Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Revan vs. Nihilus  (Read 3889 times)
Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« on: November 10, 2018, 02:48:17 AM »

So I found this fan-film a few minutes ago and found it very interesting and a pretty accurate representation of the two combatant's powers. and the choreography was very well done as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xSjAkj_tyA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »

That was actually extremely well made... Dang... Will watch with sound when I get home. I'm at Starbucks right now and have no headphones so my computer is on mute lol

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »

Yep, seen that before. Still, it's awesome, so have a point for the share. Smiley Great costumes, great fights, and great special effects. Plus, the woman playing Meetra Surik is good looking. Not necessary to the plot, but still worth noting. Wink

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 04:10:56 AM »

Ehh.... didn't miss much without the sound. Effects and music are cool, but the script and line delivery are kind of weak TBH Tongue

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 05:44:18 AM »

Yeah, we probably aren't talking about professional actors in the fan film. Tongue

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 06:28:03 AM »

Yeah, we probably aren't talking about professional actors in the fan film. Tongue

I knoooow. I’m sorry. I’ve been in theatrics most of my life, so I tend to look at these things a bit more critically than average. On that note, opera singers are notoriously bad actors, so I’ve seen worse lol. What’s bothersome though is that the lines are recorded and overplayed. So this being said, it didn’t have to be “live with the action” and it’s easier to get better quality. Revan needs better diction to balance what sounds like a voice changer, and the lines for Revan and Nihiulus (if you can call his lines) should be louder to balance music volume. Sad

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

I can forgive so-so acting in a fan film. They're volunteers. That means they're truly Star Wars fans and just want to make a Star Wars movie. I feel if more of Hollywood felt as passionately about doing this as these people do, there would be better films coming to theaters.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 11:02:24 AM »

I can forgive so-so acting in a fan film. They're volunteers. That means they're truly Star Wars fans and just want to make a Star Wars movie. I feel if more of Hollywood felt as passionately about doing this as these people do, there would be better films coming to theaters.

Totally agree, its the passion that matters I'd rather see a $500 movie by dedicated fans than $5 million one designed just to sell as many tickets as possible, all it needs is some subtitles to deal with the sound issues, but for a fan video that pretty darn epic, great find GF!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »

Great find there, Fedora! Point for that one

Agreed, most of these fan films aren't with real actors and actresses so their acting skills are little to none. It's more so about the story line and the action scenes for me when I watch this.  Now, if there's known actors and actresses, then I would hold them accountable for good acting.  Otherwise, it's all just fun and games

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 10:57:28 PM »

Yeah its cool. Would've been better with just the action kind of thing though. The first lightning shot though, what did I tell you about power converters! Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 04:09:37 PM »

The first lightning shot though, what did I tell you about power converters! Tongue

I love it. Have a point for making me chuckle. Grin

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 03:25:45 AM »

This was the first time I've seen this video. It was entertaining. I want to make my own film (one day..still working it out). I just hope it will be as good as this one was.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: