Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changing out my Lite sound board for a Preium board  (Read 918 times)
Darth Mazy
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« on: November 17, 2018, 11:18:39 PM »

Hey guys i just recently got 2 mystery box sabers one with light sound and the other with preium sound.  I want to swap boards in them due to liking one hilt more over the other.   Any suggestions or ideas.   I have looked everywhere and can't find anything that might can help.

Thanks

Darth Mazy

New to the Darkside.  I have so much more fun

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »

Which hilts and does either saber have flash on clash?

Also, do you have any electronics and soldering experience?

Darth Mazy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 11:55:49 PM »

My Arbiter has the light SB and my Aeon V4 has the PB.  haven't really played around with the Aeon due to getting it yesterday.  I like Arbiter handle better.  I can do the soldering that isn't an issue.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 12:21:44 AM »

It shouldn't be that hard to do, it should be just a matter of cutting and re-splicing wires. If they were consistent in their wiring colors, you should be able to just solder the wires back together by color. However, I wouldn't count on that. I just looked in my three most recent Obsidian sabers and they've got various colors of wires in them. The one that seems most consistent is that they like to use gray for their switch wires. So, you'll have to peel the electrical tape off and look at wiring diagrams to see what's what. If either saber has flash on clash or a lit switch and the other doesn't, that will complicate things a bit.

Now, before you start messing around with electronics, it should be noted that messing with your wiring in any way will void your warranty. So, if you can't get the sabers working again, Ultrasabers won't fix them for free. They'll do the swap for you, for a fee, then your warranty will still be valid. That's one thing to consider. Another thing would be to spend some time with the Aeon to see if it grows on you. Just a couple suggestions.

Darth Mazy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 12:27:55 AM »

I have 2 aeons for a staff that i use for a cosplay.  I may end up contacting Ultrasabers just to get a price qoute on doing that swap.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 12:30:41 AM »

Ah, so you're all set up on Aeons. Smiley

I may end up contacting Ultrasabers just to get a price qoute on doing that swap.

That's a good idea. At least see how much they will charge you. At least the sabers already have the electronics, so it should be just as labor fee, plus shipping and all that.

Darth Mazy
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 12:48:48 AM »

I will contact them on Monday.  Nothing against my Aeon but the Arbiter has a better feel and is longer and plus it is sunrider's destiny lol.  A great saber that i got off of my 1st Jedi kill lol. 

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 03:06:25 AM »

I'd also like to point out that, if you're swapping a Lite board for a premium board, you're going to have to swap power packs as well. Lite board uses 4 AAA batteries, where the premium boards use the 14500 batteries

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 03:08:55 AM »

I'd also like to point out that, if you're swapping a Lite board for a premium board, you're going to have to swap power packs as well. Lite board uses 4 AAA batteries, where the premium boards use the 14500 batteries

Yeah, basically just swapping the whole pack would have been easiest. It would have just required snipping, stripping and soldering wires. But, as I said, you can't guarantee that they used the same colors of wires, so some extra steps may have been necessary. It's not terribly difficult, but also not something I'd suggest as a first saber project. Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: