Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ancient  (Read 1035 times)
janx
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -4

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 04:14:46 PM »

If it ain't broke....

This site looks like a variant of vBulletin, a PHP based forum suite used in zillions of places, even today.

It works.  The layout here is clean.  White on dark might be questionable, but it's very usable and stable.

I prefer forums to social media.  What I do here is isolated from what I do elsewhere.  It's easier to stay in a single conversation.

Works great.

Cyclops942
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 19

ASU Quidditch -- Brooms up!

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2019, 04:54:08 PM »

If it ain't broke....

This site looks like a variant of vBulletin, a PHP based forum suite used in zillions of places, even today.

It works.  The layout here is clean.  White on dark might be questionable, but it's very usable and stable.

I prefer forums to social media.  What I do here is isolated from what I do elsewhere.  It's easier to stay in a single conversation.

Works great.
You can change the white-on-dark settings, and that was the first thing I did once I got signed up. I know some folks like it, but for me, itís literally painful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aeon LE v3 in Consular Green
Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sephiroth
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 07:27:28 AM »

I'm an Ancient.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1728

Service guarantees citizenship.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 08:00:27 PM »

I'm an Ancient.

And justified. But do you like to roam the land?

Darth Knox
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1636

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 12:29:18 PM »

Doesn't this forum seem medieval?  I mean I'm a huge fan of Ultra Sabers but this sh*t looks ancient.  Seems like you have to blindly find yourself around.  I'm computer illiterate by todays standards but damn this site seems like something from Napster times.  What gives guys?  I bet you could give some techy a couple sabers to update it.  Is this the silk road?
Maybe you could make some constructive suggestions rather than just complaining about it? Personally, while the forum isn't perfect, I find it fun. And as others have said, I come here for the community.

Honestly?  I come here for two distinct reasons:

1) The sabers

2) The people
I come here for the snacks. And happy hour.

If it ain't broke....
Yep.

What I do here is isolated from what I do elsewhere.  It's easier to stay in a single conversation.
Exactly. I like not having everything online linked and synced. And being able to quote people and reply to their point is a great way of contributing to the overall conversation, especially as I live in the UK and there's that pesky time difference thing to contend with.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: