? Hate on me if you want, but that seems stupid.

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Bellicose - Dark Violet Amethyst - For Sale
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:23 AM »

It would seem to me RP on this forum is dependent on two people being here who often are too busy to be here to lead the RP? Hate on me if you want, but that seems stupid.

I hate to say this because I love both Krace and Blondie, but I think I have to agree, it is kinda stupid.

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2019, 09:08:28 PM »

I would agree that the frequency with which they have to be gone for long periods may warrant them considering stepping down, however, that is their call to make, not anyone else's. I don't see a line to take their place either, though to be fair, that also hasn't really been looked into either.

My opinion is that we should have at least one more GM, ideally two, that way it's a team, rather than a pair. That will increase the likelihood of at least one GM being active at all times. But that's not my call to make either.

I understand what is happening is frustrating, with the long wait, but it is what it is.

I could use some more players for the side RPG, if anyone is interested. It's non-SW, but currently the main hold up is I don't have enough players. If you're eager to get RP'ing, you could always join that, and we can get underway to pass the time until the main RPG gets started.

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1793

Lord of the Force

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2019, 09:07:03 AM »

I agree that another GameMod or two would be a good idea. However, I don't think there is anyone else that has done enough RPing on this forum, and is on frequently enough to be a GameMod. I am on fairly frequently, (usually at least once a day), but I don't have nearly enough experience yet for me to even think of trying to become one.
I am willing to help out with character sheets if people want though. Obviously they would still have to go by Krace and B1ondie, but it could be a start if people are stuck or something. Just an option.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2019, 11:36:02 AM »

I'm not experienced enough to do that either.... I can help out and edit posts, but that's about it right now.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: