Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Cassian Andor Live-Action Series Announced - Thoughts?  (Read 5871 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 07:01:17 AM »

The cool thing about Cassian is that he's a spy. We've never had a Star Wars spy series on film. That's the kind of stuff I want to see, stuff we haven't seen before.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »

There are only two problems with it.

Disney +

Maybe my wife will pay for it and then I can watch it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 12:50:21 PM »

I really liked everyone in R1, I want to say that Cassian and Jyn are my favorite, then I remember about K2, Chirrut and Baze. I'll give it a watch for sure.

I understand this, my brother is much the same way. But for me, I look at a character not for their special abilities, but for their character, personality and growth (I am very character oriented) rather than just their special abilities. So while I see where you are coming from, it is just not me. Wink

Them being a well written character is (or should be) a given.  I am character oriented as well, but their abilities ARE part of the character.  Luke, Anakin, Vader, Malgus, Revan, Satele Shan, Jacen and Jaina, Palpatine, Obi-Wan.... all great characters....but also Warriors with abilities far beyond normal humans.  

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 02:31:39 PM »

Personally not really interested. Mainly because I want them to leave the rebellion era alone and go elsewhere for stories, you have 25k + years of republic before then and who knows how many thousands after, can we stop focusing on a small 30ish year period please.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 02:37:18 PM »

Baby steps. Most of Star Wars until now focused really on one family: The Skywalker family. However, some of the more recent efforts like Rebels and Rogue One have focused on other characters. Now they're willing to take a character from Rogue One and branch off with him. The Mandalorian is also moving away from that. So, they have to believe that they can succeed with a series that shows other characters before they start branching off into other eras.

And, yes, abilities are part of a character. I actually find Chirrut to be a really interesting character as well. He obviously uses the Force to see but he's not a Jedi. I'd love to see more of his character.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 07:53:07 AM »

Baby steps. Most of Star Wars until now focused really on one family: The Skywalker family. However, some of the more recent efforts like Rebels and Rogue One have focused on other characters. Now they're willing to take a character from Rogue One and branch off with him. The Mandalorian is also moving away from that. So, they have to believe that they can succeed with a series that shows other characters before they start branching off into other eras.

And, yes, abilities are part of a character. I actually find Chirrut to be a really interesting character as well. He obviously uses the Force to see but he's not a Jedi. I'd love to see more of his character.

Another thing that irks me is this intent to erase the Skywalkers...  Jeez I am sounded more and more like Logos. 

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »

Who wants to erase them? They've given us so many great movies. Plus, there was the Clone Wars cartoon. I really like what they did with Anakin on that.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 08:11:55 AM »

Who wants to erase them? They've given us so many great movies. Plus, there was the Clone Wars cartoon. I really like what they did with Anakin on that.

The fact the higher ups have talked about moving away from the Skywalkers and the fact Ep 9 is the End of the Skywalker saga.  Simply put and I will bow out of this thread as well since I have no interest in this show, the direction they are going is not endearing themselves to me.  It may not seem like a big thing to others, but I see it differently.  In the end, the very things I loved about Star Wars is being pushed to the back and twisted. 

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 05:52:00 PM »

Agreed and I would love to see more about Chirrut.  His story line would be really interesting to follow, not to mention that he's interesting on his own then you add his buddy, Baze. It would be interesting to see how they meet and watch their camaraderie once again.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »

Them being a well written character is (or should be) a given.  I am character oriented as well, but their abilities ARE part of the character.  Luke, Anakin, Vader, Malgus, Revan, Satele Shan, Jacen and Jaina, Palpatine, Obi-Wan.... all great characters....but also Warriors with abilities far beyond normal humans.  

Oh, definitely. However, my favorite types of character are the ones who don't rely on their abilities to do things. Take Spider-Man for example. Probably my all time favorite superhero, and even though his powers are awesome, it is his will to do what is right that makes me love him.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Thorion
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2018, 11:49:04 PM »

Plus, there was the Clone Wars cartoon. I really like what they did with Anakin on that.

Word!

The desert is merciless. It takes everything from you.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 11:51:14 PM »

Word!

Still is actually. They’re bringing it back and there’s already talks of a 7th season

Thorion
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 01:46:03 AM »

Still is actually. They’re bringing it back and there’s already talks of a 7th season

I saw that.  I'm very excited.  I can't believe it's been 10 years!  Time flies.

The desert is merciless. It takes everything from you.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 02:03:36 AM »

I saw that.  I'm very excited.  I can't believe it's been 10 years!  Time flies.

I know right? 10 years since it debut... Crazy

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 03:34:52 AM »

This will be its seventh season.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: