Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Retro Gaming  (Read 4082 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 12:11:43 AM »

How's the play for Batman Returns for that? There were multiple versions of that. The one for the NES is very NES looking. Tongue I have both of the 16-bit versions of Batman Returns. Sunsoft did the Genesis version and Konami did the SNES release. I love the Konami one, it's an Arcade style beat 'em up. (love those) The Sunsoft one is more of a side scrolling platformer. I haven't played much of it.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 12:24:40 AM »

Hi SFD,

It's a side scrolling game and you have to work your way up a tower block. I just fired the game up to check as I hadn't played it for so long. You have a Batarang and can jump then swing from the grappling hook on the Batarang. So it sounds as though it's the Sunsoft version. Definitely nostalgic!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 07:38:11 PM »

Yep, sounds like the Sunsoft version. I need to play that version some more. I'm testing out my Mega Retron HD tonight, so I think I'll play some Batman Returns at some point. Cool

I find there are some games that have different versions between consoles. The Adventures of Batman and Robin (based on the '90s animated series) is vastly different between the Genesis and SNES. I only found that out recently. I've had the Genesis game for ages, since way back in the day. I was in the mood to play it recently, so I popped in my 100 in 1 multi cart for the SNES and popped that game up, only to find out it's a different version. Pretty cool. Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: