Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS EPISODE V: call for videos  (Read 25685 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:17 AM »

SPIN WARS EPISODE V: The Spin Strikes Back

Here we are again saber community. The younglings are practicing their carols, the snow is starting to fall for some of us, and the weather is getting colder. Another year has come and gone. Hopefully we have spent some time improving our sabering  skills. Now it is time to put that last part to the test. That’s right, the time has come once again to break out those sabers, cameras, and fancy moves, and get ready for this year’s Spin Wars!  This is the announcement you have all been waiting for.

What is Spin Wars?

Spin Wars is Tradition!!!

Simply put, most of us here tend to do our own things. We do choreographed fights, martial arts demos, spinning routines, costume work, etc. What if there was a way to get several of those things into one project that would showcase a wider picture of what we, as a community, do with lightsabers? That is what Spin Wars did last 4 years. For anyone unfamiliar, the archived videos are here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fabiOtA6Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXLGXuPRQA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBuaBYkTjE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMKS1tbufw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYyPhHF3jQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

So what about this year? Anyone willing to volunteer, post a video in which you show us your saber work. You can choreograph a fight, you can give us spinning, you can film some freeform work, you can do it with lit or unlit blades, in costume or in plain clothes, outside, inside, or on green screen. This footage will be edited together into a montage. This year we will be looking at one video, but if interest is high and there are too many submissions to give everyone a chance to shine, there may have to be more than one cut.

The criteria:

1. For editing and theme purposes, the video should be designed to accompany a piece of music posted below. Please have the music playing in the video so that I can hear it in the background for timing. If you record it without the music or while the music was playing through headphones, please attach the music track to it before you post.

2. Your video must include a lightsaber and be something recognizable as "a performance".

3. Your content should not violate youtube or forum rules.

The details:

If you are interested, please post and say so. Also please indicate if you will considering yourself dark side or light side for this performance. The initial interest will help determine if we are doing one video or two but I will operate as if we are doing 1 until the situation proves otherwise. When you have a video, please post it here. I can rip things from youtube without a problem for editing. Please include the name or moniker you would like to appear in the credits. If you have a signature move, pose, or other brief trademark, please post it as a separate video or still image as you would like it to appear in the credits. If none is submitted, I will use a short clip from your routine. If you have a youtube channel or web link, post it and I will include it in the description. Please try to submit material as soon as you are able. I would like to start editing in mid December with a video release on Youtube around the first of the year.

The Music:

The track
This is the track we will be using. We are going back to a dance mix this year. Track is royalty free and easy to find. Just search by the title on the video link below.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1fqwlKzkI# (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Additional notes and disclaimers:

This is not a professional video. This is by and for those who are willing to donate time and energy to make it happen. I will have to decide what makes it in and what does not. I will attempt to give everyone equal time (provided they submit a long enough clip to accomplish this). We are only working with a few minutes of audio. I will try to include everyone, and if too many people are interested to do that, I will try to make a second cut. This may have to come out after the first though. If you have a favorite segment, feel free to let me know the time range and I will do what I can, but no promises. Other than that, feel free to discuss and ask questions if you wish. If there is anything I can do to help you put together a submission, let me know. Otherwise, happy sabering and let's make this one a good one.
Now Get Spinning!.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 01:50:01 AM »

I'm in for light side

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 02:07:26 AM »

I'm in for light side

Cool. I figured I would post Ryan's video here as well just for the sake of continuity.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-ekRw7i3o&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv-ekRw7i3o&amp;feature=youtu.be#</a>

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »

I'm in for light side

Same here.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 02:51:16 AM »

I’m in . How long should it be? And l, when do we have to have it in by?

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 03:42:21 AM »

I’m in . How long should it be? And l, when do we have to have it in by?
It can be shorter than the song but not longer. As to when to have it in. Aim for the 13th of December or so, but the ultimate cutoff will be the 20th.

Darth_Ravn
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -134

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »

Great idea ! I'll do my best to be in, of course in the dark side :p

Where should we post our video ?
I'll maybe add it to my youtube Channel and would like to add a link to the final video on it if everyone is agree with !

- Phantasm initiate v2 LE, TRI red ! (Stunt)
- Waiting for my order : double blade apprentice v5, LE, TRI BR, stunt, Quick disconnect coupler, custom pommels, and Yari Pike extension !!! ...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH5VOSkgZArKbfYsutTdFfA

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 12:46:26 PM »

I believe you upload them to YouTube and then embed them in this thread

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 01:43:04 PM »

Thanks DC! I’m gonna get it together. May the force be with us all...

AS

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 03:52:36 AM »

Great idea ! I'll do my best to be in, of course in the dark side :p

Where should we post our video ?
I'll maybe add it to my youtube Channel and would like to add a link to the final video on it if everyone is agree with !

I will actually put links to people's youtube channels in the descriptions and run some credits. As for the length, not longer than the track. It can be shorter. Infinit01 is right as to the how to upload. The best way is to put them on your channel and embed them on this thread.

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 09:52:40 PM »

Here is my entry. The batteries that have been on the charger for months decided they were only going to last for 2 minutes, so this is all I have with a lit saber.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIc3Zn6qFlQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 04:57:34 AM »

Looking good, Master Venturous

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 05:13:00 AM »

Here is my entry. The batteries that have been on the charger for months decided they were only going to last for 2 minutes, so this is all I have with a lit saber.

! No longer available

Very nice, Master Venturous. Inspiring as always.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 11:14:05 PM »

Master V keeping it real!!!!

AS

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »

Awesome Master Venturous loved it, I'll have 1 ready soon any suggestions on getting the music onto the video. My way seems bad I can play the YouTube with a second phone while spinning

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: