Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Anyone Start Having Login Errors?  (Read 5480 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: November 06, 2018, 11:08:49 AM »

All of a sudden, I’m having login errors. It started late last week as an intermittent problem, but is now persistent.

It references a problem with my browser’s cookie settings, which have not changed whatsoever.

The reason I bring it up here now is that I’m even getting the error on mobile using LTE. It also says in the address bar that the “website is not secure”.

Here’s a screen shot:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »

The other day I had issues but haven't had any since.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »

I never need to actually log in - I think there's an "always stay logged on" ticky box...

That is kind of messed up though, Dark Path Media.

The UltraSabers website is a different story.  I always need to log in there.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 01:16:27 PM »

Sometimes, this happen, you can always clear your browser's cookies and try accessing again. 

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »

I never need to actually log in - I think there's an "always stay logged on" ticky box...

There is, I pushed that when I first signed up and I've only had to sign in 4-5 times since last December.

I think I had that problem a while back DPM, I think I just had to wait it out. If what you are having is anything like my issue a while back, you'll just have to wait it out. should be just under a week if I remember correctly.

Hope it gets worked out soon.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:43:08 AM »

It happens some times.

Hit refresh, or give it some time, come back and refresh.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 12:04:28 AM »

Thanks everyone. It seems to have returned to the intermittent state. When it was the worst, I had to block all cookies to log in, then turn the functionality back on afterwards, as no other website works with cookies blocked.

It came out of nowhere. Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »

Hi DPM,

Sorry I am late to this conversation but I have been having a few computer based issues myself! However I have heard that some of the new internet browsers don't like login pages that use HTML4, HTTP non secure protocols and cookies. For improved security a lot of browsers now strongly require that a site uses HTML5 and HTTPS secured protocol when communicating. This has been causing issues for a lot of "older" message boards and the upscaling to HTML5 has caused videos on YouTube to become unavailable too.

Another slight issue I have experienced is related to SMF Database errors. But this I think is due to the popularity and traffic this site has and only so many slots for members to log in to.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 02:49:47 PM »

Another slight issue I have experienced is related to SMF Database errors. But this I think is due to the popularity and traffic this site has and only so many slots for members to log in to.

I have had difficulties with those for months

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 12:30:55 AM »

Only time I had log in errors was when they changed the scripting for the site, but that was months ago. I use a cleaner program so I have to renew my log in every week. (requirement of my job since I do some work at home).

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 03:52:11 AM »

It’s happened a few times but I set the site to always keep me logged in

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »

👍🏽

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »

By the way, where has Dark Path Media been???

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 12:07:59 PM »

That's a good question.  Maybe he's doing a gig with his band or he's playing around with his new Butcher

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »

That's a good question.  Maybe he's doing a gig with his band or he's playing around with his new Butcher

I am playing around with my Butcher of course Smiley, but more importantly; I am working hard to get the "Hardwired" font released for you guys. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on the accompanying overview and tutorial video.

I've also already began working on the next font in The Full Arsenal Collection, which will be "Ride the Lightning".

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: