Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: First Saber Reborn  (Read 1115 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« on: November 10, 2018, 03:47:18 PM »

Ah, that first saber. We all remember it. No doubt, many people cherish and enjoy their first one. Others of us gut ours and throw them in a box. Tongue Anyway, it's back in fighting form.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2FqE_NspA0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2FqE_NspA0</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 12:03:08 PM »

Great review on your Initiate LE V4 there, SFD.  I like what you did to the saber as a whole and how you blemished it to give it signs of age.  Really cool what you did as far as electronics are concerned, I really like that and may have to play with something similar.  Great review once again and I like the overall direction that you took, I would of kept the red LED connected myself so that I can play with VA colors

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:57:26 PM »

Thanks bro. My Dark Sentinel has the same board and RGB, so I'm not worried about it. Though, if you want to play with VA, I highly suggest royal blue. The blue in the LED I used isn't royal blue, it's just standard blue. (cheap CREEs off of Ebay, direct from China) Standard red and blue mixed makes for a really pink violet, even with a heavy risist on the red. The only thing I regret with this one is not putting a heavier resist on the white, as it washes out both the blue and especially the green. But, it is what it is. On the other hand, just plain white is brighter. Wink Though, to be honest, I'm probably just going to leave this set on Arctic blue most of the time. I just used the board because it's what I have on hand. The next Pico install I do is going to use a Rebel in red, green, royal blue. That should do nicely for purples. Cool

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »

Nice touch with the electrum wind emitter/pommel. And nice to have the multiple blade colors. I've been coming around on the looks of the initiate v4's. Gives me ideas for a minor customization of my own. Sigh, maybe for my birthday

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 01:21:51 AM »

Thanks. Smiley The Initiate wasn't my first choice, but I've always liked it. I definitely prefer the Aeons, though. But, with the lighter blade and getting rid of the red, I really like it. Plus, my sanding softened the edges of the windows a bit. (I intentionally gave them some extra love) Anyway, I recommend it. I definitely wouldn't go over a 32-inch midgrade or 24-inch heavy unless you like really blade heavy sabers. That 36-inch heavy I got with it was just that, heavy. But, I didn't know any better. That same blade is now 32 inches long and is in a much heavier hilt. Eventually, I'm going to get more 32 midgrades and phase out my heavy grades, since I don't duel.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 02:31:14 AM »

Well done bub. I’ve given my first to the boy, and HE cherishes it! The aeons are growing on me in a big way lately, but I think I’m over the Dominix series up to the v4’s(v2 being my first). My initiates continue to get a lot of attention from Obi-WW and myself.

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 03:38:54 AM »

Well done bub. I’ve given my first to the boy, and HE cherishes it! The aeons are growing on me in a big way lately, but I think I’m over the Dominix series up to the v4’s(v2 being my first). My initiates continue to get a lot of attention from Obi-WW and myself.

My favorite saber is the Aeon/Nix line but my Dark Initiate will always hold a special place in my heart since it’s my first and I really like the line.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 04:09:17 AM »

Nice way to bring that first saber back to life.
My first pair are now the saberstaff I call T'Shalla's Herald

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 01:03:28 PM »

Thanks guys. Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: