Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Needing help on choosing a saberstaff.  (Read 2698 times)
GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

One must understand one's self, to defeat his foes

« on: November 06, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »

So, after a long(and I mean long) time debating on what to get for my next saber order, I've come to the conclusion that I'll be ordering the Savior in BR HGblade and a saberstaff in GB UEHGblades. Now, I'm currently stuck between the v2 Phantasm and the v3 phantasm, and honestly I just don't know which to pick. Any help or info if you own either of these (or any saberstaff in general) would be great. The Savior is gonna be my main sith lightsaber, as the initiate LE v4 I own just feels way too short to do any practical 2-hand combat, of which I prefer.

Just some extra info, I'm exactly 6'ft tall, so I'm probably going to get the staff with the 32'in blades.

Sabers I own:
Sentinel LE v4 - Consular Green
Initiate LE v4 - Blazing Red
Savior - Blazing Red
Dominix LE v3 Saberstaff with flush coupler - Guardian Blue
Fall Raffle 2018 prize: Initiate LE v5 - Violet Amethyst

Buy list:
Bellicose/Prophecy v3/Sentinel v5 - TRI Arctic Blue
Scorpion - Dark Violent Amethyst
Dominix LE v4 - TRI Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 11:21:15 PM »

I asked a similar question a few months back. I haven't actually go one yet, but here's the thread. There's some pretty helpful info in there for you. Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37806.0

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:13:49 PM »

I asked a similar question a few months back. I haven't actually go one yet, but here's the thread. There's some pretty helpful info in there for you. Smiley

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37806.0

Even after reading it through, I still feel like I'm in the same position as before, so I'll just wait till my next paycheck to determine which version of the saberstaff I go for. Thanks though!

Sabers I own:
Savior - Blazing Red

Buy list:

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 01:24:23 AM »

I have a Phantasm V2, though I mainly keep it split into 2 Aeons. Excellent staff, I highly recommend it.

Though, I must confess that I ordered that because the V3s were sold out in the early half of 2016. Still, I regret nothing. I love the V2s.

GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 02:28:04 AM »

I have a Phantasm V2, though I mainly keep it split into 2 Aeons. Excellent staff, I highly recommend it.

Though, I must confess that I ordered that because the V3s were sold out in the early half of 2016. Still, I regret nothing. I love the V2s.

That's good to hear. Also, watching your Savior video review made me choose it as my main sith lightsaber, so thanks for that! That sentinel yellow looked really good on it as well!

Sabers I own:
Savior - Blazing Red

Buy list:

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 03:00:36 AM »

Hi.  Here's a few v2, v3 & v4 staff versions of the Aeon/Dominix and Initiate.  Smiley

Most of the staffs are using the hidden coupler that is included with the purchase.  Note that the v3 Initiate one is using the sound vented adjustable coupler and that adds several inches to the overall length.  The v2 are quite streamlined and much lighter than the v3's and beyond... but my favorite is the v3's with 24" blades cus' I'm shorter.  Smiley

GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 08:50:27 PM »

Hi.  Here's a few v2, v3 & v4 staff versions of the Aeon/Dominix and Initiate.  Smiley

Most of the staffs are using the hidden coupler that is included with the purchase.  Note that the v3 Initiate one is using the sound vented adjustable coupler and that adds several inches to the overall length.  The v2 are quite streamlined and much lighter than the v3's and beyond... but my favorite is the v3's with 24" blades cus' I'm shorter.  Smiley

Many thanks for the comparisons! I've already decided on an Aeon build over the Initiate. I have a Sentinel LE v4, and it feels SOOOO good no matter what I use it for. Compared to the smaller hilts, which are really hard for me to wield comfortably without adding a MHS extension or pommel to add to the length. 32'in blades seem to be the best for me, even when it sits 2'in or so into the longer hilts.

Sabers I own:
Savior - Blazing Red

Buy list:

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 04:13:25 AM »

You are welcome.  Those pics were back from 2015.  The deeper blade emitter depth is what I like so much about the Aeon/Dominix/Sentinel lines.  Would never get rid of any of my v2's but the Sentinel v4 is my working favorite.  v2's are very popular for those who practice some forms of martial arts.  If you like the color of the LED on your Sentinel... have you considered getting another plus a coupler ?  Suggest the one in the pic as that is the only coupler that is both most circumference flush and can be adjusted to line up the switches if this is important to you.  Comes in silver or black anodized... There are black 0 rings on mine.

GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »

You are welcome.  Those pics were back from 2015.  The deeper blade emitter depth is what I like so much about the Aeon/Dominix/Sentinel lines.  I would never get rid of any of my v2's but the Sentinel v4 is my favorite.  v2's are very popular for those who practice some forms of martial arts.  If you like the color of the LED on your Sentinel... have you considered getting another plus a coupler ?  Suggest the one in the pic as that is the only coupler that is both most circumference flush and can be adjusted to line up the switches if this is important to you.  Comes in silver or black anodized... There are black 0 rings on mine.

I would get another Sentinel, but it's in Consular Green and I'm not a huge fan of green saberstaffs. I've always seen saberstaffs as that of a Jedi Knights' or Sith Warriors' weapon rather than that of a consular. Just my personal preference. I may get a flush coupler or a quick disconnect coupler later down the line, but right now it isn't super important. Smiley

Also my sentinel is an LE v4, so it would be more cost effective just to get a new saberstaff over buying another. Why pay $100ish for another sentinel + coupler price when I can pay $130-$150 for a full staff?

Sabers I own:
Savior - Blazing Red

Buy list:

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:45:49 AM »

I know I'm late to the discussion and want to give my 02...  I have Initiate staff and although those are great together, the grip area is a bit too short for me since I have rather large hands so I paired my Aeon and Dominix together (Dominix is the Dark Aeon) and they fit comfortably in my hands.  I also use 32" blades and they work well (I'm 5'10).   

After spinning and wielding many staff combinations, my Aeon staff is the best in my opinion and easy to spin and maneuver around with.  The V4 has a wider girth but is comfortable in every way. 

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 03:25:31 PM »

It's alright to be a little late.
I'm going to side with D7 on the v3's being my favorite for a staff and In01 for 32" blades ( but that's a matter of height, I'm 5'11").  On the v4 front I like the Sentinel's. Go with what calls to you. Here's a couple of pics for comparison. A Sentinel v4 staff with vented coupler and 36" blades, and a Phantom Intiate v3 with flush coupler and 32" blades. For reference it's a 7' door. The DI v3 is my favorite spinning saber. Hope this helps.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »

So jealous that you have a Sentinel staff

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »

So jealous that you have a Sentinel staff

Good news, I have 2. Well 4 Sentinels, so 2 staffs if need be. One staff was bought and I acquired the other 2 via MB and raffle.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 05:35:25 PM »

Forgot to add that the short v2 Initiates make a good one handed staff using 24" or 16" blades.  Especially good for strengthening and adding increased range of motion to one's non-dominant arm.  Yoda time.  Cheesy

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 11:17:22 AM »

Good news, I have 2. Well 4 Sentinels, so 2 staffs if need be. One staff was bought and I acquired the other 2 via MB and raffle.

Nice!

Forgot to add that the short v2 Initiates make a good one handed staff using 24" or 16" blades.  Especially good for strengthening and adding increased range of motion to one's non-dominant arm.  Yoda time.  Cheesy

I've been wanting a short staff, thanks for the info that the V2s with 24" or 16" blades, D7.  You rock!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: