Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: NON STAR WARS RP discussion thread.  (Read 606 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -451

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 08:28:11 PM »

I welcome any input. What is your idea?

Also, I'm going to work on a list of species and powers tomorrow. But shapeshifter can turn into any animal they've "acquired" (if you remember the Animorphs books or TV series, that's where I'm basing them off, only it's genetic not a "gift from aliens"). I'm also considering limit the number of shifts you can have at once.

Lol Animorphs was exactly where my mind was.  I dont know if you are familiar with the Kate Daniels series. If not quick summary:  in the 90s Magic returned to the world and devastated it.  Magic creatures came out of the shadows and now live out in the world.  Magic flares up in shifts now, when its up modern tech does not function (not even guns) but everyone's adapted to other types of tech and weapons (swords mostly).  Kate Daniels is sword wielding merc who (of course) is more than she seems.  Good series I highly recommend.  Were animals feature heavily in it as Kate is tied to The Pack.  They have everything from werewolves to a werebadger.  The Beast Lord  is a were-lion.  But to the idea.  the were-animals have 2 forms.  Beast form which is just that, the form of what ever animal they are..only slightly bigger.  Not Twilight size wolves, but still much bigger than a normal wolf (or other animal).  Then the have their Warrior form.  its the half human-animal form.  They hold much power in this form but only the most experienced can achieve it and even then only for short amounts of time as too long in it and they go "loup"...basically lose any humanity.   Much like in the Star Wars rpg not everyone is going to be a Darth or a Master right off...only the GM and players who have been here a while could achieve the half-human form...but at a cost so it can't just be used willy nilly

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
*pending* Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 614

The lady you never saw coming.

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »

Lol Animorphs was exactly where my mind was.  I dont know if you are familiar with the Kate Daniels series. If not quick summary:  in the 90s Magic returned to the world and devastated it.  Magic creatures came out of the shadows and now live out in the world.  Magic flares up in shifts now, when its up modern tech does not function (not even guns) but everyone's adapted to other types of tech and weapons (swords mostly).  Kate Daniels is sword wielding merc who (of course) is more than she seems.  Good series I highly recommend.  Were animals feature heavily in it as Kate is tied to The Pack.  They have everything from werewolves to a werebadger.  The Beast Lord  is a were-lion.  But to the idea.  the were-animals have 2 forms.  Beast form which is just that, the form of what ever animal they are..only slightly bigger.  Not Twilight size wolves, but still much bigger than a normal wolf (or other animal).  Then the have their Warrior form.  its the half human-animal form.  They hold much power in this form but only the most experienced can achieve it and even then only for short amounts of time as too long in it and they go "loup"...basically lose any humanity.   Much like in the Star Wars rpg not everyone is going to be a Darth or a Master right off...only the GM and players who have been here a while could achieve the half-human form...but at a cost so it can't just be used willy nilly

I was actually thinking of something like that. Making it an emergency form that no one likes to use, because it's impossible to control yourself from going berserk and killing literally everything. So much so most weres haven't even gone there once and many never will in their lifetime. It may even be banned entirely in certain packs....

That's my next question. How should we handle the Alpha positions? Each pack will have two, one male and one female(just like RL wolf packs) who are the "breeding pair" (again like RL packs) meaning only they can turn others by biting(the rest of us would have to make werewolves the "old fashioned" way).

Do we NPC them or should they be players?

New year, new avatar. Thanks DarthScrub!!
(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1529

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »

I'll admit, this RPG idea is growing on me. Depending on what the story ends up being about, I may decide to play. I still really want to play a fairy, but Tepes mentioned Were-badgers, and now I really wanna be a were-wolverine or were-badger. Thanks Tepes. Roll Eyes Tongue

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

Fifth Knight of the Aeonix Order.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2735

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 01:05:45 AM »

I'll admit, this RPG idea is growing on me. Depending on what the story ends up being about, I may decide to play. I still really want to play a fairy, but Tepes mentioned Were-badgers, and now I really wanna be a were-wolverine or were-badger. Thanks Tepes. Roll Eyes Tongue

Were- honey badger?

Have stickied this thread

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 275

The Grey Prophet - 4th Knight of the Aeonix Order

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »

Were- honey badger?

Thanks B1ondeange1

is there such thing as a were-snake?

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 03:22:24 AM »

Were- honey badger?

Thank you!

Thanks B1ondeange1

is there such thing as a were-snake?

Yeah sure. If you want, or just be a shifter and turn into a snake as your "go to." Remember, vampires and fairies aren't going to be effected by venom. Also wolves and big cats have been known to eat snakes, so would be somewhat effective at killing them.

Now I'm waiting for someone to ask to be something ridiculous, like a weregerbil. Sure, but that's about the most useless power ever. Though just for laughs we could make the gerbil super powerful with no in game equal. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »

Thank you!

Yeah sure. If you want, or just be a shifter and turn into a snake as your "go to." Remember, vampires and fairies aren't going to be effected by venom. Also wolves and big cats have been known to eat snakes, so would be somewhat effective at killing them.

Now I'm waiting for someone to ask to be something ridiculous, like a weregerbil. Sure, but that's about the most useless power ever. Though just for laughs we could make the gerbil super powerful with no in game equal. Cheesy

I did not know about the venom thing.

maybe we could make the gerbil thing the size of a house or something.  Tongue

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:24 AM »

I did not know about the venom thing.

maybe we could make the gerbil thing the size of a house or something.  Tongue

"Godzilla-gerbil."  Tongue

Rule: If anyone wants that power, you are to be referred to SOLELY by that moniker, even outside the game. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

"Godzilla-gerbil."  Tongue

Rule: If anyone wants that power, you are to be referred to SOLELY by that moniker, even outside the game. Cheesy

I'll get my brother to make a profile on here with that name  Tongue.

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1529

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 03:29:41 AM »

Now all I can think of are were-porgs.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

Fifth Knight of the Aeonix Order.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 10:35:06 AM »

NOOO!!!!!

Though if that were actually a thing I already know someone who would want it.

-Broadside

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 03:52:19 PM »

I'm not planning on limiting the amount of were species that are possible. I WILL say this though, werewolves are BY FAR the most common, followed fairly closely by werecats. Everything else is pretty rare. And generally were are from their animals natural habitat, so I do ask that we stick to animals we have here in the US, where the story is based. So if you're a werecat, it's most likely to be a mountain lion, possibly a Jaguar. If you are a species who doesn't wish to be discovered, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to move to an area that your animal isn't native to. People will start asking questions if, say, an elephant is spotted in rural Ohio... a wolf or mountain lion, no one will ask too many questions.

(Sig by me!)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »

OMG i have to give you a point for that one!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 09:16:28 AM »

I'm not planning on limiting the amount of were species that are possible. I WILL say this though, werewolves are BY FAR the most common, followed fairly closely by werecats. Everything else is pretty rare. And generally were are from their animals natural habitat, so I do ask that we stick to animals we have here in the US, where the story is based. So if you're a werecat, it's most likely to be a mountain lion, possibly a Jaguar. If you are a species who doesn't wish to be discovered, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to move to an area that your animal isn't native to. People will start asking questions if, say, an elephant is spotted in rural Ohio... a wolf or mountain lion, no one will ask too many questions.

understandable. I think I'll probably do a mountain lion

another thing, when will the character sheet be posted? I'd like to get started on my character soon(ish)

-Broadside

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 02:20:26 AM »

understandable. I think I'll probably do a mountain lion

another thing, when will the character sheet be posted? I'd like to get started on my character soon(ish)

There needs to be a minimum of 5 players confirmed for this game, and I need to be given an outline of the world/ game scenario before I will give it the go ahead. That was a condition of starting it up. THEN a character sheet can be developed. So far this game doesn't have the minimum number of confirmed players. There's a few 'yes'es, and a few 'maybe's.

I'm sure you can work out a pile of details for your character if you wish without needing the sheet, then when the character sheet template is released you can make it fit to the template.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: