Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Cassian Andor Live-Action Series Announced - Thoughts?  (Read 5866 times)
Thorion
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« on: November 11, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »

"CASSIAN ANDOR LIVE-ACTION SERIES ANNOUNCED" - https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-andor-live-action-series-announced

I was personally a big fan of Rogue One and Cassian in particular (along with K2); but his character certainly could have used more development. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this announcement...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 03:05:38 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

The desert is merciless. It takes everything from you.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »

I like the bit of mystery surrounding his character in Rogue One. He hints at having done things he regrets and we even see him kill a man in his first scene to make his escape. That's powerful stuff, showing just what he's become. A series showing how he got to where he was at the time of R1 could certainly be good. Plus, it would flesh out even more of what happened in the time leading up to A New Hope.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »

Not interested.  His character was one of the dullest to come out of the new films and I can't for the life of me understand this decision. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 05:02:08 PM »

I like it!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »

Read about that the other day, not sure how I feel about it quite yet.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »

I'm with SFD on this one. this looks very interesting, I'd like to learn more about this

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »

Anything that deals with the nitty gritty not-quite-main character stories involving Star Wars is good with me. Rogue One was certainly a bold step in that direction but I think this series has the potential to push it even further. We see so much of the main characters in SW that I think it's a breath of fresh air to find out it's a big galaxy, and that there are other people in it.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:55 PM »

Anything that deals with the nitty gritty not-quite-main character stories involving Star Wars is good with me. Rogue One was certainly a bold step in that direction but I think this series has the potential to push it even further. We see so much of the main characters in SW that I think it's a breath of fresh air to find out it's a big galaxy, and that there are other people in it.

Thats fine and all..but its the characters they choose.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 09:31:21 PM »

I do like the idea of more non-Force user stories.  Cassian’s character building wasn’t the best to me and I hope that they do it justice with the series

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 10:12:55 PM »

That is could be a very strange series given you already know how it all ends for Cassian....Presumably it will have to focus more strongly on other characters to keep some tension and surprise....still could be done be very interesting if it dissolves the line between heroic rebel and outright terrorist....show the dark side of the rebels as it were.   

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »

Agreed. Stories and new characters would have to be both creative and interesting since we all know the inevitable doom of the character

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 12:43:45 AM »

Thats fine and all..but its the characters they choose.

Interesting. I'm curious, which side characters do you have in mind that'd be better?

That is could be a very strange series given you already know how it all ends for Cassian....Presumably it will have to focus more strongly on other characters to keep some tension and surprise....still could be done be very interesting if it dissolves the line between heroic rebel and outright terrorist....show the dark side of the rebels as it were.   

Well we knew how it all ended for Vader, and the Prequels weren't... all bad, lol.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 12:46:51 AM »

Well we knew how it all ended for Vader, and the Prequels weren't... all bad, lol.

key word being all  Wink

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 02:42:18 AM »

Interesting. I'm curious, which side characters do you have in mind that'd be better?

Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus for one, if we had to do something with Rogue One characters.  Those 2 and Krennic were the most interesting characters in the film.  But I have pretty much reached the point of agitation with the New direction focusing on "Normies" in Star Wars.  I watch fantasy (science or otherwise) not to see normal people, but gods and heroes with unnatural abilities.  I, personally, want to see the War between the Jedi and Sith brought to life on the big screen.  Not just one or two combatants...but thousands.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 06:29:20 AM »

I really liked everyone in R1, I want to say that Cassian and Jyn are my favorite, then I remember about K2, Chirrut and Baze. I'll give it a watch for sure.

Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus for one, if we had to do something with Rogue One characters.  Those 2 and Krennic were the most interesting characters in the film.  But I have pretty much reached the point of agitation with the New direction focusing on "Normies" in Star Wars.  I watch fantasy (science or otherwise) not to see normal people, but gods and heroes with unnatural abilities.  I, personally, want to see the War between the Jedi and Sith brought to life on the big screen.  Not just one or two combatants...but thousands.        

I understand this, my brother is much the same way. But for me, I look at a character not for their special abilities, but for their character, personality and growth (I am very character oriented) rather than just their special abilities. So while I see where you are coming from, it is just not me. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: