Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Boosting Sound  (Read 1769 times)
Daerir
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 13, 2018, 04:58:13 AM »

I have a bunch of different sound fonts that I like to swap between but I only wish they were a bit louder. If there is nothing else around or I'm in a small room it's okay but if I go outside my phone is actually louder than my lightsaber. I have the volume at 100% on the Obsidian app but it's still quiet. Is there a way to boost the audio file to make it louder?

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:11:26 PM »

I have a bunch of different sound fonts that I like to swap between but I only wish they were a bit louder. If there is nothing else around or I'm in a small room it's okay but if I go outside my phone is actually louder than my lightsaber. I have the volume at 100% on the Obsidian app but it's still quiet. Is there a way to boost the audio file to make it louder?

Without blowing out your speaker? I do not know the answer.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »

I imagine that you would need a stronger amplifier and a speaker rated to handle the associated increased output. On any UltraSaber I have, the amplification circuit and the speaker are all integrated into the board.

It would seem that modification of your existing board may not be feasible, but I will defer to the members of the forum with talents in customization and DIY saber projects.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 08:52:32 AM »

has anyone tried swapping out the Ultrasabers 2w 8ohm speaker for one of the bass-speakers of identical spec on TCSS' site? may not make it louder but might give it a little more oomph.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: