Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from Maryland!  (Read 1438 times)
deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:29 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new here, but have been a long time Star Wars fan. Always enjoyed the games and movies, but frankly never got into the memorabilia or movie replica items. That all changed recently when an Ultrasabers ad popped up in a social media feed a few months ago, just in time to start planning my Halloween costume. So naturally, I used the Halloween costume as an excuse to buy an Ultrasaber lightsaber - for my costume of course - and I had a blast on Halloween being "the house with the Jedi". I could already tell I was hooked.

I'm here barely a month later, and I've now got multiple empty hilts on the way as well as a couple mystery box sabers that I couldn't resist! I have a lot of experience soldering with electronics, as I run an automotive lighting company on the side, so immediately set out planning several custom lightsabers. I'm big into the movie replica items now, and am going to be experimenting with a few types of builds including a Neo build since I'm super familiar with installing Neopixel strips/halos on vehicles (yup, these are getting super popular everywhere now).

Love how active the community is, and how welcoming everyone is as well! Look forward to posting some saber-build posts and learning more about customization! I tried messing around with spinning and feel like an awkward idiot trying to learn the Obi-Ani, but I'm determined lol.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:45:24 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Can't wait to see pictures of your builds and the mystery boxes.  Welcome to the addiction my new friend. 

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Kazuto
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 234

Chains keep us together

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »

Welcome!

Saber Collection:
The Graflex CE - Consular Green
Spectre - Arctic Blue/Silver FoC
Gold Butcher - Consular Green
Chosen One CE - Scarlet Red/Lavender FoC

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 02:27:25 AM »

Hello and Welcome.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 02:57:46 AM »

Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 12:41:31 PM »

Welcome! Awesome to have more modding experinece added to the comunity Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 12:04:48 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction, DV2! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction, DV2!)

Galez j'us buti wo su Akuyi, ir galez zhol buti wo su j'us noj satyi j'us duobé!
(May you be one with the Force, and may it be one with you while serving you well!)

Tikazi j'us itik zo kukas, tuls kair photos iv tu'saen is tu'iea Zibeti Karza kalsoka su tu'iea vidta.
(When you get a moment, post some photos of yourself in your Star Wars costume with your saber (click > here. < click))

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 05:26:48 AM »

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new here, but have been a long time Star Wars fan. Always enjoyed the games and movies, but frankly never got into the memorabilia or movie replica items. That all changed recently when an Ultrasabers ad popped up in a social media feed a few months ago, just in time to start planning my Halloween costume. So naturally, I used the Halloween costume as an excuse to buy an Ultrasaber lightsaber - for my costume of course - and I had a blast on Halloween being "the house with the Jedi". I could already tell I was hooked.

I'm here barely a month later, and I've now got multiple empty hilts on the way as well as a couple mystery box sabers that I couldn't resist! I have a lot of experience soldering with electronics, as I run an automotive lighting company on the side, so immediately set out planning several custom lightsabers. I'm big into the movie replica items now, and am going to be experimenting with a few types of builds including a Neo build since I'm super familiar with installing Neopixel strips/halos on vehicles (yup, these are getting super popular everywhere now).

Love how active the community is, and how welcoming everyone is as well! Look forward to posting some saber-build posts and learning more about customization! I tried messing around with spinning and feel like an awkward idiot trying to learn the Obi-Ani, but I'm determined lol.

Welcome! And that's not awkward at all! Its an epic scene with beautiful choreography. I'd like to eventually learn Obi-Ani one day, but my next one will likely be either Obi-Maul or Kylo-Ren just because there are people at my local Temply who know the choreography themselves and can teach it. Obi-Maul is pretty popular here. I just finished Learning Luke-Vader VI.  Happy surprise--it translates beautifully to dual sabers. I'm sure you can find someone on the forum though who knows Obi-Ani and has a tutorial. There's so much there!

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »

Greeting from New York, that's awesome and so smart. I just got a full body armor suit and a hound helmet from game of thrones to walk my daughter around a few blocks🤣. I hope to see some of your work both on the saber and using the saber in the saber artistry section. Hope to see you soon

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »

Hello and welcome deevee2!

I tried messing around with spinning and feel like an awkward idiot trying to learn the Obi-Ani, but I'm determined lol.

You'll feel awkward at first but improvment comes with practice. Maybe you could try some simpler spins first and then move on to the Obi-Ani. I'm still mostly practicing other types but will try to perfect that one at some point.

Enjoy the forum!

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

SaberSight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2018, 12:48:24 PM »

Welcome. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2018, 01:22:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum and the addiction.  Just like Crue said, with practice, you will get better and better.  Check out this thread to get you started:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=23125.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: