Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Font “Hardwired” Release, Overview and Tutorial  (Read 7430 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 08:13:25 AM »

The cover art and the disc art both look like they were printed for sale.  Great work there, DPM!
Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

I'm paranoid about file backups, so I still write to physical media because the discs still seem the least susceptible to failure. I can't tell you how many times I've backed up to an external HD, went looking to utilize the files a handful of years later and found that either the drive failed or the files had become corrupted. I put as much stuff as I can in the cloud, but with video project files; there just isn't enough storage space.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 03:33:20 PM »

Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

I'm paranoid about file backups, so I still write to physical media because the discs still seem the least susceptible to failure. I can't tell you how many times I've backed up to an external HD, went looking to utilize the files a handful of years later and found that either the drive failed or the files had become corrupted. I put as much stuff as I can in the cloud, but with video project files; there just isn't enough storage space.

Understood. I work off of an external drive which I replaced it yearly with another so I understand

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 11:58:41 PM »

Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

Good point. I need to back up all my music on discs. Thanks for reminding me.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 05:15:16 PM »

I'm currently working on the next Met-font in the Full Arsenal collection, which is "Lightning". I'm close to wrapping up all the audio work, then I'll test everything and move onto the LED effects.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 12:50:37 AM »

Can't wait to fight fire with fire.  Looking forward to the next metal masterpiece of a font!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 12:14:04 AM »

Another one I have to check out when I get home, thanks DPM!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2018, 02:58:42 PM »

Thank you for sharing this! I've really been enjoying this font. I thought my fonts were really good. I'm very humbled now and got a lot of inspiration to improve my color mixing!
  I really hope Master of Puppets is on your to do list. I can see it now...flash on clash " Master, Master".
Kind of like the drum roll on hardwired.  Great work, and looking forward to more.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »

@Dark Path Media,  
    Thank you again for sharing  Hardwired!!!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2018, 05:09:40 AM »

Thank you for sharing this! I've really been enjoying this font. I thought my fonts were really good. I'm very humbled now and got a lot of inspiration to improve my color mixing!
  I really hope Master of Puppets is on your to do list. I can see it now...flash on clash " Master, Master".
Kind of like the drum roll on hardwired.  Great work, and looking forward to more.

You're welcome KaiserSosay Smiley I'm so glad that you are enjoying this font! It's unconventional, but always seems to get a genuine reaction when I show it to people loaded on a saber with the synced lights, etc. I totally missed a great opportunity to show it to 300 people last night... My Metallica tribute headlined a big show last night, and it didn't occur to me until afterwards that I could have showed it off on stage Lol. I'll definitely do that next time.

Where can I check out some of your fonts?

For sure, a Master of Puppets font is absolutely on my to do list. Actually, I plan to make a font of all the studio releases... eventually. Master of Puppets will definitely make the list sooner than later. Right now however, I'm nearly done with Ride the Lightning Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 05:11:11 AM »

Another one I have to check out when I get home, thanks DPM!

You're welcome Edon! Let me know what you think once you get a chance to check it out Smiley

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2018, 12:27:56 AM »

@ Dark Path Media,

Sorry my fonts are not posted. For many reasons. First I said my fonts. They aren't really. I've used other forum members fonts, tweaked them, added small things and then mixed colors for the diamond controller.  Like a Vader font, idle has his breathing. The saber blade and illuminated button dim and brighten with the breaths. Nothing "NEW".
  The real problem for me posting my Tweaked fonts is  all the music!
Every font has music. Vader font has imperial March for a lock up.
 Luke font has Star Wars main theme.
MAUL has Dual of fates.
You get the idea? Not short clips but like a full minutes worth.
Scarface font has the Geto Boys song "ScarFace" as a lockup.
Halloween font has the Misfits song "Halloween" as a force move.
My Slightly Stoopid font has the song "Jedi" as a force move.
 I hope you see the problem.
I would love to share to help out people new to the diamond controller, but forum rules about the music prevent it.
 My Obi Wan font though will get edited  and posted soon. I'm editing out the cantina music lock up, then posting it.  It is the "classic" font with some add ins. Ob saying "Hello there" then saber ignites.  Ob saying " I've got a bad feeling about this" then saber goes off. Same boot fonts already on the forum. I just mixed idle hum into the background and then added saber on/off.   Oh, and of course   "I've got the high ground".
  It's all great and interesting for new people, but for forum members that have been around awhile it's same old, same old.
  I have my saber this way because my four year old son loves the music. He has not and will not be hearing Scarface though!

He (my son) thanks you for the Hardwired font as well.  We both love it!
Also my color mixing suuuuucks ...compared to yours.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2018, 01:45:04 AM »

The scarface lock up color mixing took me forever. All I was trying to do was have the saber flash blue then off. White then off. Red the off. White then off then back to blue. I was trying to make it look like police lights but have it switch colors with the bass line. Sounds  simple enough right?
  Not for me. It took more hours then I care to mention. It should look a lot better then it does considering the time I spent.
 Like I said before, you have  inspired me to improve almost everything. Thank you again.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2018, 04:27:42 PM »

The real problem for me posting my Tweaked fonts is all the music! I hope you see the problem.
I would love to share to help out people new to the diamond controller, but forum rules about the music prevent it.

Hmmm... I'm embarrassed to admit I am not aware of that forum rule. Guess I better go back and re-read the rules! Is this unique to Star Wars-related pieces of music? After all, this thread is about a font based entirely in music, so it's either okay, or I'm violating the rules; BIG TIME Lol.

He (my son) thanks you for the Hardwired font as well.  We both love it!

I am very glad to hear that, you are welcome Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »

The scarface lock up color mixing took me forever. All I was trying to do was have the saber flash blue then off. White then off. Red the off. White then off then back to blue. I was trying to make it look like police lights but have it switch colors with the bass line. Sounds  simple enough right?
Not for me. It took more hours then I care to mention. It should look a lot better then it does considering the time I spent.
Like I said before, you have  inspired me to improve almost everything. Thank you again.

I'm glad to have provided inspiration Smiley

I have to admit, facilitating the LED sequences with the sounds is not easy; especially with music. It's exponentially more difficult attempting to match music, beats, etc than it is traditional lightsaber sounds. The UltraSabers Launcher software is very intuitive, so that's not an issue at all. It just takes more time than you would think to hammer through it and get everything the way you want.

Trust me - there have been plenty of times where I have worked on an LED sequence for a single sound, wasn't getting what I wanted after hours of trying, and just had to walk away from it for awhile. Since there's a creative element to it, it's just like any other similar endeavor; sometimes it comes easy, and other times you can't even beat it into submission with all of your might. In those cases, I just walk away for a couple hours, a day... whatever it takes to gain a fresh perspective.

I will say though, the process has given me a better appreciation for what I realized is the uniqueness of the Diamond Controller and the capabilities it offers. From a purely visual standpoint, there's currently nothing more immediately impressive than a neopixel blade, BUT... you can't do any of this automated LED light sequencing with those blades, or more specifically; boards from "The Other Guys". In the end, that means that a music-based font such as "Hardwired" is substantially less entertaining, impressive, etc. without having the ability to sync lights with the music.

So, bravo to UltraSabers and the Diamond Controller tech for that Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 02:38:21 AM »

FYI - The preview video for "Lightning"; the second entry in the "Full Arsenal" collection has been posted...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40569.0

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: