Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Converting of soundfont (with Audacity) gone wrong .. What did i do wrong ??  (Read 4129 times)
Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« on: November 13, 2018, 04:49:02 PM »

I tried to convert an wav files to wav 16 bit mono 48000 Hz with the program Audacity, and it failed. Can anybody tell me what i did wrong ?? I did exactly what was instructed here on saberforum and it ended up in an Mickey mouse voice quality  Grin Grin  .. 

Video link ..
https://youtu.be/6Z5EqfTQz1Y

Dude
Knight Ensign

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:17:46 PM »

oh yeah and when i tried to install the lsu converter it says this even though i added the bitmap file to the same folder as my installation file Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  ..

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:50:50 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37244.0

Use this method. I realize it is for Diamond but .wav files work for V3 and V4 soundboards as well.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 02:27:02 PM »

You should see if you can turn that into a normal font too just for laughs XD Sounds more like Donald Duck to me though, lol

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dude
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37244.0

Use this method. I realize it is for Diamond but .wav files work for V3 and V4 soundboards as well.

know that wav file should work but they dont for some reason ..  So I'm looking to turn them wav i have into lsu file  Smiley Smiley ..  

EDIT .. Okay so i did everything descriped at the post in the link you posted, and nothing Works with wav. So Im trying to find an tool that can convert wav into lsu...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:55 PM »

Try re-downloading the programs, then re-setting your entire saber settings, then try to re-upload the font, should work then. Like take off the fonts on the saber itself in the Obsidian program. Had to do that once when I had my Bellicose with older V2.1 sound years ago x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Dude
Knight Ensign

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 10:17:01 PM »

Try re-downloading the programs, then re-setting your entire saber settings, then try to re-upload the font, should work then. Like take off the fonts on the saber itself in the Obsidian program. Had to do that once when I had my Bellicose with older V2.1 sound years ago x.x

Trust me i tried that and more .. Im totally frustated and lost .. Seems like Im the only one who cant get this font file thing to work  ..   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  .. 

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 01:08:01 AM »

know that wav file should work but they dont for some reason ..  So I'm looking to turn them wav i have into lsu file  Smiley Smiley .. 

EDIT .. Okay so i did everything descriped at the post in the link you posted, and nothing Works with wav. So Im trying to find an tool that can convert wav into lsu...

That is odd.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dude
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »

That is odd.

Sure is ..

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:07 AM »

I tried to convert an wav files to wav 16 bit mono 48000 Hz with the program Audacity, and it failed. Can anybody tell me what i did wrong ?? I did exactly what was instructed here on saberforum and it ended up in an Mickey mouse voice quality  Grin Grin  .. 

Video link ..
https://youtu.be/6Z5EqfTQz1Y
I have Audacity, but I don’t use it for conversion; at least not anymore. Standard WAV files are typically 16 bit stereo, 44000 Hz, so when you convert to 48000 Hz, it essentially speeds up the sound at the higher rate. I saw something like this in the regular Obsidian forum and maybe the technical section. They explained that there is a way in Audacity to compensate for this issue before you export the converted file.

That said, check out a piece of conversion software called “Media Human”. I believe it’s free.

https://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

It is purpose built for audio file conversion, and that’s all it does. I have converted several 16 bit, 44000 Hz files to 48000 Hz without issue. I’m not certain why the same issue doesn’t happen in the Media Human software, other than speculation that it must automatically compensate.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 04:48:10 AM »

oh yeah and when i tried to install the lsu converter it says this even though i added the bitmap file to the same folder as my installation file Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  ..

I ran into this issue myself and found a video Emory made that shows you how to fix it,

Here is a link to the video:
https://youtu.be/AwWMgOnCh0c

Here is a link to Emory’s post containing the video:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3693.0

The topic begins at the 4:40 mark.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 06:27:09 AM »

Points to DPM for being really knowledgeable and always helping out

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:17 PM »

Points to DPM for being really knowledgeable and always helping out
Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 10:19:33 AM »

Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

You're welcome my good man  Grin

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 08:21:32 PM »

I'm going to have to check out DPM's suggested conversion software when I get home.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: