Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: LightSaber - can I change the color after the purchase?  (Read 22462 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2018, 05:20:01 PM »

Thanks everyone. I will use this thread and your posts as reference.

So the main difference in hilt is how much detail there is?

Ahh, btw can I also edit the AV-switch illumination color? I suppose so. Thx everyone

Sort of as far as hilt is concerned, the lower end hilts are more entry level or for people who want the simplicity but functionality of a saber.  These are easier to use for duels and spinning since they hardly have anything to get in the way.  The more higher end are more detailed but have more parts that are machined and installed to make one saber versus the lower end hilts being machined by 1 stick of aluminum rod.

You won't be able to, whatever AV switch color you get is it.  It has to be an RGB one for that to work and the AV switch is wired to illuminate on it's own.

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2018, 05:29:22 PM »

Thanks! To be honest, it is a relief that I can change pretty much everything with the software. you said something about the fact that your saber with diamond, didn't need to be connected?

So I got a question because that got me a bit confused. I do have to connect the lightsaber via. some USB stick to the PC, which the software will automatically detect?

Can I change the colors, gestures, real time?

Yes and no. How it works is the diamond holds up to 16 sound fonts. Each of those fonts can be programmed with various sound and lighting effects. You can mix and match these creating vastly different 16 presets if you so choose. A lot of people upload different saber sound effects into the saber. Ultrasabers here offers some for free but there's also ones you can search for though you may have to pay a small fee.

Initially the Diamond board will come with 9 present lighting and sound effects. One of these you'll select as you make your purchase—that will be your first custom setting called Obsidian. The other 8 include mute and various movie sound effects already installed. You can add 7 more sound founts or remove the 9 there and add all of your own  (I'd keep the 9 and just add however, it's simpler and to be honest I rarely scroll through all 16 fonts). For each sound font, you can also customize lighting effects as well.

To add more sound/lighting slots, you'll have to program this using a PC or Mac and use UltraSabers free launcher software. You can configure what you initially want. The combinations are endless. Once you do that, those 16 presets can be controlled in real time right from the hilt at any time. The only time you'll need to plug it in is if you want to add or remove something, where as with the emerald LED controller, any time you want to change the blade color you'll need to plug it in every time and select a new color. With emerald, you won't be able to connect a different lighting color or effect to a sound font on the obsidian sound board (although you can change sound effects from the obsidian board realtime, however, it holds only 9 fonts as opposed to the 16 on diamond).

I highly recommend checking out the diamond vid I posted above and looking at the tutorials  on UltraSabers website to make sure you know what you're getting. It will require using some computer knowledge and some initial programming. Any sound customizable hilt will however. Diamond isn't difficult though. I will say because it has so many things you can program it can be a little overwhelming sometimes. But they have things in the US launcher software that makes it really simple. If you want to go all out with custom everything down to the second, there are advanced settings in the software to do that but it will eat up quite a bit of time. The easier setup option in the software is what most people use and likely suffices as to what you're looking for. But the option is there if you want to take the time to really super customize the effects.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

SaberSight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »

Yes and no. How it works is the diamond holds up to 16 sound fonts. Each of those fonts can be programmed with various sound and lighting effects. You can mix and match these creating vastly different 16 presets if you so choose. A lot of people upload different saber sound effects into the saber. Ultrasabers here offers some for free but there's also ones you can search for though you may have to pay a small fee.

Initially the Diamond board will come with 9 present lighting and sound effects. One of these you'll select as you make your purchase—that will be your first custom setting called Obsidian. The other 8 include mute and various movie sound effects already installed. You can add 7 more sound founts or remove the 9 there and add all of your own  (I'd keep the 9 and just add however, it's simpler and to be honest I rarely scroll through all 16 fonts). For each sound font, you can also customize lighting effects as well.

To add more sound/lighting slots, you'll have to program this using a PC or Mac and use UltraSabers free launcher software. You can configure what you initially want. The combinations are endless. Once you do that, those 16 presets can be controlled in real time right from the hilt at any time. The only time you'll need to plug it in is if you want to add or remove something, where as with the emerald LED controller, any time you want to change the blade color you'll need to plug it in every time and select a new color. With emerald, you won't be able to connect a different lighting color or effect to a sound font on the obsidian sound board (although you can change sound effects from the obsidian board realtime, however, it holds only 9 fonts as opposed to the 16 on diamond).

I highly recommend checking out the diamond vid I posted above and looking at the tutorials  on UltraSabers website to make sure you know what you're getting. It will require using some computer knowledge and some initial programming. Any sound customizable hilt will however. Diamond isn't difficult though. I will say because it has so many things you can program it can be a little overwhelming sometimes. But they have things in the US launcher software that makes it really simple. If you want to go all out with custom everything down to the second, there are advanced settings in the software to do that but it will eat up quite a bit of time. The easier setup option in the software is what most people use and likely suffices as to what you're looking for. But the option is there if you want to take the time to really super customize the effects.

The color I choose at the moment of purchase, is that saved as a preset? I.e. say I change mine later from Guardian blue to deep red, will I be able to go back to Guardian Blue? I.e. are they saved?  

I do like to customise my lightsaber, etc. But I think the simple version will do for now, don't want to overwhelm myself.

So the only time you need to hook up your saber to the software via. PC, is if you are adding or removing a feature/colour from the blade?

In any case, the "basic" star wars colours are to be found (blue, green, red, purple) and does it have a colour wheel? so that you can make it completely custom?

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »

The color I choose at the moment of purchase, is that saved as a preset? I.e. say I change mine later from Guardian blue to deep red, will I be able to go back to Guardian Blue? I.e. are they saved?  

I do like to customise my lightsaber, etc. But I think the simple version will do for now, don't want to overwhelm myself.

So the only time you need to hook up your saber to the software via. PC, is if you are adding or removing a feature/colour from the blade?

In any case, the "basic" star wars colours are to be found (blue, green, red, purple) and does it have a colour wheel? so that you can make it completely custom?

Yes you can change any of the presets including the one you selected which yes is saved as a preset. That should be the first one as soon as you turn it on. It will say Obsidian.

Yes only if you're adding or removing, or otherwise altering, a color or feature already installed in the hilt will you need to attach it to a computer! Other than that it can all be changed real time through just the hilt.

There is a color wheel in the software so you can customize all shades and colors! Not just the star wars ones.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 11:21:19 PM »

I am sorry if I repeated myself or anything. I am quite new to this. I haven't bought anything yet, I am asking this before I do... Would be a shame to buy one and find out that I am not able to change the colour. So good thing I asked!

Don't ever apologize for asking questions. That's why this forum exists. You can ask questions, discuss sabers, look at pics and reviews. It's a great resource. Buying that first saber is a major decision and you definitely want to go in armed with as much knowledge as possible.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 12:04:39 AM »

Don't ever apologize for asking questions. That's why this forum exists. You can ask questions, discuss sabers, look at pics and reviews. It's a great resource. Buying that first saber is a major decision and you definitely want to go in armed with as much knowledge as possible.

What SFD said. We all started somewhere with lots of questions

SaberSight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »

Thanks, you are right. Thank you very much! ^_^

So after surfing around, and reading/browsing on lightsabers, specifically Ultrasabers. I've 2 main issues/questions: The battery and how bright the saber actually is.

First lets take battery. The main battery configuration is the Li-Ion one. And I read that it is different from simple AAA batteries?

Are there anything I should take precaution in when dealing with the Li-Ion setup? I read that if the battery completely discharges (discharge occurs naturally obv) but if it completely discharges, the lightsaber is basically dead? As opposed to having AAA batteries, I know you can just replace them with new ones, is that the same with the Li-Ion setup?

As for the brightness of the lightsaber, is it as shown in many youtube videos: is it representative of how it looks like in person/ not through video?

Source: from this video on youtube (Ultrasaber review): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4L5-yTY3s

Posted link to give credit where it is due. Back to the point, is the brightness as shown in the video, how it looks like in person? Or is the "in person" brightness as shown in this video?

https://youtu.be/b16GFfwinCY?t=170 (I timestamped it)

Because the difference is substantial and quite significant to be honest. So I am quite conflicted, how does it look like in person?

Thanks for your patience and willingness to share knowledge! :-)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »

The Lithium Ion batteries are the 14500 batteries which are AA equivalents and not AAA.  They are similar in size only but vastly different from alkaline batteries in every way starting with the chemicals that are used in the batteries itself to the output of voltage and how they discharge.  The difference is that they output 7.4 volts versus the 3 volts from 2 AA batteries.  Unlike AA batteries, they are rechargeable  but you will need Lithium Ion battery charges which are different from Ni-MH batteries so keep that in mind when shopping for batteries

If the batteries, discharge, just recharge them but if you're not using the sabers for some time, it's recommended to remove the batteries as batteries will discharge regardless of use which builds up pressure within the batteries when they're installed in a device.  This is due to devices still drawing a bit of power even when off which can cause the batteries to erupt from the pressure.  Just store it in nominal room temperatures (70 to 75 degrees F), if you're not going to use the saber

As far as brightness is concerned, it's really to the eye of the beholder.  Greens and blues are among the brightest with red being the dimmest color.  If you opt for Tri-Cree LEDs, it'll be much brighter and no, the cameras never depict a good picture of how an LED color looks since there is color loss when transferred to a digital format unless you have a super high end SLR or DSLR camera.  Even then, there's nothing like seeing it with your own eyes than a computer or cell phone screen.  The colors will vary

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: