Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: New Font “Hardwired” Release, Overview and Tutorial  (Read 7431 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: November 15, 2018, 12:54:23 PM »

My new saber font “HARDWIRED” is now available for download!

As was the case with "Son of Darkness", this is not just a collection of sounds, but a complete collection of synchronized LED effect files as well. The full collection includes 175 sound files in both WAV and LSU formats, 66 UltraSabers Launcher Effect files in both RGBW and RGBA formats and 1 complete, full font file in both RGBW and RGBA formats.

You can download everything at the following link:

http://darkpath.media/hardwired

I have also put together an overview and tutorial video for this font collection; primarily because being a music-based font, "Hardwired" works a little different than a conventional saber font does. The video goes through every single sound and accompanying LED effect via a split window display showing the UltraSabers Launcher software on one side and a saber displaying the effects in real time on the other.

Since the video is on the longer side, I have included a chapter index in the video description and in the first reply below.

The video is embedded below for your convenience, and a direct link to the same video on YouTube is listed below it for those who cannot view embedded videos within this forum:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3Yreha4uw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b></b></a>

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, or let me know if you have any trouble with the download. Sometimes, users experience issues with different browsers, settings, etc. Should you experience problems like that, I'll do everything I can to get the files to you.

Direct YouTube Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3Yreha4uw

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:57:20 PM »

"Hardwired" Overview and Tutorial
Video Chapter Index:

00:00    Introduction
00:45    Content Overview
01:35    Reference: Son of Darkness Tutorial
01:58    Gratuitous Butcher Showcase
02:27    "Hardwired" Sound Font Video
03:14    Spectre Quick Look Video
03:43    Music-Based vs Conventional Sound Font
05:19    Methodology of Sound Categorization
06:15    Downloading the Files
07:20    Reference: Son of Darkness Tutorial
08:26    Saber Hookup to Computer & UltraSabers Launcher Software
09:03    Loading "Hardwired" onto Your Saber
10:00    Effects Showcase (Default Font Files) Split View, Software & Saber
16:23    Effects Showcase (Additional Effect Files) Split View, Software & Saber
31:00    Effects Showcase Comments & Wrap-Up
32:00    Hardwired Font in Action on UltraSabers Diamond Spectre
33:30    Closing Statements & Thank You

Video Link (Son of Darkness Overview and Tutorial):
https://youtu.be/_2Al_T2m_SU

Video Link (Hardwired Sound Font Video):
https://youtu.be/QyvLo0CXiaY

Video Link (Spectre Quick Look Video):
https://youtu.be/tl32obb9ei0

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »

This is Amazing! Well deserved point coming your way!

However, just like with Son of Darkness, it is not letting me download... Embarrassed

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »

This is Amazing! Well deserved point coming your way!

However, just like with Son of Darkness, it is not letting me download... Embarrassed

Thank you BatMike90 Smiley

For Son of Darkness, I believe the straight link worked for you. Here is the straight DropBox link for Hardwired:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kipi8sxppvd0ef7/AACllAlyxfn3vVC1zOPRNKiLa?dl=0

I actually had an issue with the link all of a sudden. It lasted for about a day; right around the same time I started having issues logging into this forum. It's fine now, go figure.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 09:33:59 PM »

Thank you BatMike90 Smiley

For Son of Darkness, I believe the straight link worked for you. Here is the straight DropBox link for Hardwired:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kipi8sxppvd0ef7/AACllAlyxfn3vVC1zOPRNKiLa?dl=0

I actually had an issue with the link all of a sudden. It lasted for about a day; right around the same time I started having issues logging into this forum. It's fine now, go figure.

Thank You again! I look forward to the rest of this Anthology!!

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:35 AM »

Thanks, DPM!  Have a point for yet another bada** font!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 02:13:36 AM »

Gave you another point, DPM! Having a lot of fun with this font!

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 04:10:19 AM »

Thanks, DPM!  Have a point for yet another bada** font!
Thank you very much kind sir  Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 04:17:07 AM »

Gave you another point, DPM! Having a lot of fun with this font!

2 points!? BatMike90, you are a generous man; thank you Smiley

You already have it downloaded and installed on a saber, huh? That’s awesome. Thank you for giving it a try; I’m very pleased to hear that you’re having fun with it! That is the single point purpose for making it.

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 09:51:37 AM »

I finally had a chance to explore this awesomeness and try it on a saber.  Thanks to you DPM, my Chosen One is now 200% more metal.  So far I absolutely love the font; you did an amazing job with the light effects and of course the riffage is tremendous.  I foresee to a lot of fun subbing various effects in and out since you made it so very easy to do with the self contained effect files.  Extremely well deserved point to you sir!  I very much look forward to the future releases in this series.  Thanks for sharing!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2018, 08:10:24 PM »

I finally had a chance to explore this awesomeness and try it on a saber.  Thanks to you DPM, my Chosen One is now 200% more metal.
200% is more than I could have hoped for Smiley

So far I absolutely love the font; you did an amazing job with the light effects and of course the riffage is tremendous.
Thank you very much ktulu1347, I'm glad you are enjoying it!

I foresee to a lot of fun subbing various effects in and out since you made it so very easy to do with the self contained effect files.
That was the motivation to offer the additional effect files to go along with the extra sounds. There were far more sounds developed than could be fit into a single font on a saber. I picked my favorites to fit into the default font file, but that was a difficult task to say the least; and who's to say that my favorites represent someone else's favorites? Beyond that, variety is a cool thing about having the additional sounds & effects. I will have this font loaded on all of my current sabers eventually, and I'll be able to have 6 unique versions of it.

Extremely well deserved point to you sir!  I very much look forward to the future releases in this series.  Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much for the point ktulu1347 Smiley The album bearing the song that is your namesake is next!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 03:59:52 AM »

Archiving all "Hardwired" development files for safe keeping for potential future expansion.

Here are the cover art design files, labels and photos...

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 05:39:05 AM »

Oh man! You have the Mcfarlane Metallica figures!!! AND the pop figures!!! You get a point for that alone. Not to mention offering professional quality fonts for the community for free. +1 

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 06:21:02 AM »

Oh man! You have the Mcfarlane Metallica figures!!! AND the pop figures!!!

Yes indeed Lord Silenoz! The Metallica Pop vinyls are fairly new of course, but I've had the Mcfarlane figures forever. Long, long ago when they were originally released, I bought the whole pack with the stage, drums, etc. I haven't seen anything but the figures you see in the photos for what seems like 20 years. I have no idea what happened to that stuff Cry

You get a point for that alone.

Thank you very much Smiley By means of your generosity, by darkness grows stronger!

Not to mention offering professional quality fonts for the community for free. +1

It's my pleasure. As long as you guys like to check them out, I'll keep making 'em.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 01:00:16 PM »

The cover art and the disc art both look like they were printed for sale.  Great work there, DPM!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: