Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lame Dodging video!  (Read 5686 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 01:47:49 PM »

If you can dodge a wrench....

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »

When practicing with a new partner it's always better to work in the safest way possible. I get that. No worries. It was a simple comment in case you wanted it more realistic.
That autocorrect was funny indeed  Grin

No worries, there was no offense taken lol. Safety first 👷🏻‍♀️

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 01:59:34 PM »

If you can dodge a wrench....

Ooof! That’s gotta hurt!

On that note, we do have one member who is known for experimenting with unconventional weapons (he was practicing bracers last meet and a stand in for a saber scythe he’s building). He’s the one who agreed to train me in dual sabers. He prefers shorter blades than me though, but I don’t understand how they’re so heavy. He had me try his out his sabers last class while he was working with the scythe and somehow his shortest shoto (usually his left) was heavier than my Savior with heavy grade (his first comment picking up my sabers was on how “light” they were, but I already know they’re much heavier than a lot of members who have let me hold theirs XD). That being said, he’s also left-handed, so this would have been the one for his dominant hand.

I’ll have to send him the gif. Maybe he’ll get ideas XD

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 02:01:25 PM »

Buahahahahahaha. Please do share it to him. Maybe his hilt is not only from the other guy but he also has a heavy grade blade in it. Those suckers are heavy despite the length

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 02:08:33 PM »

Buahahahahahaha. Please do share it to him. Maybe his hilt is not only from the other guy but he also has a heavy grade blade in it. Those suckers are heavy despite the length

So I’ve noticed! I’m almost wondering if he somehow weights the blade though because of where the balance sat. I’m not a fan of front heavy myself (even though it makes switching between back handed and forward easier). After all, “real” lightsaber blades are weightless. Tongue hilt was definitely from the other guy. I will say though that I like the Celtic knot designs he etched into it.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »

Maybe his hilt is not only from the other guy but he also has a heavy grade blade in it. Those suckers are heavy despite the length

There is one advantage of those "other guys"'s heavy blades...and that is you wouldn't want to take too many hits from one. I speak from experience, you soon tighten up your technique when using one! I've taken a few sparring hits and spinning mishaps including shots to the  Lips sealed   Cry

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

There is one advantage of those "other guys"'s heavy blades...and that is you wouldn't want to take too many hits from one. I speak from experience, you soon tighten up your technique when using one! I've taken a few sparring hits and spinning mishaps including shots to the  Lips sealed   Cry

I know the feeling all too well, Tyeth. I smacked my shins, back, thigh, head and back quite a bit from one of their blades during spinning... I said just about every curse word in the alphabet.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »

I know the feeling all too well, Tyeth. I smacked my shins, back, thigh, head and back quite a bit from one of their blades during spinning... I said just about every curse word in the alphabet.

Thankfully you aren't using one for your throwing technique videos!
One of the other drawbacks with the Heavy blade from the "Other Guys" is you develop forearms like Popeye! So you have to make sure you balance out and work on your non dominant hand to develop the muscles in that arm too!

point sent.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:57 PM »

Oh gosh! That sounds painful! I've been lucky enough to only ever accidentally hit myself on the back of my arm with the pommel a few times. I did trip and land pretty hard on my knee once though when I was working with my boyfriend and he parried my saber the wrong direction while I was going in with a charge (he parried so the saber would have gone inward and hit him full on instead of brushing it further to the side I was aiming at). It knocked me off balance and I fell on my knee attempting to avoid hitting him straight one. In retrospect, I should have just stabbed him Tongue It wouldn't have impaled anyway, and he's not the one who bruises like a peach XD

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2018, 02:43:09 PM »

One of the other drawbacks with the Heavy blade from the "Other Guys" is you develop forearms like Popeye! So you have to make sure you balance out and work on your non dominant hand to develop the muscles in that arm too!

point sent.

In my book one should always train with both hands. Balance is all.

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2018, 02:53:25 PM »

point sent.

Agreed, one of those may leave a nice mark if it landed.  I've always trained with both hands, especially my non-dominant one  Cheesy

Agreed wholeheartedly

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »

Agreed, one of those may leave a nice mark if it landed.  I've always trained with both hands, especially my non-dominant one  Cheesy

Agreed wholeheartedly

Yes I too concur with the two esteemed members above...just using one of the "other" blades really motivates you to do so  Grin

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2018, 06:27:54 PM »

So I was encouraged to post something... and these are the only videos I have at the moment  Cry  Tongue  Roll Eyes

I was practicing with some of the members from my local temple at the park and wanted to show the Master I had been working on learning the last of the CMs (choreographed movements) posted on the craft site at the time. What I found out was that the posted video was incomplete, so me and one of the other members learned the full choreography together. Please keep in mind that this is both of our first times attempting this CM, so we are both rather shaky (plus I stepped in an ant hill before filming and my feet were covered in ant bites >.<). This particular CM is unique because Person A is only dodging and Person B is the aggressor. Choreography is the creation of Master Echo at SaberCraft.

Me as A
! No longer available

Me as B
! No longer available

Awesome! Nice work!

That^

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2018, 06:28:36 AM »

For the first time with a new partner, that was darn good. I enjoyed watching the vids, thanks for sharing  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »

For the first time with a new partner, that was darn good. I enjoyed watching the vids, thanks for sharing  Smiley

Thanks, and my pleasure! Hoping soon I  can make some videos I'm less embarrassed about Tongue My practice LUMINA (Choreography sport) run got recorded a couple classes ago, but I've not seen that video yet. We were supposed to incorporate part of the middle of Luke VS Vader episode VI in. It was another new partner, but one closer to my size XD That and I'm a lot more comfortable with LvV since that was the choreography we were starting when I first joined classes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: