Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Having Speaker Issues!! Need Tech Assistance Please  (Read 806 times)
Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 159

" ¶ Fiπd U® L∆¢k Of F∆ith Di$tu®biπG"

« on: November 12, 2018, 11:06:21 PM »

https://youtu.be/eTrF7PHc-84

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
®∆v€π\0b$!dV4\B®\F0©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\$$\40"HG\PT
W@® G! @iv€\Ob$idV4\V@\Fo©∆s\$ilv®wht€∆V\40"HG\PT
$€0®pi0π\Ob$idV4\©G\Fo©f0\B¶kG®n∆v\40"HG\PT
M∆£i©€\Ob$idV4\b®\Fo©∆$\B¶k®d∆v\40"HG\PT
Fu¶©r®um\Ob$!dV4\$®d\Fo©∆b\B¶kB¶u∆v\36"HG\PT
L0$tG®€¥\Ob$idV4\@B\Fo©@$\B¶kB¶u∆v\40"HG
R€∆p€R\Ob$idV4\gB\FoCv∆\B¶kB¶uAv\36"HG
R€n€g∆d€\Ob$idV4\@$\FoCb®\Blk®dAv\40"8"HG
D∆®kW∆®G¶∆iv€×2\Ob$idV4\b®\FoCv∆\B¶k®d∆v\36"HG
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 11:36:58 PM »

I've had this before on some of my personal builds. You either popped a solder weld in your speaker or the speaker itself is coming apart. When you press on it, you're reconnecting the wire. I'm assuming these aren't under warranty anymore. If any of them are, contact customer support about getting it/them fixed.

Otherwise, pull your battery/speaker/board thing out. Take your batteries out first. Then, look at the speaker holder, on the side where the board is. There are two little holes. You can take a paper clip or something else very thin (blade retention wrench will probably work) and press it into that hole. The speaker will pop out, as they're just press fit in there. Once you have the speaker out, you'll be able to assess the damage. It's a relatively easy fix, you'll just need a cheap soldering iron or gun and some solder. Walmart, Target, whatever other discount store you have in your area, should sell what you need for a few dollars. (if you were working with a soundboard, you'd want a better one) I know the Walmart I work at has a little kit with a cheap iron and some solder for around $10. Now, it's your choice, but you can either solder the existing speaker back in or put in a new one. You can get that style of 28mm speaker really cheap on Amazon. I usually buy them in 4 packs for a few dollars. (Ultrasabers doesn't sell the speakers without the whole holder) Anyway, once you do your repair, test it (of course) and then press the speaker back into the holder until it snaps in place. That's all there is to it. Smiley

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 05:06:41 PM »

Thx Sci Fi!!  I took the speaker out from the dust cap side of the speaker.. Infigured it was a loose connection in the speaker!! The negative wire had come loose,  and when I took the speaker put it broke free.. The wire is so short there's no way it can be sodered back on!!  I'll have 2 buy some wire and extend the wire.. No wat size wire that is?? No sense to send it back for something that simple!!  I'm sure I can take care of that problem!!  Thx 4 the info SciFi!!  LgtSydPt

"Don't Be To Proud Of The Technological Terror You've Constructed The Ability To Destroy A Planet Is Insignificant Next To The Power Of The Force".  {D∆®th V@d€®}

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:20:37 AM »

No problem, bro. Yeah, it's a simple fix. 26 or 28 gauge wire will work. You can even get prewired ones, if you don't want to mess with soldering to the speaker. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »

I use both 26 and 28 gauge wires but like SFD said, you can get prewired speakers where you just need to solder it's wires to your existing ones in your saber. Just don't forget to get some heat shrink to help seal the wires and solder giving it that added protection

Decalocked13
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »

Seems like 2 me,  any saber I have that I use alot, I have these issues with!!  The speakers are alright,  but the connections are not solid at all!! They just don't hold up 2 rigorous usage!! Im sure I can do a more solid sodering job,  than how the speaker comes!! If I'm going to change out the speaker,  I might as well throw an upgrade in the sabers!! I'm gonna go with the 28mm bass speaker from tcss,  I bet it'll sound way better!! Ill buy enough 2 upgrade 5 of my sabers!! Guess this is where I start getting saber tools!!  Thx 4 tha intel infinit01 and Scifi!! Much appreciated!!  LgtSydPts

$@b€® ∆®s€π∆|
{ChO$€n On€ ¢€}

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 02:55:13 PM »

You’re welcome, Deca. It’s really common with the premium sound sabers as I’ve have to fix a few of mine as well. This is due to the short wires which get pulled as the saber is moving from dueling, to spinning or just everyday carry as the hilt then to flex which results in the wires being pulled. After some time, a wire or two just comes loose or get pulled from its soldering joint.

You’re welcome and point back

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: